• Advertisement

Tightening Security

To serve and protect. This is the place for cops who believe that message and take their job seriously. APN recognizes officers who care about and defend their communities

Moderators: mmpaints, BATTLEBOY SURPLUS

Tightening Security

Postby Chester Copperpot » Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:29 pm

Well, I'm sad to say that this is my only social media account that hasn't been deleted. I am now clear of everything else in light of the current state of things. Going dark. I have chosen to tighten security for the sake of my family. Locals where I police are making lots of threats, even encouraging people on social media to "shoot first if pulled over". I'm going to stick this out for a while. Hope any of you still protecting and serving will do the same. I'm still a warrior.
When you don't know what you're doing, it's best to do it quickly.
Chester Copperpot
South Carolina Preppers Network
South Carolina Preppers Network

Re: Tightening Security

Postby Blondie » Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:17 am

Having carried a badge in the day, I can understand the high anxiety. Seems like Open Season & guilt by association.

Out of curiosity I was reading Cleveland news. CPD who are no strangers to riots are re-thinking their RNC game plan. Best not to underestimate what you're up against.

Don't be a stranger. It can get awfully lonely.
Living In A Powder Keg & Giving Off Sparks
Blondie

Postby Illini Warrior » Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:54 am

Blondie wrote:Having carried a badge in the day, I can understand the high anxiety. Seems like Open Season & guilt by association.

Out of curiosity I was reading Cleveland news. CPD who are no strangers to riots are re-thinking their RNC game plan. Best not to underestimate what you're up against.

Don't be a stranger. It can get awfully lonely.

I've been wary of the whole GOP Convention plan - they are just planning on conventional protesting - activist groups like the BLM and the black gangs are coming equipped for violence - they have vowed violence from Second One - no pretense of non violent protesting - they shut down the convention NO MATTER WHAT - after seeing what one black did in Dallas ... can you imagine a squad of equipped black combat veterans sniping across the city along with IED traps? ....
Illini Warrior
Illini Warrior

Postby Blondie » Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:41 am

Cleveland news has The Right Reverend Sharpton canceling his planned demonstration. Based on how many people lost their nerve once the shooting began in Dallas, fear might thin the heard.

The good thing about Quicken Loans Arena is there isn't much retail in that area to destroy. So that will limit looting & burning. The bad thing is events are planned over several blocks. I mean like a dozen city blocks.

CPD has no tolerance. Like none. They had their own moment and the cops were cleared of any wrong doing. Bring in every alphabet soup agency and the best private ops folk Trump & Dan Gilbert can buy.

The convention will go on. I'll bet you some Chicago pierogi on it.
Living In A Powder Keg & Giving Off Sparks
Blondie

Postby Illini Warrior » Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:54 am

Blondie wrote:Cleveland news has The Right Reverend Sharpton canceling his planned demonstration. Based on how many people lost their nerve once the shooting began in Dallas, fear might thin the heard.

The good thing about Quicken Loans Arena is there isn't much retail in that area to destroy. So that will limit looting & burning. The bad thing is events are planned over several blocks. I mean like a dozen city blocks.

CPD has no tolerance. Like none. They had their own moment and the cops were cleared of any wrong doing. Bring in every alphabet soup agency and the best private ops folk Trump & Dan Gilbert can buy.

The convention will go on. I'll bet you some Chicago pierogi on it.

the problem is going to be with the delegates - the so called protesters see them as the incarnate devil's workers .... they are strung out at hotels all over the area - just because the permit says Quicken Loans Arena doesn't mean they won't be downtown at the Hilton and Radisson also ... if the violence goes sideways they'll be running a gauntlet of troublemakers just going to dinner ....
Illini Warrior
Illini Warrior

Postby anita » Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:13 am

I have seen news reports that there were (this is prior to the shooting of the police in Dallas) that 20,000 people had committed to protesting in Philly--just with one group. I saw an article this week that campgrounds in NJ are filling up. One campground said outside of holidays they are never full, but they are for the DNC convention. The campground is thinking of having tee-shirts made that say "Four Seasons for Bernie" (Four Seasons is the campground name.)

I think the DNC in Philly may actually have more protests, and more violent protests, than Cleveland for the RNC. It's far-left types and anarchists who will protest at both. If my son didn't live in Philly, I'd say pass the popcorn, but he does and I'm a little worried.
In honor of RebNavy: "Then call us Rebels if you will, we glory in the name, for bending under unjust laws and swearing faith to an unjust cause, we count as greater shame". Richmond Daily Dispatch May 12 1862

Semper Fi, Sic Semper Tyrannis, Remember The Alamo, and Aide'toi et Dieu T'aidera!
anita

Postby donba » Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:07 pm

I will not be in any big city during the conventions, with all the social media BS any big city could be dangerous.
donba

Postby PatrioticStabilist » Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:12 pm

I guess we are fortunate around here, never had race problems even in our closest city. DD and I went to the show, today, out to eat, to the mall. It seems the black males we encountered today were going out of their way to be courteous and polite. Maybe its always been that way here and I never noticed, but I did today. But then the ones we met were all olderso that could have something to do with it, no younger ones. I don't know, and its likely not a good cross sample from bigger cities with more issues.
PatrioticStabilist

Postby Illini Warrior » Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:12 am

anita wrote:I have seen news reports that there were (this is prior to the shooting of the police in Dallas) that 20,000 people had committed to protesting in Philly--just with one group. I saw an article this week that campgrounds in NJ are filling up. One campground said outside of holidays they are never full, but they are for the DNC convention. The campground is thinking of having tee-shirts made that say "Four Seasons for Bernie" (Four Seasons is the campground name.)

I think the DNC in Philly may actually have more protests, and more violent protests, than Cleveland for the RNC. It's far-left types and anarchists who will protest at both. If my son didn't live in Philly, I'd say pass the popcorn, but he does and I'm a little worried.

I think the GOP convention is going to more violent - the DNC protesting masses are looking like Bernie type supporters - they get violent against individual Trump supporters - doubt they have the BLM mindset against the cops ...

you got any links to that building Philly mess? .... my bro in law is heading to Allentown directly after the convention .... I warned him that the I80 interstate thru Cleveland might still be under riot control from the week prior ....
Illini Warrior
Illini Warrior

Postby Illini Warrior » Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:16 am

donba wrote:I will not be in any big city during the conventions, with all the social media BS any big city could be dangerous.

the way the latest protesting spread - any rioting will do exactly the same .... might not be able to even by-pass the cities .... I40 crossing the river from Memphis to Arkansas was closed for hours yesterday ....
Illini Warrior
Illini Warrior

Return to Law Enforcement Officers