• Advertisement

NC preppers soundoff!!!

Please introduce yourself here.

Moderator: maustypsu

Re: NC preppers soundoff!!!

Postby Westies » Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:24 am

Hey All,

I came across something yesterday and I wanted to share it with you. As per NC gun laws (dates Dec 2011) it states that in the event that a local, county, or the state calls a " State of Emergency" that it is Illegal to to leave your premise with a firearm, ammo, or to buy and sell firearms and ammo even if you have a permit to carry. Well as I was saying I came across a lawsuit that was file against that law. A Senior United States District Judge by the name Malcolm J Howard

"CONCLUSION"
For the foregoing reasons, the court GRANTS plaintiffs' motion for summary judgment [DE #44] and hereby DECLARES N. C. Gen. Stat. §§ 14-288.7, 14-288.12{b), 14-288.13{b), 14-288.14{a) and 14-288.15{d) unconstitutional as applied to plaintiffs.

The court DENIES defendants' motion to dismiss or, in the alternative, for summary judgment [DE #52]. The clerk is directed to close this case. This 29th day of March 2012.

So what this is saying is that the State of NC lost their case. Take a look at www.handgunlaw.com under NC

Have a wonderful day!

Westies
Westies

Postby maustypsu » Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:03 pm

Yes, this is a huge victory for liberty.

I had not previously planned to bug out unarmed. Now I just won't be breaking any laws if I have to do so. Taking away the right of citizens to protect themselves during times when they were most likely to do so was beyond ironic - more like irrational.

I am NOT an NRA basher. But if you are considering making a donation to an organization that is making significant strides to defend your 2nd Amendment rights I think you should consider at least one organization beyond the NRA. That is the Second Amendment Foundation (SAF). They aren't lobbying. They are fighting court battles - and winning!!!

They are on a roll and have several recent victories that were major wins for liberty. Take a look at their work in Illinois, Massachusetts and Maryland - three of the most restrictive states in the country. I'm not too familiar with it yet but they also have a lawsuit pending in The Peoples' Republic of California.
maustypsu
North Carolina State Moderator
North Carolina State Moderator

Postby Vina8 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:28 pm

Thanks for the info, Westies.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Vina8
North Carolina Preppers Network

Postby DiverDwn » Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:08 pm

Westies wrote:Hey All,

I came across something yesterday and I wanted to share it with you. As per NC gun laws (dates Dec 2011) it states that in the event that a local, county, or the state calls a " State of Emergency" that it is Illegal to to leave your premise with a firearm, ammo, or to buy and sell firearms and ammo even if you have a permit to carry. Well as I was saying I came across a lawsuit that was file against that law. A Senior United States District Judge by the name Malcolm J Howard

"CONCLUSION"
For the foregoing reasons, the court GRANTS plaintiffs' motion for summary judgment [DE #44] and hereby DECLARES N. C. Gen. Stat. §§ 14-288.7, 14-288.12{b), 14-288.13{b), 14-288.14{a) and 14-288.15{d) unconstitutional as applied to plaintiffs.

The court DENIES defendants' motion to dismiss or, in the alternative, for summary judgment [DE #52]. The clerk is directed to close this case. This 29th day of March 2012.

So what this is saying is that the State of NC lost their case. Take a look at http://www.handgunlaw.com under NC

Have a wonderful day!

Westies

Your link is dead, and the NCGS site has not changed to show those laws repealed as of yet. EG: http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/EnactedLegi ... 88.15.html

That all came from Bev Perdue, by the way. She's a liberal Democrat and, surprisre, wanted to be able to declare a state of emergency and restrict your Constitutional freedoms. And people in her party sit around with their finger up their nose and thinks she's just awesome. Her poll numbers told her to drop our of the next race. She knows she's toast.

For your general information, when you mention a case, it is best to cite it. The case you are talking about is Bateman v. Perdue, (E.D.N.C., Mar 29, 2012). For those of us who can look it up, the case number is 5:10-CV-265-H http://ia600501.us.archive.org/7/items/ ... 8.87.0.pdf

Judge Howard is a West Point grad appointed by Reagan and is considered very fair, even by liberals. You know he is going to come down on the side of the Constitution, he has a Purple Heart and a Bronze Star with a V.
DiverDwn

Postby RobinD69 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:22 pm

Here I am in Gaston about 5 miles from the Virginia line and about 8 miles west of I95.
RobinD69

Postby wildweeds » Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:21 pm

Just came across this. I live in Fayettevills and can't find anyone in my area. :bored:
wildweeds

Postby ajax727 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:14 pm

Hi and welcome , this is a great place with people who have an expanded knowledge on many topics . If you have a question just ask or if you have an answer just post it . There are a few people around your area , I am only about 30 miles east .....
To see things as they are not as they want you to see them .. With the stroke of a pen all you rights and freedom can end ...
ajax727

Postby ducku66 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:24 pm

Just joined last week, looking for others like us in the Mocksville area.
ducku66

Postby OrionDarkwood » Fri May 01, 2015 7:14 am

wildweeds wrote:Just came across this. I live in Fayettevills and can't find anyone in my area. :bored:

I am in your area (well Sampson Co) and I know a few prepppers in and around Fayetteville. Acutally there is a meetup later this month if you want to come - viewtopic.php?f=157&t=50901

-Orion
OrionDarkwood

Postby tosimple4 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:05 am

I'm new here and live in Rocky Point just north of Wilmington. :wave:
tosimple4

Postby founderant » Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:49 pm

Hello tosimple, welcome to the forum. The boards have been a little slow lately, so I just wanted to say hey.
Americans Networking To Survive
http://www.americansnetworkingtosurvive.org/
founderant
A.N.T.S. Founder
A.N.T.S. Founder

Postby meckardt » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:16 pm

tosimple4 wrote:I'm new here and live in Rocky Point just north of Wilmington. :wave:

Hey tosimple4, welcome to the forum! Although you might not know it from the forum activity, there are quite a few Prepper types here in NC (I'm up in the Triangle area). Hope you enjoy your visit.
When the SHTF,
life is going to change.
Are you ready?
meckardt

Postby OrionDarkwood » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:09 am

tosimple4 wrote:I'm new here and live in Rocky Point just north of Wilmington. :wave:

Welcome from Samspon Co. So what brings you to this site?

-Orion
OrionDarkwood

Postby Worst-Case-Rob » Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:56 pm

Gaston County
Worst-Case-Rob

Postby Highwwindingtrail » Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:26 pm

maustypsu wrote:
mj1angier wrote:Hi group!
Living just south of Raleigh. Hobbies are : Hunting, fishing, beekeeping, canning, reloading, Ham Radio- KJ4RZT.
Hope to learn and tech something new all the time.

Mickey

New member from the same area.

I'm just north of Raleigh. Hobbies: hunt, hunt, hunt, ... pretty much hunt when I'm not playing with my two year old or working. I'm actually hoping to make myself a little urban garden this year. if you would be willing to walk me through canning for the first time I'd offer you and your family dinner. Might be a nice meet up. But be careful, I might ask you to reload some .222 Rem Mag brass since they don't make ammo for it any more... :rofl:

maustypsu, I'm in your area. I live near Grissom. Would like to talk with you
Highwwindingtrail

PreviousNext

Return to Check In Here North Carolina Preppers