• Advertisement

Prep Concerns for Korean 'Conflict'

General Preparedness Topics Relating to your Family

Moderators: IceFire, medic94

Prep Concerns for Korean 'Conflict'

Postby ReadyMom » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:05 pm

In another thread, 3ADScout said:
ANY MIKITARY ACTION IN OR NEAR NORTH KOREA WILL TRIGGER AN EXPEDITED TRANSFER OF ALL EQUIPMENT AND SUPPLIES TO BOL

What, if anything is anyone doing differently to prep for such an event?

Are you ramping up certain areas of your prepping?

Are you changing the schedule you are currently prepping (ie: not waiting to purchase something lower on your list?)
Image Emergency Home Preparation.org -- A 'card-catalog' style of prepping information.
Image Also on Facebook: EmergencyHomePreparation (all one word)
:caution: Anything I post may NOT be used for commercial purposes or any type of 'For-Profit' distribution.
ReadyMom
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Prep Concerns for Korean 'Conflict'

Postby Blondie » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:45 pm

Subscribing to listen in what others have to say.

We're out of town for the long weekend and I have this urge to head home early.
Living In A Powder Keg & Giving Off Sparks
Blondie

Postby 3ADScout » Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:17 pm

Ready Mom- here is the link to the Emergency alerts in Japan that are in English. This site is recommended by the US State Department http://www.jma.go.jp/jma/indexe.html
3ADScout

Postby mizery0317 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:46 am

My wife is out of town and I drug our bug out trunks 5 blacks rolling trunks, set them in the living room and inventoried them along with our bug out bags while watching the news on YouTube. On a more humorous note our guard Dog a 10 month old German shepherd is terrified of gas mask.
"Stay Humble"
mizery0317

Postby RockinB » Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:56 am

mizery0317 wrote:My wife is out of town and I drug our bug out trunks 5 blacks rolling trunks, set them in the living room and inventoried them along with our bug out bags while watching the news on YouTube. On a more humorous note our guard Dog a 10 month old German shepherd is terrified of gas mask.

Stop terrorizing the puppy and get back to prepping!

One of my young LGD's is terrified of snakes. He'll stay on them until we get out there to shoot em and then he takes off. Even a dead snake being carried off on a stick will send him fleeing the scene and he will not come back for many hours. No idea where he goes...
There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works.
RockinB

Postby Stahlrosen » Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:36 am

I am definitely ramping up, catching up. Need to get wood hauled down this week to cut, get some supply orders in, go through and reinventory everything that isn't sealed and marked (stuff on shelves, in cupboards, etc.), restock batteries, fill water storage. I guess really I need to do everything we would normally do for winter prep, except a bit faster / sooner!

And yes, stop terrorizing the puppy!
Stahlrosen

Postby anita » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:47 am

And here I am, packing up and getting ready to move. Sure hope nothing happens for a few months! I have a wood stove, generator, garden, chickens, and fruit trees and bushes to put in--besides a whole house to renovate! :eek:
In honor of RebNavy: "Then call us Rebels if you will, we glory in the name, for bending under unjust laws and swearing faith to an unjust cause, we count as greater shame". Richmond Daily Dispatch May 12 1862

Semper Fi, Sic Semper Tyrannis, Remember The Alamo, and Aide'toi et Dieu T'aidera!
anita

Postby Illini Warrior » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:59 am

evac orders for the US military dependents will be the key - the US will be taking action SOON ... North Korea isn't attacking ... they'll lose no matter what - but with their attack igniter China won't back them up - Little Fat Boy gets Gaddafi-ied instead of China sanctuary ...

watch the 9th - it's a crunch date - it's one of NK's most important anniversaries - Little Fat Boy has something planned ....
Illini Warrior
Illini Warrior

Postby 3ADScout » Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:03 pm

Illini Warrior wrote:evac orders for the US military dependents will be the key - the US will be taking action SOON .

Agree 100% with the caveat that that that would telegraph US intentions. So if a "surprise" is need to take out the key leadership an evacuation would ruin that and send the leadership into hiding.
3ADScout

Postby TRex2 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:21 pm

3ADScout wrote:
Illini Warrior wrote:evac orders for the US military dependents will be the key - the US will be taking action SOON .

Agree 100% with the caveat that that that would telegraph US intentions. So if a "surprise" is need to take out the key leadership an evacuation would ruin that and send the leadership into hiding.

KJU isn't really ready. His ICBM's are still iffy, so, I expect him to do another ICBM (not intermediate range) test before he is read. Or another satellite launch. So I doubt he will attack in the next few months.

I don't think we will initiate hostilities in the next couple of months, because China would take his side, and no matter how tough we talk, we aren't really ready for that.

So, I think it will be months down the road, not weeks.
Calling Islam a religion isn't much different than calling Nazism or Communism a religion.
Both were also political movements with a religious component, just like Islam.
TRex2

Postby PatrioticStabilist » Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:41 pm

Son went for a few days to Okinawa, the stress gets to him I'm sure. He is back.
I asked what fat boy was doing, he said something stupid I'm sure. I worry about
him, way to close. 12 miles isn't far enough away from radiation in my book.

Hope he can get out of there before it blows up but I somehow doubt it. This
is a constant worry for me since this crap started.

We think in December he can leave, still doesn't have orders for leaving,
just know his report date at Ft Drum is Jan 21st.

I suppose we are ready as we will ever be. I'm sure we will nor could ever
have enough.
PatrioticStabilist

Postby Illini Warrior » Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:34 pm

3ADScout wrote:

there won't be any surprise attack - no matter what - they are sitting there already 24/7 waiting .... it'll be another Desert Storm repeat - another egomaniac that is overestimating his power and underestimating what the US is capable of doing ...

besides the military dependents there's something like 250,000 civilian US citizens - other foreigners??? ... won't be an eazy evac
Illini Warrior
Illini Warrior

Postby TRex2 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:16 am

Illini Warrior wrote:there won't be any surprise attack - no matter what - they are sitting there already 24/7 waiting .... it'll be another Desert Storm repeat - another egomaniac that is overestimating his power and underestimating what the US is capable of doing ...

That is what started the Korean war in the first place.
And what started WW2.

besides the military dependents there's something like 250,000 civilian US citizens - other foreigners??? ... won't be an eazy evac

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/09/04 ... -says.html
Japan is reportedly planning for a possible mass evacuation of its citizens in South Korea as tensions with North Korea continue to rise amid threats of nuclear war.

"There is a possibility of further provocations," Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe said Monday, according to Japanese magazine Nikkei Asian Review. "We need to remain extremely vigilant and do everything we can to ensure the safety of our people."
Calling Islam a religion isn't much different than calling Nazism or Communism a religion.
Both were also political movements with a religious component, just like Islam.
TRex2

Postby dmwalsh568 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:03 am

I've already buttoned up my faraday cages, but I've put my prep Kindle in multiple layers of foil and paper just in case.

At the start of this I pulled the trigger on more FD #10 cans of meats and some of veggies too.

I've also got a SHTF shopping list if ANY military action starts going across the NK/SK border, assuming I have any time at all. But I'm guessing it won't go nuclear at once unless the little fat boy decides he's going down so he might as well take anyone he can with him. If nothing happens to the continental US, then I end up with more shelf stable items to figure out where to stuff them in the house....but if the ballon goes up, then having a bit more cooking oil, flour, etc will make things last longer.

And if we get EMP'd then when I get home I fill the water bobs and cover them with towels to block the sunlight. Next I start blocking up the basement windows and preparing for nuclear fallout - either in case of nuclear bombs going off at a distance (I have no illusions about surviving a close hit...no blast shelter here) or the eventual fires at nuclear plant cooling ponds upwind of my location. Beyond that, depends on what's happening. I have a radio and flashlight in each faraday cage, so I can take one of each out in case of secondary (or more!) EMP blasts a few days to weeks later. Hopefully some radio station would be online. I'm not that far from a FEMA bunker and the MEMA bunker, so chances are someone would be broadcasting after an event...but if not I have other preps.
dmwalsh568

Postby OPFOR Tactician » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:01 am

Hello all. Glad I can finally join in the discussions.

Regards the article below, one of the greatest U.S. concerns in the 50s-60s was the Soviet Civil Defense program. The concern being if the Soviet leadership ever once thought their essential military/civilian personnel and defense industry could survive the first and second strikes - they could win the war of attrition over time lasting several years. Of course this brought on the MAD concept and the rest is US history.

While I will be posting info on the Russian yearly national Civil Defense exercise, going on right now, we all know the U.S. civil defense system has been gone since the early 90s. Destroyed in our euphoria at being the "world's only remaining super power" etc. etc.

Now that NK has thrown a bucket of ice water into our shower of complacency, we are once again highly concerned that an enemy nation has come to believe it can not only survive, but outright win a nuclear war against us.....

The point being what they believe and NOT what we believe. For it is their belief that will drive their decision making for nuclear war. Once that happens it all falls onto us, the individual to take whatever remedial action we can to survive.

Please read below:

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/north- ... 2017-10-10

North Koreans think they can not only survive a nuclear war with U.S. but win it: N.Y. Times columnist
MarketWatch

Nicholas Kristof, the veteran New York Times columnist, has returned from a North Korea reporting trip in a pessimistic mood. “I came back,” he said on MSNBC early Tuesday, “really feeling that we are not going to be able to stop them.”
OPFOR Tactician

Next

Return to General Family Preparedness