• Advertisement

Entertainment Corner

General Discussions for North Carolina Preppers

Moderator: maustypsu

Entertainment Corner

Postby Vina8 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:56 pm

What do you guys do for entertainment around here (NC)? I assume it is not all prepping. We don't eat out nearly as much as we used to.

We watched Ron Hood's videos this week on bronze-making and metal casting. My husband is interested in trying it. :rolleyes: I am sure it would be helpful if TSHTF.

Now, what about you?
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Vina8
North Carolina Preppers Network

Re: Entertainment Corner

Postby samme98 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:44 am

We never eat out. Haven't in years, My husband said it's a waste of money. He said the food doesn't taste as good as my home cooking. As far as entertainment, We keep busy around here working, reading, computer, I really don't have time for much more than canning, sewing, quilting, cleaning, animals to care for,I do watch some Tv in the evening. I just can't set still to long at a time. Our back yard is our shooting range. My husband make sure we all know how to handle guns. We call him the general. (LOL) I turned my dinner room into green house/sewing room/office. The kitchen dinning room is huge. I have a big island bar where we set and eat. That room is our entertainment. There really is a lot going on there, the heart of our home.
samme98

Postby CWS » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:48 pm

We go out to eat occasionally, but most of my "entertainment" revolves around trying to learn as much as I can from you guys (and other prep sites on the NET). I also play some music once in a while, and bike ride for relaxation and to stay in shape. Once the weather turns, there are some spectacular areas to visit around Lenoir, Blowing Rock, and Linville. Table Rock is one of my favorite places, and across the gorge, is Weisman's View. If you are up for serious hiking, Linville Gorge is good. (Now I've talked myself into planning a trip there soon :) )
CWS

Postby Empress » Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:26 pm

We go out for the food I don't cook, or takes to long to prep. like Korean food. LOVE IT, but to make?!?!? I don't have that kind of time. (or maybe I need better knife skills)
~~,~'~@ @~~,~'~@ @~~,~'~
{Empress of the Known Universe}
~~,~'~@ @~~,~'~@ @~~,~'~
P!
Empress

Postby Vina8 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:04 pm

We stopped for Thai food yesterday which is one of our favorites. We sometimes make green curry with coconut milk, but it was nice to try a new restaurant.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Vina8

Postby Whisper » Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:16 pm

Cow Tipping anyone? :evil:
Whisper
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Vina8 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:16 pm

We could pop some corn and play some monopoly, cards, or some Wii games. :) When it gets warm, we sit out on the porch and watch the lightening bugs and listen to the whippoorwills.
Vina8

Postby Zombie Axe » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:58 pm

Mainly work and try and keep things functional on the homestead.

For fun I love photography and it is one of my favorite hobbies. I really need to invest in a good macro lens to shoot some of the things I want to.

I love my computer time, which involves a BUNCH of reading, maybe tweaking photos, downloading podcasts/listening to podcasts. I play video games, but mainly at my daughters request...

I do like to shoot lead but even with a backyard range (100 yards) I find it hard to with my work schedule.

Gardening is another favorite...

Taking a hike around the woods is always a plus with the Sheps and family in tow, but also solo...
Zombie Axe
North Carolina A.N.T.S. Member
North Carolina A.N.T.S. Member

Postby Shelli » Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:44 pm

Fun? hmmmm - well, I crochet, does that count? My kids love to play - sometimes I play with them. My world revolves around raising kids right now, so their fun is my fun :)
Yes, I'm wordy. No, I can't change. ;)
Please visit my blog at http://www.OneChristianMom.blogspot.com
Shelli

Postby Vina8 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:16 am

I remember those days, Shelli. From your posts I know you appreciate these times. They grow so fast and the time with them seems like a blur before they grow up.
Vina8

Postby MrDanB » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:57 am

I enjoy gardening, working on my hot rods, taking a weekend trip now and then, though prepping has now become my primary focus. I still have a ways to go before I will feel "done". I actually enjoy staying busy. It keeps my mind occupied and I don't think about work... I watch a bit of TV to escape, but not much. I spend time on the computer or in the garage tinkering on projects too. Work and sleep seem to take up the biggest chunks of time though...
"If you can't see the bright side of life... Try polishing the dull side" :)

You may NOT use any of my published content in any format for any reason without my express written consent!
MrDanB
Washington State Moderator
Washington State Moderator

Return to North Carolina Discussion, News and Weather