• Advertisement

A message from Bethlehem ct

No matter what your faith is, everyone can use good thoughts and prayers from time to time. Post them here.

A message from Bethlehem ct

Postby bukeus » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:37 am

It has been a roller coaster of emotions this weekend. I am a father of 2, and husband to a beautiful teacher. Since I have no facebook or other social media logins I am here as a prep per to help vent. Dawn hochsprung was my mothers best friend. The shock is over and total grief has sent in. I knew dawn and she is everything and more what you are seeing on the news. She taught at Bethlehem for 6 years and ever one of our children in this school system are better for having had her. She was a tough cookie, which made her a favorite by the parents. Rachel davino was our neighbor living only 4 streets down. While helping orgAnizing the town vigil this weekend where I met her mother. I was totally taken off guard by running into her and just lost it emotionally. I am a grown man and supposed to be the strong one. But this tragedy just broke that too pieces. Our community is grieving and I can't even imagine our neighbors 14 miles away in newtown. I watched our president last nitty and my wife And I got in a heated argument over gun control. I cannot win.
She made good poits and with two small children preparing to go to school only 2 schools away from sandy hook I actually conceded to some of her views. But I thought about this all last night and I ask you use this point of view if you should get into this heated topic.. If we let the government take away the 2nd, then it is only a matter of time before they wil come after all of them. If they tell me what kind of guns I can own, then who is to say they will next tell me what religion is okay to practice, or what rights I can have depending on the crime? Or what press is allowed to report? Now is a time to mourn and grieve, but prepared to stand firm on our right to the 2nd amendment in the coming days, a heated battle is coming. We pray for you newtown ct. Your neighbor, Bethlehem.
bukeus

Re: A message from Bethlehem ct

Postby lorie » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:39 am

I'm very sorry for all the pain and grief you are going through. :(
lorie

Postby Jluck » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:04 am

Thoughts and prayers for you and all affected. Take care.
Jluck

Postby Bilbo » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:48 am

Thoughts and prayers to you as you deal with these very personal losses. I know how much it has been affecting me, and I'm not even personally involved.

As for the gun debate you will have in the coming days, I really wish there were some easy answers. I really wish it were black and white. For me, it's not. At all. I hope we can find some solutions that we can all live with, and that will help prevent future violence. Whether that involves improved mental health care and mental illness awareness and advocacy (a big failing in our society, as far as I've always been concerned), or some sort of compromise on the gun issue...I simply don't know what it is. But I feel your very raw pain and I share the same sort of helpless anger that so many of us in the country are feeling at this horrible turn of events.
Bilbo

Postby richardson66 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:04 am

So deeply sad that this atrocity has occured and can't even pretend to truly know how those involved and close feel. It is the kind of tragedy that makes even an old guy and gal, as far away as Texas, lay our heads on the pillow that night and realize that both of us are sobbing. As far as the gun issue. For years, the spouse has said, when bad stories from other places, countries are heard...the problem is, THEY don't have any weapons or protection. I admit, I never really got it. These days, I do. The reason that people are brutalized, ran over and often annihilated, IS because, they have had any rights to weapons, taken from them. Why do you think that people, have to stand by while their families are tortured or killed? They are helpless, they have been diminished to completely helpless. The people who want control, who believe and want you to believe they are acting for your good, by their rules, WILL have guns. The bad guys, always, WILL get guns. If we lose our constitutional right to bear arms, only the good will suffer the consequences. Our guns WILL someday, be the only chance for our survival. R66
richardson66

Postby anita » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:20 am

I'm very sorry for what your community is going through. I think everyone feels the horror, though those of us who aren't there can't imagine how awful it is. But we are all thinking about Newtown and those affected.

My husband and I had the gun control discussion as well, because while I've been slowly arming us, he's been a reluctant participant (although he did take an NRA shotgun class).

My response to him was, that if the government wants to control guns, take away semiautomatic weapons or whatever, then they should start with the criminals and mentally ill. After they can guarantee they have ALL the guns from those folks, we'll talk about taking them from law-abiding citizens.

I do think this behooves all of us with weapons in our homes to make sure that they are well-secured.
anita

Postby arkieready » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:41 pm

Our 4 liberties are all under siege.

The ammo box

The soap box

The jury box

The ballot box

If we lose one, we will lose them all. I'm tired of losing.
P!

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: “The one who is unwilling to work shall not eat.”
2 Thessalonians 3:10
arkieready
Arkansas Preppers Network
Arkansas Preppers Network

Postby cityhomesteader » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:23 pm

were are in New Haven County...My daughter is a teacher and her students are all very tiny... It hit home very hard and we all still just break down crying here... Right up the road from our house some insane Guy killed 20 little kids and the wonderful people that gave their lives away trying to stop him...I was posting like a mad man trying to let people know as soon as I found out more..I went sort of berserk in my grief.. I've calmed down and I'm more deeply prayerful and so very very sad..I fear this is just the beginning and I see clearly what it is... there is spiritual darkness ..enough about that though.. What is important is Those poor families that lost there children young and old, friends and family. My heart is just broken for you... My prayers are non-stop even in our sleep my wife and I wake up in nightmare and pray for you all...
Cityhomesteader
16 This is what the LORD says:
“Stand at the crossroads and look; ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls. Jeremiah 6"
http://www.ConnecticutPreppersNetwork.net
cityhomesteader
Connecticut State Moderator
Connecticut State Moderator

Return to Prayer Requests