• Advertisement

Join Your States Prepper Network. Click Here

Beekeeping

Livestock discussions including other discussions such as poultry, fish farms and beekeeping.

Moderator: mmpaints

Re: Beekeeping

Postby nutsonthefarm » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:42 pm

I havent tried it myself, but lemon grass oil is an attractant.
Good hunting froglevel
nutsonthefarm

Postby gun1 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:39 pm

I'm in south georgia I have around 100 hives of bees. if I can help answer any questions I 'll be glad to give it a try.
gun1

Postby Persephone » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:35 pm

Just shoveled 2 feet of snow off our hives and cleared their entry ways. :) Them Georgia bees are doing just fine in New England! :) 3rd year

We captured a hive (well, hubby did all the hard work, I took phone calls and sent the thank you note, ha), and it lived in our hive for 1 year and then left again.

Crazy bees.
Persephone

Postby Blaundee » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:41 pm

Around here they are tightening the laws on bees, basically saying that you must report all beehives that you have and that you must care for them the way the govt tells you to, and that they can come onto your property at any time to treat, take, or kill the bees as they see fit. No bees for me... I'll just store the honey or trade for it.
Blaundee

Postby LewisJr » Thu May 16, 2013 7:50 pm

Thats our communist country for ya. We broke laws last night while we slept. Wifey down right refuses to have bees near the house. When the bees go we go
LewisJr

Postby RaigenB » Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:26 pm

Hello all! My boyfriend Chris and I are 1st time beekeepers. We helped another beekeeper capture a colony in a 'cut-out' situation and got to keep them :) we also ordered 2 colonies and will be picking them up in a week or two.

It has been super fun so far! Can't wait to have the other 2 :)
"By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail." - Benjamin Franklin
RaigenB
Indiana Preppers Network
Indiana Preppers Network

Previous

Return to Livestock and more