• Advertisement

Craven, Carteret, Jones, Lenoir, Pamlico, Onslow Counties

Please introduce yourself here.

Moderator: maustypsu

Craven, Carteret, Jones, Lenoir, Pamlico, Onslow Counties

Postby storm327 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:14 am

I would like to start a prepper group for the following Counties:

Craven, Carteret, Jones, Lenoir, Pamlico, and Onslow Counties

We Would need meeting places in all of those counties, so as to help people with travel

My thoughts are for training on getting prepared from the basics to the advanced.

I can get us a meeting place at the library in Craven County to kick things off. I wanted to see if there was any interest in getting a
group organized first.

At the first meeting we could discuss leaders for each county and get an idea of what training we can get for free or low cost

We could also discuss where the monthly meetings would be held so that we can get a schedule together and set agendas for training
as well as exercises

If this is something you would be interested in, then please reply to this message or contact me privately.

Thanks

Storm
storm327

Re: Craven, Carteret, Jones, Lenoir, Pamlico, Onslow Countie

Postby rebnavy1862 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:41 am

Welcome to the forum from Virginia. I was born in Pamlico county, most of my family is from there.

Groups are very hard to organize and to keep going. Oriondarkwood tried to do it in your general area a few years ago. I believe he gave up last year. You can use the forum's search engine to find Oriondarkwood and use the PM function to contact him.

Good luck in your endeavor.

Reb
"Then call us Rebels if you will, we glory in the name, for bending under unjust laws and swearing faith to an unjust cause, we count as greater shame". Richmond Daily Dispatch May 12 1862

Semper Fi, Sic Semper Tyrannis, Remember The Alamo, and Aide'toi et Dieu T'aidera!
rebnavy1862
Virginia Preppers Network

Postby rebnavy1862 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:47 am

Storm, I just used the advanced search on the bottom left of the home page. I chose "author". Oriondarkwood came up.
Reb
"Then call us Rebels if you will, we glory in the name, for bending under unjust laws and swearing faith to an unjust cause, we count as greater shame". Richmond Daily Dispatch May 12 1862

Semper Fi, Sic Semper Tyrannis, Remember The Alamo, and Aide'toi et Dieu T'aidera!
rebnavy1862

Postby OrionDarkwood » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:42 pm

Storm,

Reb is correct I disbanded the Eastern NC Preppers about a year and a half ago for various reasons. The major ones being the usual death of groups. No one stepping up to help, general lack of committment, people backstabbing you to make themselves look better the usual. My best advice is to hang out with groups at your local Ag Extension. I have had a fair amount of success. Also working in the community to raise awareness helps to. Tell people that its not about the big things but having supplies on hand for the next Hurricane Matthew or snowstorm. Lastly as far as groups this group seems to be the only game in town. I don't know much about them - http://carolinapreppersnetwork.com/

Good luck

-Orion
OrionDarkwood

Postby havelockgomer » Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:02 pm

I don't know if anyone still follows these posts.

I was in the original meeting of the attempted group in New Bern.

We (My wife and myself) never came back after the first meeting because no one was willing to work with one another.

There was lots of talk at the meeting about training but everyone was too scared to share themselves with the group and break the rule of not letting other know of your preps.

It was clear that there were many that had skills and some seemed eager to share but it was clear that everyone treated everyone as possible invades if stuff went bad.

I don't know if its possible to regroup but I would be willing to try as I see no groups in the ENC area now.

Best wishes,

Havelock Gomer
havelockgomer

Return to Check In Here North Carolina Preppers