• Advertisement

North Carolina Preppers Roll Call 11/26

Please introduce yourself here.

Moderator: maustypsu

North Carolina Preppers Roll Call 11/26

Postby North Idaho Patriot » Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:02 am

North Carolina Preppers, Check in and let us know what you've been doing lately to prep.
North Idaho Patriot
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: North Carolina Preppers Roll Call 11/26

Postby mj1angier » Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:29 am

Still working on getting things ready for the hard times to come. always adding food, supplies, guns.... Been doing some hunting to add meat to the canning process, making jerky and sausage, made a another trip to the LDS cannery in Greensboro, got together with a group in Oct. for some training/ good times/ camping, took a trip to New Hampshire ( Live free or die!!) great state but the snow would be tough!
mj1angier

Postby jnpg » Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:44 pm

Just joined. Some things that I have been doing.... buying property and looking to build a house with an eye for possible 'off the grid' future. Ants in our pants to get the house done. Buying clothes from Black Friday- trying to get each member of the family 2 pairs of new jeans for the next 3 years. Also feeling that the time is right to spend our hard-earned dollarz as they will not buy much in the near future....
jnpg

Postby founderant » Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:59 pm

Working on the house trying to make any needed repairs before the first of the year. I think the new year out look is a toss up at this point, but I am going to think positive.
Americans Networking To Survive
http://www.americansnetworkingtosurvive.org/
founderant
A.N.T.S. Founder
A.N.T.S. Founder

Postby Whisper » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:21 pm

I've been busy getting the house ready for winter. Come spring I have to hit the repairs hard. Hopefully I can get them on the market before the SHTF.
Whisper
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Donna » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:20 am

Just checking in to say HI - :wave:
Finally have my voice back so I'm back on the radio and back to working like a fiend!
Gotta get organized again after being knocked down for several weeks!

Hope to schedule some time to spend here.... I miss y'all!
Best Blessings and enJOY the journey!
Joseph & Donna Miller
http://www.MillersGrainHouse.com/store & http://www.PREPAREMag.com
Donna

Postby Vina8 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:36 pm

DH and I just returned tonight from spending a week with my folks. I brought back a large bag of Pink Lady apples my dad saved for me. Their orchard is closed for the season. Dad gave DH two big barrels that they cut in half to bring home with us. Dad told DH how to use them to plant blueberries and what varieties are good. We have the perfect place for them in an area with soil that sucks and is full of tree roots. Tomorrow we will get back to splitting and stacking wood. We bought pulleys and rope to haul some good size logs up a steep slope where they fell when they were cut down recently. I am also anxious to check to see how our winter garden has done since we left and it turned cold.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Vina8
North Carolina Preppers Network

Postby Donna » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:39 am

Glad you're back V8!
Hope all is well with your garden, I'm sure it is!
Hope we can get together soon!
Best Blessings and enJOY the journey!
Joseph & Donna Miller
http://www.MillersGrainHouse.com/store & http://www.PREPAREMag.com
Donna

Postby pnutcrushr » Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:25 pm

Still stocking up on food and supplies. Learning new skills like gardening in summer AND winter, taking care of egg laying chickens, butchering meat chickens, making bread from scratch with freshly ground whole wheat, making yogurt, reading up on making some easy solar energy and windmills. Want to get another gun or two and more ammo. Getting the kerosene heater ready for the power outages along with water storage and filtering. Lots to do but were getting there!
pnutcrushr

Postby Whisper » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:04 pm

Hey pnutcrushr how have you been. The gun show is coming up in Jan or Feb.
Whisper
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby maustypsu » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:49 pm

This weekend I bought some wheat and hush puppy mix in #10 cans for storage and I harvest a deer for free meat.
maustypsu
North Carolina State Moderator
North Carolina State Moderator

Postby Vina8 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:37 pm

Wow, pnutcrushr, you are really getting things done. It is good to hear from you. Glad you got a deer, Mausty.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Vina8

Postby Tribeless » Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:16 pm

Preparing my house for tough times. Getting all the needed repairs done, added insulation, new roof, etc. Storing beans, bullets, bandaids. Brother and I wand to buy a hidey hole ... Looking and saving our pennies.
One cool thing I built is a traditional wood fired oven. I cook in it all of the time ... And cook everything one can imagine.
Some of the best food I've ever eaten has come from this oven! Great practice, too! (learning to use all of my new Lodge cast iron pieces)
Learning to cook bread from scratch, gardening, researching all of the time!
There is still plenty to learn and do!
I'm a single female, so I'm getting a lot of raised eyebrows from those who are clueless as to why Im learning to can, etc. I'm trying to do all of this in stealth mode!
Best to all!
:)
For oven DIY plans check out: www.traditionaloven.com
Tribeless

Postby Vina8 » Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:36 pm

Tribeless wrote:Preparing my house for tough times. Getting all the needed repairs done, added insulation, new roof, etc. Storing beans, bullets, bandaids. Brother and I wand to buy a hidey hole ... Looking and saving our pennies.
One cool thing I built is a traditional wood fired oven. I cook in it all of the time ... And cook everything one can imagine.
Some of the best food I've ever eaten has come from this oven! Great practice, too! (learning to use all of my new Lodge cast iron pieces)

Learning to cook bread from scratch, gardening, researching all of the time!
There is still plenty to learn and do!
I'm a single female, so I'm getting a lot of raised eyebrows from those who are clueless as to why Im learning to can, etc. I'm trying to do all of this in stealth mode!
Best to all!
:)
For oven DIY plans check out: http://www.traditionaloven.com

I am glad to learn that you have done this successfully. Building a wood-burning oven outside is our next big project. We have been collecting and reviewing plans. Any details and pictures you can provide would be very helpful. What materials did you use, plans, how much did it cost you, size, etc.? We have an unlimited wood supply and bake all of our own bread from wheat we grind ourselves. We figure if nothing else, it will save us from heating the house up in the summer using the electric oven. We have a wide collection of Lodge cast iron in just about every size skillet and dutch oven that they make. :crazy: My husband collects it, and unfortunately, we drive by the two Lodge factory outlet stores in Tennessee whenever we drive to see my parents.
Vina8

Postby Whisper » Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:05 pm

Welcome to the forum Tribeless. Sounds like you are way ahead of the curve. We're glad that you joined. Thanks for the great link!
Whisper
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Next

Return to Check In Here North Carolina Preppers