• Advertisement

Martial Law

To serve and protect. This is the place for cops who believe that message and take their job seriously. APN recognizes officers who care about and defend their communities

Moderators: mmpaints, BATTLEBOY SURPLUS

Re: Martial Law

Postby Das Sheep » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:57 am

As an ET I can answer this! I work with radios a lot.

HF waves reflect both off the earth, water, and atmosphere, giving them the ability to travel around the world with a single, though very powerful, transmitter. As your frequency gets lower then the HF range, you start becoming able to penetrate water, such as with ELF or VLF. Ideal for sending messages to subs underway, and as you get past HF into UHF, SHF, EHF and the like you get the ability to penetrate the atmosphere and so communicate with beeping things in space. Another advantage of frequencies which do not bounce off the atmosphere is they do not typically have over the horizon capability so you do not have to worry about a distant listening station picking up your comms because they only go about 12 miles out, where as HF will go much much further.

HF used to be the most popular comms because you could have fewer towers and reach more people. In the space age, and as HF became crowded, UHF and SHF are becoming more popular. EHF is still mostly military from what I understand.
Das Sheep
Florida Preppers Network
Florida Preppers Network

Postby Chester Copperpot » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:43 pm

Anyone ever see that show Jerico? That's got to be a prepper classic. That town banded together but kept stern rule of law and order over the people. That's not how it would go down on a local scale. If you remember what took place on a national scale...that's a little more possible. The US government was completely shut down for a while. When it re-emerged, there were three main bodies making a power grab and claiming the title of US Government. There was one president that claimed power over everything east of like...the Missippi. There was another president claiming power over the entire country from our new capitol in Wyoming. Then, you had Texas that became it's own independent country (saying to hell with you all). The Texas National Guard was it's military. This was an awesome show in it's 2-season run, and I recommend it strongly to any prepper.

Anyway...It all boils down to gangs. A government is nothing but a group of people who agree on a structure of rules (ie, US Constitution, Koran, etc.) We have laws now. If you break the law, you get dealt with by the law. When the law is gone and the group (or "gang") is gone, everyone will exert themselves under new rules. People will only be able to survive in goups (or new gangs). There will be new rules and new groups. Just like Species was talking about above, people do what they feel they need to do in order to keep their family alive. I have said it before in my thread about "How long will you stay?", your cop buddies will make a formidable foe for any roving or domestic gang looking to exert power in your area. You are fooling yourself if you think you live anywhere within 50-miles of another living soul and think you can survive "on your own". Others will come, they will tell you how to live, and take what you have in order to allocate resources how they see fit. You will either conform or die. This is no different than it is now. We just have more laws and people in agreement with those laws. You pay taxes now to live here? Do you decide how much you pay? If you stop paying these taxes what will happen to you? They sure as hell won't leave you alone. Martial law is always in existence. It just swells and disolves when some people see fit. The Blue Line runs deep and I suggest sticking close to good people (combat proven friends) you know can be trusted. Thing will not change much when TSHTF. If the government falls nationally, you can bet there will be a struggle going on between the local governments (possibly local wars) and people for resources and resource allocation. Whoever has the most guns will win and be best off. Let this sink in a minute. It's a heavy reality. I really feel sorry for all of the preppers out there who are not looking into groups to help them survive. Compounds will be everywhere. Lone wolves will fall quickly and their provisions will go to the pack that hungers most. That's a fact.
When you don't know what you're doing, it's best to do it quickly.
Chester Copperpot
South Carolina Preppers Network
South Carolina Preppers Network

Postby PeachMan » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:43 pm

Jericho!!! Great show!!! I was so sad when they discontinued it. You know that they continued the story line, at least, in a comic?
"I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me." -Jesus

"'Put your trust in God; but mind to keep your powder dry." -Oliver Cromwell
PeachMan
North Carolina Preppers Network

Postby WyoDutch » Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:08 pm

I don't know if I buy the "There ain't enough of them to enforce martial law on us." argument.

One of the arguments used in pre civil war south was that the south was simply too large of an area to be occupied and defeated. "A rifle behind every blade of grass" scenario if you will.

As it turned out, the entire south was put under martial law by relatively few union troops.

Just saying.
You know times are bad in America when GW Bush's presidency starts looking good..
WyoDutch
Wyoming Preppers Network
Wyoming Preppers Network

Postby PeachMan » Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:21 am

WyoDutch wrote:I don't know if I buy the "There ain't enough of them to enforce martial law on us." argument.

One of the arguments used in pre civil war south was that the south was simply too large of an area to be occupied and defeated. "A rifle behind every blade of grass" scenario if you will.

As it turned out, the entire south was put under martial law by relatively few union troops.

Just saying.

I don't buy it, either, dutch. With the UN involved, they could suppress every major city. With local agencies involved, they could afford the manpower to go door-to-door and collect guns.

As I've said before, though, I'm waiting for one or two major dominoes to fall before they'll be able to do this. They wouldn't be able to pull it off now. They need to make sure that the beast is adequately injured and paralyzed before they'll come in and cut its nuts off.
"I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me." -Jesus

"'Put your trust in God; but mind to keep your powder dry." -Oliver Cromwell
PeachMan

Postby Molon labe » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:18 pm

Those guys in that video are CHP, most have a mild "God complex" and because they're from california thats what they're engrained to do, they see a gun and usually shoot. She should've mentioned the weapon and they should've noticed earlier that she had a weapon in her hand. Its still disgusting to see her treated that way. I feel pretty good that that wont happen here in Arizona, not because there would be an uprising (and there would be) but because the law here thinks mostly like we do.
To the LEOs Thanks for doing what you do to keep us safe. And keep yourselves safe too.
Please remember your OATH, because soon all of our lives might depend on it.

duetime wrote:Simple symantics. As you mentioned, they will not "Declare martial law". They will "enforce new regulations under a state of emergency to ensure the safety of the public." I don't know about you but watching a little old lady getting taken down to the ground by three grown men in her own house for showing them her gun is enough to make me physically ill. We are indeed in trouble and with the new NDAA out there, the constitution has been ripped to shreds as far as Due Process. God help us.

This is what the new martial law will look like. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cByE6kg-BjE
Molon labe

Postby Desert Rider » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:58 pm

PeachMan wrote:
Das Sheep wrote:There is simply not enough LEO and military to enforce martial law on a regional much less national scale.

No, just some of the larger cities, maybe. The only scenario that works is setting up camps and yelling "come and get it." Those that are starving willingly walk in, while many others die, and then many others (preppers, etc) may be considered enemies of the state for not handing over their weapons.

I agree PeachMan....I agree.
Desert Rider

Postby Desert Rider » Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:00 pm

PeachMan wrote:Jericho!!! Great show!!! I was so sad when they discontinued it. You know that they continued the story line, at least, in a comic?

The new show, REVOLUTION where all the power goes out and people are left to survive on their own or in a commune setting. I like the show only because, it could really happen here. Think about it!!!
Desert Rider

Previous

Return to Law Enforcement Officers