• Advertisement

Zimmerman Trial Really Over?

To serve and protect. This is the place for cops who believe that message and take their job seriously. APN recognizes officers who care about and defend their communities

Moderators: mmpaints, BATTLEBOY SURPLUS

Zimmerman Trial Really Over?

Postby Chester Copperpot » Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:00 am

Okay. A bad situation happened, a life was lost, and another was on trial for his life. 44-days went by before he was charged...because no local, state, or federal laws were broken. Political pressure mounted because people refused to listen to the facts and finally a man was charged so the state could avoid more expensive civil rights lawsuits. The state attempted to try a man based on theory and not law. The burden of beyond a reasonable doubt was not met and he was found by a jury of his peers to be not guilty.

Now, the state looks stupid and they are going to get sued anyway. Now these civil rights leaders have sold a bad package to the public and the public feels ripped off.

Everyone needs to be real careful, cops and citizens. There will likely be further violence cast upon our society under the guise of this "injustice". Please use common personal safety practices and be extra vigilant while this all sinks into the public over the next week or so.

I am sick that a life was lost. All of the following beliefs are based on the facts of the case as presented in court...not hearsay on the street. I believe if Zimmerman hadn't followed Martin. Martin would still be alive. I believe if Zimmerman hadn't shot Martin he would have been victim of serious bodily injury, maybe even death. Martin was the one who initiated a violent confrontation. If Zimmerman had been unable to defend himself then Martin would have been on trial. But then we wouldn't have had this circus, this disruption, this civil unrest and no one would have profited. No, because of the facts and a few people's choice to ignore them we have all lost.
I only hope we can all grieve the loss appropriately, learn from the mistakes, and move on peacefully. The right to self defense is fundamental in self preservation. It was unfortunate that it had to be utilized in this situation but people need to remain aware that it is your right to defend yourself if attacked, and the law still reflects this.

Be safe out there brothers and sisters! Go in peace.
When you don't know what you're doing, it's best to do it quickly.
Chester Copperpot
South Carolina Preppers Network

Re: Zimmerman Trial Really Over?

Postby popcandave » Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:11 am

Ditto!!
popcandave
West Virginia Preppers Network
West Virginia Preppers Network

Postby Dirk Williams » Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:52 am

While I understand your emotional response, I fundamentally disagree. This was a dog and pony show, politically motivated. I know your all tired of hearing this but I'm a. Retired cop 24 years. Ive spent many years on the stand in criminal cases. The facts are the facts and the law is the law.

I will agree that it's a shame that a young name lost his life. However the verdict as we know it is the correct verdict. Based on the facts of the case and the laws of Florida.

The Jury got it right. This was a politically motivated criminal case, which should have never gone to trial. From the White House to the Florida state attorney general to the city council of that town, you people are the problem.

My friends here, emotion can note,nor should not be inflicted in a trial like this. Clearly from day one GZ is a pile of dog poo, yet he was more right the TM was In this case.

The state of Florida and the federal attorney general to Include our president are culpable. They alLowed their emotions and race to influence the decision making process.

We as a nation will pay the price for poor decision making from elected county state and federal officials.

This case only flew because we have a black president and a black attorney general. This case is and was politically motivated.

I'm 56 years old. I can not remember a time in my life when race relations has been so high. I have to ask why!

Next up a federal civil rights law suit. The burden of proof is civil, or 51 percent rather that 98 percent or a preponderance of the evidence.

I still think Zimmerman will win that case as well. The race card is not Applicable. Zimmerman is also a minority.

As our friend from Reno Nevada says. Just My Opinion.

Dirk Williams
Dirk Williams

Postby RedHorse_Ronin » Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:28 am

This is a rare time I will have to wholeheartedly concur with DW.
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves" William Pitt the younger

Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good .45acp at your side, kid.

Winston, Julia, or O'Brien? How about none of the above?

It's got electrolytes!
RedHorse_Ronin
Maryland Preppers Network
Maryland Preppers Network

Postby daaswampman » Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:35 am

I am sure that the verdict did not change anyone's mind. Everyone lost, including T, Z, and the people of this nation. Z will live with fear everyday of his life. I hope he is smart enough to move and change his name. Sadly justice was not served for anyone including Z. If your not guilty, then you should be able to go back to you life and be left along. That is not going to happen for Z. Swamp
daaswampman
Louisiana Preppers Network
Louisiana Preppers Network

Postby theoutback » Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:57 am

Any race problems in this country will not change, and if anything the divide will deepen. The press and president Obama drummed this up and made it about race, and still this morning they don't get it. A reporter at the post trial press briefing asked the defense lawyers, "if it was the other way around, and it was a white child killed by a black man....."! They still can't leave the narrative that this was a white on black trial. It's funny how they don't call the president white! :(
theoutback

Postby oswegoscott » Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:31 am

theoutback wrote:Any race problems in this country will not change, and if anything the divide will deepen. The press and president Obama drummed this up and made it about race, and still this morning they don't get it. A reporter at the post trial press briefing asked the defense lawyers, "if it was the other way around, and it was a white child killed by a black man....."! They still can't leave the narrative that this was a white on black trial. It's funny how they don't call the president white! :(

You got it. This was/is all about further dividing the country.
oswegoscott

Postby ForwardPreppers » Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:03 am

Dirk Williams wrote:While I understand your emotional response, I fundamentally disagree. This was a dog and pony show, politically motivated. I know your all tired of hearing this but I'm a. Retired cop 24 years. Ive spent many years on the stand in criminal cases. The facts are the facts and the law is the law.

I will agree that it's a shame that a young name lost his life. However the verdict as we know it is the correct verdict. Based on the facts of the case and the laws of Florida.

The Jury got it right. This was a politically motivated criminal case, which should have never gone to trial. From the White House to the Florida state attorney general to the city council of that town, you people are the problem.

My friends here, emotion can note,nor should not be inflicted in a trial like this. Clearly from day one GZ is a pile of dog poo, yet he was more right the TM was In this case.

The state of Florida and the federal attorney general to Include our president are culpable. They alLowed their emotions and race to influence the decision making process.

We as a nation will pay the price for poor decision making from elected county state and federal officials.

This case only flew because we have a black president and a black attorney general. This case is and was politically motivated.

I'm 56 years old. I can not remember a time in my life when race relations has been so high. I have to ask why!

Next up a federal civil rights law suit. The burden of proof is civil, or 51 percent rather that 98 percent or a preponderance of the evidence.

I still think Zimmerman will win that case as well. The race card is not Applicable. Zimmerman is also a minority.

As our friend from Reno Nevada says. Just My Opinion.

Dirk Williams

Got to agree with you Dirk.
When a defining moment comes along, you define the moment… or the moment defines you.
ForwardPreppers
South Carolina State Moderator
South Carolina State Moderator

Postby Illini Warrior » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:53 am

when I read the thread title, I'm thinking Obammy & Holder Inc sticking their collective Fed noses into more charges against Zimmerman .... it's just something they would love to push and shove .....
Illini Warrior
Illini Warrior

Postby Chester Copperpot » Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:06 am

Dirk Williams wrote:While I understand your emotional response, I fundamentally disagree. This was a dog and pony show, politically motivated. I know your all tired of hearing this but I'm a. Retired cop 24 years. Ive spent many years on the stand in criminal cases. The facts are the facts and the law is the law.

Dirk Williams

Not sure what fundamentals with which you are disagreeing. Sounds like we're on the same page.
When you don't know what you're doing, it's best to do it quickly.
Chester Copperpot

Return to Law Enforcement Officers