• Advertisement

Report and Pictures: Whole Grain Retreat in NC

General Discussions for North Carolina Preppers

Moderator: maustypsu

Re: Report and Pictures: Whole Grain Retreat in NC

Postby Lynette » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:51 pm

Vina8 & Donna,
You guys are great! Vina8, sorry about me blabbing about the new blog... I didn't even think about the "rules" (so so sorry) about posting stuff like that... I get so excited and just blab it out! I will refrain and only use it in my signature line. Remove it if you need to.

I need to come visit you so I can learn to make soap. That's the next project.

Thanks for the encouragement!
YouTube: YouTube.com/preppingonabudget
Lynette

Postby Vina8 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:47 am

Lynette wrote:Vina8 & Donna,
You guys are great! Vina8, sorry about me blabbing about the new blog... I didn't even think about the "rules" (so so sorry) about posting stuff like that... I get so excited and just blab it out! I will refrain and only use it in my signature line. Remove it if you need to.

I need to come visit you so I can learn to make soap. That's the next project.

Thanks for the encouragement!

Silly girl! I wasn't chastising your post. As long as your blog is not a "commercial" venture, you are welcome to write about it and put the link in your signature line. I just wanted to make sure you knew to put it the signature line so people would see it and check it out. If it turns into a commercial venture like Donna's, you can become a "sponsor" for $5 a month. Don't worry, you're legal. :)

My daughter and husband spent a couple of days last week making soap for her to take back for her staff and friends as gifts. Hubby is the expert on bar soap. I make laundry detergent and will soon be trying shampoo. Come up next weekend for the camp-out and we can talk about it! You and your husband are also welcome to come and spend the night with us whenever it is convenient.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Vina8
North Carolina Preppers Network

Postby Lynette » Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:12 pm

You are so nice! I found an old hubcap in the barn yesterday off an old V8 vehicle... looks kinda like your avatar picture actually, lol.

Hubby just started a new job in order to get off being over-the-road. Luckily now he's only gone a few nites a week, not weeks at a time. Being home is a new concept for us.. we're still trying to get used to it. We're more accustomed (sp????) to living in the cab of an 18-wheeler than a house! Sad, itsn't it? We are trying to hard to get settled into our community, we would love to come up and visit. I think we're going to miss the camping retreat... dang it! but he will be working and I have to make a short trip to Charlotte.

Have a great day!
Lynette
YouTube: YouTube.com/preppingonabudget
Lynette

Postby Vina8 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:30 pm

Lynette wrote:You are so nice! I found an old hubcap in the barn yesterday off an old V8 vehicle... looks kinda like your avatar picture actually, lol.

Hubby just started a new job in order to get off being over-the-road. Luckily now he's only gone a few nites a week, not weeks at a time. Being home is a new concept for us.. we're still trying to get used to it. We're more accustomed (sp????) to living in the cab of an 18-wheeler than a house! Sad, itsn't it? We are trying to hard to get settled into our community, we would love to come up and visit. I think we're going to miss the camping retreat... dang it! but he will be working and I have to make a short trip to Charlotte.

Have a great day!
Lynette

I think the original picture of my avatar was a picture of hubcap! May be the same. Cool.

I will miss you next weekend, but understand. Let me know when you get more settled, and we can get together.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Vina8

Postby Donna » Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:51 am

I bet there's another post I should ask this on...but....
V8 - will there be more NC scheduled get-togethers?

Planning our calendar and such - we'd love to come to something!!!

Lynette!
I'm hopeing to do a 'talk/class' some time in August in SC ... maybe we can meet up again! Sounds like you have a lot going on toward your prepping!! Keep it up! There's a tad bit more room at a house than the back of a cab... (o: ...so I'm sure you'll enjoy it!
Best Blessings and enJOY the journey!
Joseph & Donna Miller
http://www.MillersGrainHouse.com/store & http://www.PREPAREMag.com
Donna

Postby Vina8 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:45 am

Donna wrote:I bet there's another post I should ask this on...but....
V8 - will there be more NC scheduled get-togethers?

Planning our calendar and such - we'd love to come to something!!!

We don't have anything planned as of right now. It has been kind of difficult just to get the four of us (and families) together who are attending, so we will see how this goes. If you have any ideas for meet-ups let us know. Anyone can propose something, and I would appreciate any ideas.
Vina8

Previous

Return to North Carolina Discussion, News and Weather