• Advertisement

NC Forum Camping Trip

Post North Carolina Meetups and Events Here

Moderator: maustypsu

Re: NC Forum Camping Trip

Postby Alaska Rose » Thu May 06, 2010 2:17 am

Awww, just come on up to my yard, only a few crazies and we all live here.
https://www.createspace.com/4043866
Don't Use A Chainsaw In The Kitchen (Volume 1)
How-To and Cookbook. Butchering, gardening, baking, canning, building a trapper cabin and short autobiography all in one.
https://www.createspace.com/4910851 ....And Then You Die - autobiography
Image Image
Alaska Rose
Alaska Preppers Network
Alaska Preppers Network

Postby Whisper » Thu May 06, 2010 7:51 pm

Alaska Rose wrote:Awww, just come on up to my yard, only a few crazies and we all live here.

Yeah but we are planning to camp in NC without that white stuff and you are suppose to come. It would be terrible of us to go to your house and leave you out in the NC wilderness alone. :shock: No, we just do that. We will camp WITH you here! We Insist! Right MtM! Image
Survival Shelters and Retreats - viewforum.php?f=172Image BOB's & BOV's - viewforum.php?f=170 Image
NC Forum - http://www.NorthCarolinaPreppersNetwork.net"
Whisper
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Vina8 » Thu May 06, 2010 8:10 pm

Whisper wrote:
Alaska Rose wrote:Awww, just come on up to my yard, only a few crazies and we all live here.

Yeah but we are planning to camp in NC without that white stuff and you are suppose to come. It would be terrible of us to go to your house and leave you out in the NC wilderness alone. :shock: No, we just do that. We will camp WITH you here! We Insist! Right MtM! Image

:wave:
Yep, we need Alaska Rose down here to "camp" with us! Image Now, if we can just find a place to have this little "sleep-over" without a bunch of noisy city-slickers and zombies (and ticks and snakes!)
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Vina8
North Carolina Preppers Network

Postby maustypsu » Thu May 06, 2010 9:06 pm

No, I'm relatively new to the state too. I belong to a hunt club where we could get away from the noise but it isn't really 'out in nature'.
maustypsu
North Carolina State Moderator
North Carolina State Moderator

Postby Alaska Rose » Fri May 07, 2010 1:47 am

By the middle of June, we shouldn't have any white stuff laying around and we will have 24 hours of daylight until August, so no lights needed, LOL. I think I would melt down there, LOL. We also don't have ticks or snakes. Can shoot guns pretty much anywhere, and few people that would even know or care there were lots of folks staying here. A perfect place to hold a get together. I'm a pretty good cook, too.
How-To and Cookbook. Butchering, gardening, baking, canning, building a trapper cabin and short autobiography all in one.
Image Image
Alaska Rose
Alaska Preppers Network
Alaska Preppers Network

Postby Vina8 » Fri May 07, 2010 8:45 am

Alaska Rose wrote:By the middle of June, we shouldn't have any white stuff laying around and we will have 24 hours of daylight until August, so no lights needed, LOL. I think I would melt down there, LOL. We also don't have ticks or snakes. Can shoot guns pretty much anywhere, and few people that would even know or care there were lots of folks staying here. A perfect place to hold a get together. I'm a pretty good cook, too.

You are making it sound more and more attractive, Rose!
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Vina8

Postby Whisper » Fri May 07, 2010 6:21 pm

MountainMama wrote:
Alaska Rose wrote:By the middle of June, we shouldn't have any white stuff laying around and we will have 24 hours of daylight until August, so no lights needed, LOL. I think I would melt down there, LOL. We also don't have ticks or snakes. Can shoot guns pretty much anywhere, and few people that would even know or care there were lots of folks staying here. A perfect place to hold a get together. I'm a pretty good cook, too.

Ditto, Now if you can just send us the plane tickets. :clap: :gunsmile: :gunshooting:
Survival Shelters and Retreats - viewforum.php?f=172Image BOB's & BOV's - viewforum.php?f=170 Image
Whisper
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Vina8 » Fri May 07, 2010 6:38 pm

Whisper wrote:
MountainMama wrote:

Ditto, Now if you can just send us the plane tickets. :clap: :gunsmile: :gunshooting:

No, road trip, road trip!!
Vina8

Postby Whisper » Fri May 07, 2010 7:18 pm

MountainMama wrote:No, road trip, road trip!!

Nope, Plane trip! I have a job again! Image
Whisper
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Alaska Rose » Sat May 08, 2010 1:28 am

Going to have to flap your arms pretty fast to make the distance flying....
Image Image
Alaska Rose
Alaska Preppers Network
Alaska Preppers Network

Postby Whisper » Sat May 08, 2010 8:46 am

Alaska Rose wrote:Going to have to flap your arms pretty fast to make the distance flying....

Whisper
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Zombie Axe » Sun May 09, 2010 9:46 pm

Yeah we could drive out there and camp along the way... Call it the NC tour de force :gunsmile:
Zombie Axe
North Carolina A.N.T.S. Member
North Carolina A.N.T.S. Member

Postby Whisper » Sun May 09, 2010 9:59 pm

Zombie Axe wrote:Yeah we could drive out there and camp along the way... Call it the NC tour de force :gunsmile:

:rofl: I like that!
Whisper
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby axeslinger » Mon May 10, 2010 12:22 pm

Signed up today just to try and help you answer your questions!

But first I have some questions for you...
What style of camping are you looking to do? Backpacking, car camping or Glamping (aka Glamorized Camping, aka RVing). I know several good areas depending on what your after. If backpacking, I know of some AMAZING areas!

What about water/hydration? Is a clean safe water supply necessary or will the group have the ability to filter water, etc. What about bathing...if backpacking, obviously a dip in a stream will work, but there are some state parks that have showers, etc.
Does the gang plan on partaking in, er, some adult beverages around the campfire at night?

Lemme know and I'll try and offer some insight.
axeslinger

Postby Vina8 » Mon May 10, 2010 2:07 pm

axeslinger wrote:Signed up today just to try and help you answer your questions!

But first I have some questions for you...
What style of camping are you looking to do? Backpacking, car camping or Glamping (aka Glamorized Camping, aka RVing). I know several good areas depending on what your after. If backpacking, I know of some AMAZING areas!

What about water/hydration? Is a clean safe water supply necessary or will the group have the ability to filter water, etc. What about bathing...if backpacking, obviously a dip in a stream will work, but there are some state parks that have showers, etc.
Does the gang plan on partaking in, er, some adult beverages around the campfire at night?

Lemme know and I'll try and offer some insight.

Welcome, Axeslinger. This whole thread was worth it just to get you to join us!

We seem to be looking for a campsite that we can drive to rather than backpack on this trip. It will be for only 1 night on June 19 so are not concerned having the amenities. We will bring the water we will use and tent camp. I will trade a picnic table, showers, and bar-b-que grill for a quiet, isolated campsite. My husband and I have done a lot of camping in the national forests in Arizona. I really don't want to go if we have to deal with a bunch of noisy, rowdy gangs of people. Views would be great and cleared, fairly flat places to pitch tents. So far only 3 or 4 NC preppers have expressed interest. I would love to have more join us. So far the only members who have discussed this are in the Raleigh to Hickory areas. We have discussed some various locations on earlier posts on this thread, but haven't yet really found a place that makes it worth the trouble--except for maybe Alaska Rose's 80 acres up in Alaska! :D We would love to have your suggestions. Let us know if you have any other questions. I hope you can join us.
Vina8

PreviousNext

Return to North Carolina Meetups