• Advertisement

Winter Wild Edibles List

Wild foods, edible plants and herbs found in the North Eastern U.S. and South Eastern Canada

Re: Winter Wild Edibles List

Postby readlorey » Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:12 pm

I have books on herbs and gardening but would love to take a class that would actually go out in the field and look for the edibles. I live in Indianapolis Indiana and I've taken herb classes but we never went anywhere.

I need learning. lol

But I do have the books so I can take those and go look for myself but I'd get lost in the woods easy. LOL No sense of direction....ooo I need a compass.
There may be bloodshed...just saying!
readlorey

Postby Myakka » Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:26 pm

www.eattheweeds.com Dean is in Florida, but he has a list of other experts who teach wild edible classes and their locations. Find an expert and take a walk. Well worth it.
[i]"Oh, America. I wish I could tell you that this was still America, but I've come to realize that you can't have a country without people. And there are no people here. No, my friends. This is now the United States of Zombieland"
[/i]

Skills beats Stuff!
Myakka
Florida Preppers Network
Florida Preppers Network

Postby sageprice » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:04 pm

readlorey wrote:I have books on herbs and gardening but would love to take a class that would actually go out in the field and look for the edibles. I live in Indianapolis Indiana and I've taken herb classes but we never went anywhere.

I need learning. lol

But I do have the books so I can take those and go look for myself but I'd get lost in the woods easy. LOL No sense of direction....ooo I need a compass.

It is obvious that you don't leave the house. A third of the edible plants I can identify grow in my neighborhood and in my own yard. Such a shame :shakeno: :shakeno:
sageprice
Maryland Preppers Network
Maryland Preppers Network

Previous

Return to Northeast