• Advertisement

Great Augason Farms LTS Food SALE!

General Preparedness Topics Relating to your Family

Moderators: IceFire, medic94

Great Augason Farms LTS Food SALE!

Postby LetsPrep11 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:13 am

Lately, multiple folks have asked about buying LTS and right now Augason Farms has a lot of their #10 cans and buckets on sale. Both the Whole and Scrambled eggs are the lowest I've ever seen. As an added bonus, they provide Free 2-day shipping on orders over $35.

The sale is through Walmart. com and I've put a link below. I bought 2 cases for next to nothing. :clap:

https://www.walmart.com/search/?query=augason%20farms&cat_id=976759
LetsPrep11
 
Posts: 958
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:27 pm
Location: Florida Zone 4
Karma: 54

Re: Great Augason Farms LTS Food SALE!

Postby rickdun » Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:43 am

LetsPrep11 wrote:Lately, multiple folks have asked about buying LTS and right now Augason Farms has a lot of their #10 cans and buckets on sale. Both the Whole and Scrambled eggs are the lowest I've ever seen. As an added bonus, they provide Free 2-day shipping on orders over $35.

The sale is through Walmart. com and I've put a link below. I bought 2 cases for next to nothing. :clap:

https://www.walmart.com/search/?query=augason%20farms&cat_id=976759


Thanks, I just got done ordering a couple hundred $ of other stuff that's on sale, my wife thanks you too. Good sale + free shipping, can't beat it. Thanks again.
"EVERY DAY'S A HOLIDAY AND EVERY MEAL'S A FEAST, SEMPRI FI DO OR DIE"
rickdun
Pennsylvania Preppers Network
Pennsylvania Preppers Network
 
Posts: 652
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:40 pm
Location: Pennsylvania
Karma: 13

Re: Great Augason Farms LTS Food SALE!

Postby lghb » Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:04 pm

Thanks
lghb
 
Posts: 265
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:31 pm
Karma: 1

Re: Great Augason Farms LTS Food SALE!

Postby ReadyMom » Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:06 pm

At link, above, there is wheat at a pretty good retail price, too. What makes me lean to a sale, like this (for wheat) is the FREE shipping. Shipping can get real expensive for heavy wheat deliveries. Here's the direct link for the wheat: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Augason-Farm ... b/22001478
Image Emergency Home Preparation.org -- A 'card-catalog' style of prepping information.
Image Also on Facebook: EmergencyHomePreparation (all one word)
:caution: Anything I post may NOT be used for commercial purposes or any type of 'For-Profit' distribution.
User avatar
ReadyMom
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 8660
Images: 0
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:58 am
Location: Pennsylvania
Karma: 248

Re: Great Augason Farms LTS Food SALE!

Postby woodchipper518 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:36 pm

Yep....I broke the bank on the last sale they had. Mostly bought the 'add-on' stuff: pepper mix, spinach flakes, stew mix, cheese powder, butter powder. I used the Walmart PIckup at Store feature to avoid shipping costs plus WM is just 2.5 miles down the road. The wife finally caught on but it was my $$$ so she couldn't complain except that it took up more storage space.

Prompted me to find some meal-in-a-jar recipes (Honeyville farms, Thrive, etc) to try using just LTS ingredients except I'll probably go with mylar bags instead. Anybody got a resource for more recipes?

For the life of me, I don't know why Augason Farms does not have any recipes on their website....unless they are located in some Member Area (which would be idiotic marketing).
woodchipper518
Texas Preppers Network
Texas Preppers Network
 
Posts: 153
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:01 pm
Location: North Texas - Denton County / Collin County line / 380 corridor
Karma: 0

Re: Great Augason Farms LTS Food SALE!

Postby LetsPrep11 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:19 pm

Woodchipper, below is a site I've been using for years. It has a ton of information about prepping. For Meals-in-a-Jar recipes-go down to the 'Index' on the right side then click on '365 Days of Premade Meals'. There are other recipes peppered throughout the site and a Cookbook you can download. I have to tell you, I prefer freshly assembled to Meals-in-a-Jar. I found that the tomato powder turned into a solid block that stuck to the bottom or the jar, plus the spices reacted with the onions. I guess you could seal or bag everything separately then stuff it all in the jar.

Site:
http://preparednessnibblesandbits.blogspot.com/

Cookbook:
http://preparednessnibblesandbits.blogspot.com/2009/05/basic-food-storage-cookbook-now.html

You can click on the individual items or download the cookbook.
LetsPrep11
 
Posts: 958
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:27 pm
Location: Florida Zone 4
Karma: 54

Re: Great Augason Farms LTS Food SALE!

Postby RayMac1963 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:27 pm

Thanks LP! I couldn't pass up the potatoes at over 60% off, and the scrambled eggs, and fruit. Walmart already beats most prices, but some of these were almost too good. Thats was a great tip!
I can't help but think God is up there right now saying "its time to shake the ol' Etch-A-Sketch and restart humanity again".



My Blog---> http://urbanprepperdiary.blogspot.com
User avatar
RayMac1963
Michigan Preppers Network
Michigan Preppers Network
 
Posts: 4412
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:34 pm
Location: just outside of Motown
Karma: 254

Re: Great Augason Farms LTS Food SALE!

Postby woodchipper518 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:40 pm

LetsPrep11 wrote:Woodchipper, below is a site I've been using for years. It has a ton of information about prepping. For Meals-in-a-Jar recipes-go down to the 'Index' on the right side then click on '365 Days of Premade Meals'. There are other recipes peppered throughout the site and a Cookbook you can download. I have to tell you, I prefer freshly assembled to Meals-in-a-Jar. I found that the tomato powder turned into a solid block that stuck to the bottom or the jar, plus the spices reacted with the onions. I guess you could seal or bag everything separately then stuff it all in the jar.

Site:
http://preparednessnibblesandbits.blogspot.com/

Cookbook:
http://preparednessnibblesandbits.blogspot.com/2009/05/basic-food-storage-cookbook-now.html

You can click on the individual items or download the cookbook.


Thanks for the info. I'll try out a few with tomato powder and see if it's worthy of eating. If I bag separately I'll try platic snack bags inside the Mylar bag. Never done that but with an O2 absorber maybe it'll work.
woodchipper518
Texas Preppers Network
Texas Preppers Network
 
Posts: 153
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:01 pm
Location: North Texas - Denton County / Collin County line / 380 corridor
Karma: 0

Re: Great Augason Farms LTS Food SALE!

Postby Gunns » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:35 am

I don't know I look at the ingredients on this stuff and its high in Soy, high in sugar and low in calories. If you believe their advertising than a 30 day bucket has about 9600 calories. Where is 30 in that?

I do like their wheat products though.
____________________________________________________________________________
Life Time NRA Member
Life Time Oath Keeper
Can't fix Stupid no matter how much you try
User avatar
Gunns
Texas Preppers Network
Texas Preppers Network
 
Posts: 4438
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:01 pm
Location: NE Texas

Re: Great Augason Farms LTS Food SALE!

Postby NJMike » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:46 pm

I bought some of the dehydrated meat (not the TVP), then saw this topic, went back and ordered another case of miscellaneous things.
User avatar
NJMike
New Jersey Preppers Network
New Jersey Preppers Network
 
Posts: 798
Images: 3
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:12 pm
Karma: 42

Re: Great Augason Farms LTS Food SALE!

Postby LetsPrep11 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:33 pm

Gunns, I never buy buckets. When you look at what they include, they aren't worth the money. I prefer to buy the natural foods, no additives included, to use in my own recipes. I get to control the seasonings. Those premade meals are way too high in sodium.
LetsPrep11
 
Posts: 958
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:27 pm
Location: Florida Zone 4
Karma: 54

Re: Great Augason Farms LTS Food SALE!

Postby angie_nrs » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:55 pm

I've wanted to try some of these for a while now, so I picked a few of everything. I got a lot of stuff for very little $$ and free shipping to boot. :D
I love that they have the 4.4 oz of milk packets. Sometimes I just run out of milk and these would be perfect for a quick fix if I need it for cereal or a recipe. For the price, I just couldn't pass them up. I cross checked some of these prices on Amazon and the difference is huge!

Thanks OP!
angie_nrs
 
Posts: 777
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:00 pm
Karma: 53

Re: Great Augason Farms LTS Food SALE!

Postby Gunns » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:56 am

LetsPrep11 wrote:Gunns, I never buy buckets. When you look at what they include, they aren't worth the money. I prefer to buy the natural foods, no additives included, to use in my own recipes. I get to control the seasonings. Those premade meals are way too high in sodium.


Ya I would have to agree. But truth in advertising is truth in advertising. Can you imagine how many people think they may have enough food for a year with those buckets when they only have enough for a few months?
____________________________________________________________________________
Life Time NRA Member
Life Time Oath Keeper
Can't fix Stupid no matter how much you try
User avatar
Gunns
Texas Preppers Network
Texas Preppers Network
 
Posts: 4438
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:01 pm
Location: NE Texas

Re: Great Augason Farms LTS Food SALE!

Postby LetsPrep11 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:19 pm

Just wanted to let everyone know that the Sale just ended. I was in the process of ordering more and was so excited that the Out of Stock Granola was back in stock. I had been paying between $15-$16 for it and it was on sale for $7.99! I already had the order in my cart when Walmart changed the price to $11.99. That's just not right! I'm sad but it was great while it lasted.
LP
LetsPrep11
 
Posts: 958
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:27 pm
Location: Florida Zone 4
Karma: 54

Re: Great Augason Farms LTS Food SALE!

Postby daaswampman » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:37 pm

Gunns wrote:I don't know I look at the ingredients on this stuff and its high in Soy, high in sugar and low in calories. If you believe their advertising than a 30 day bucket has about 9600 calories. Where is 30 in that?

I do like their wheat products though.


Thanks for sharing that! If they would lie about that, what else do they lie about? I would not spend my money or trust my life with a company like that. 9600 calories in a months supply of food is not an oversight! They either know nothing about nutrition or they are scoundrels! Since they sell through WW, I will assume the second option is correct. Swamp
People rarely notice what it right in front of their eyes. The Da Vinci Code
daaswampman
Louisiana Preppers Network
Louisiana Preppers Network
 
Posts: 7857
Images: 0
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:49 am

Next

Return to General Family Preparedness

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


Email Newsletter icon, E-mail Newsletter icon, Email List icon, E-mail List icon Sign up for the APN Email Newsletter - Enter your e-mail address below


  Links and Resources
  -Links
  -Podcasts
  -Free Ebooks



Trusted Sponsors












Copyright
For Notices of Copyright infringement and to contact our DMCA Agent please follow the link below:
Copyright Policy

For terms of use, rules, and policies please read our Disclaimer