• Advertisement

NC gunshows...

General Discussions for North Carolina Preppers

Moderator: maustypsu

Re: NC gunshows...

Postby Vina8 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:11 pm

You did good, kid! A lot to choose from. Thanks.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Vina8
North Carolina Preppers Network

Postby Whisper » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:17 pm

MountainMama wrote:You did good, kid! A lot to choose from. Thanks.

:D I haven't been called kid in a good long time. Thanks! :thumbsup:
Whisper
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Tycer » Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:42 am

The Hickory shows are good. As usual, most of the vendors are too proud of their wares, but private deals are good there. The Asheville shows are fair, but the private deals are also a bit pricy.
May the Blessings of Heaven rest upon us and every moral and social virtue cement us.

www.chrismartenson.com www.fairtax.org www.goooh.org www.guntalk.tv
Tycer

Postby Whisper » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:07 pm

I have to get to one of these this year. I'm just so darn busy right now!
Whisper
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby woodsstalker » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:06 pm

Did anything ever come of this idea? Did any of you ever get together at a gun show? Just curious as I think this is one of the better ideas I have seen in a long time and would be willing to participate. Most of these gun shows have an area in which you can buy a hot dog or burger and drinks and have tables set up. Good place to sit and discuss ideas, plans and concerns.
If the grass on the other side of the mountain is starting to look greener maybe it's time you fertilized your own grass.

Blessed be the Lord, my strength, which teacheth my hands to war and my fingers to fight- Psalm 144:1
woodsstalker

Postby woodsstalker » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:10 pm

Listing of the gun show for the remainder of this year:

http://www.gunshowminute.com/nc/#AUG
If the grass on the other side of the mountain is starting to look greener maybe it's time you fertilized your own grass.

Blessed be the Lord, my strength, which teacheth my hands to war and my fingers to fight- Psalm 144:1
woodsstalker

Postby Whisper » Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:46 pm

I may go to one the the Winston-Salem ones. More then likely, I am going to the Greensboro one.
Whisper
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby woodsstalker » Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:58 pm

There's a gun show in Winston-Salem this week end. Let me know if anyone else would like to attend.

Jul. 31 9-5
Aug. 1 10-5

LJVM Coliseum
Winston-Salem Entertainment-Sports Complex
2825 University Pkwy

Admission $7, children 12 & under free with adult.

woodsstalker

Postby Whisper » Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:38 pm

I may go but I won't know for sure until later in the week, maybe as late as Friday.
Whisper
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby woodsstalker » Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:57 pm

Anybody else? Post which day would be best for you and then we can decide on a plan.

Whisper - I will try to check the forum Fri nite.

woodsstalker

Postby maustypsu » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:25 pm

PM me if you guys work something out that a few members are there. I might be able to make one of those days. My hunt club was trying to plan a work day and I am out of town next weekend. But if it works out, I'll try to meet up.
maustypsu
North Carolina State Moderator
North Carolina State Moderator

Postby Whisper » Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:16 pm

Sorry guys, I can't make it. Wife had some surgery this week and I can't make it. I have to take care of her and the dogs! I expected her to be getting around better by now.
Whisper
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby cheylynn » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:59 am

There's a gun show in Fayetteville this coming weekend 2/5/11-02/6/11. C&E Gun shows. I've been to two of these there. Pretty good turn out. I got an amazing deal at the first one on my pistol. We've found things we were looking for at both shows for reasonable prices.
Not sure if I'll make it to this one or not, we've been in revival all week at church and it's been awesome! If anyone is going though, let me know, we might try to make it out.
cheylynn

Postby PeachMan » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:58 am

The state fairgrounds has some nice shows, too. Probably not as big or as nice as Charlotte, I would imagine.
"I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me." -Jesus

"'Put your trust in God; but mind to keep your powder dry." -Oliver Cromwell
PeachMan

Postby frog_nc » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:18 am

The C&E gunshow was in Hickory last weekend and I have to stay, and this opinion was influenced by a couple of dealers who have attended for years and spectators who too have attended for numerous years, was very sorry.

Every table was sold out but the dealers just didn't seem to have a variety of products. The crowds was very slim both saturday and sunday. I figure that might have been because folks are spending money on vacations instead of toys....but you never really know.

I talked to several vendors and they said that they were going in the hole because sales were down.

On a positive note there were several vendors that were more geared towards preppers.....shelf stable food at a few, water purification systems, and other prepper gear. What was missing was the two or three vendors who typically sell military surplus items that are great for prepping.

One true fallacy about gearing up at gun shows is that you have to weed through a ton of junk and worthless gear to find something decent. Preppers are lead to believe that a sow's ear can be made into a silk purse with tons of accessories that a gund show can sell you. A great point is the SKS. The stock rifle is fine for what it was made for.....a platform for farmers who couldn't read, never owned a machine let alone a rifle and have no mechanical aptitude to operate. Over the last decade or so that rifle was thrust upon the gun show world as the "cure" for everything but you have to spend money to make it into something that it should not ever be. It holds true for gas maks, flash lights, cheap optics, and wore out military gear. Bottom line is you get what you pay for.

Many of the booths that I talked to who typically sell military collectible goods are going to get into "prepper" stuff. They are chasing dollar signs and I sort of shrug my shoulders as what this means is that there will be more cheap junk instead of quality.

I would love to see someone go to gunshows and sell quality communications gear. I think there is a market for hunters, outdoor play, and prepper.
Frog_NC
Somewhere in western NC

If your post count to days of being a member on here exceed a ratio of two to one, you are full of hot air.

"Prepping isn't about preparing for the worst case scenario; it better be about preparing for the most likely scenario that is bad."
frog_nc

Previous

Return to North Carolina Discussion, News and Weather