• Advertisement

PA: Winter Storm: February 2011

General PA topics go here

Moderators: ReadyMom, kr105

PA: Winter Storm: February 2011

Postby ReadyMom » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:43 pm

I was thinking of opening a thread for this storm and then Tobor posted a report over in the Snowmageddon 2011 thread. Great minds, and all that ...! Reposting Tobors post below:

by Tobor » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:06 pm

State roads open, speed limits reduced

CHAMBERSBURG, Tuesday, Feb. 1 -Interstate 81 and Route 11 speed limits have been reduced to 45 miles an hour until further notice.

The reduction does not apply to other roads in Franklin County, according to PennDOT District 8 spokesman Mike Crochunis.

For those traveling today, a similar speed limit reduction has been placed on other south central Pennsylvania highways. It covers I81 in Cumberland, Dauphin and Lebanon Counties, I83 in York, Cumberland and Dauphin Counties, I283 in Dauphin County and most other U.S. and state highways in PennDOT 's Section 8.

Although PennDOT are crews treating roadways around the clock, the department's primary goal is to keep roads passable, Crochunis said.

Roads will not be completely free of ice and snow, he warned.

PennDOT will continue to treat roadways throughout the storm until precipitation stops and roads are clear.

Although PennDOT recommends not traveling during winter storms, motorists can check road conditions on more than 2,900 miles of state roads by calling 511 or visiting http://www.511PA.com.

The website is free and available 24 hours a day. It provides traffic delay warnings, weather forecasts, average traffic speeds on urban interstates and access to more than 500 traffic cameras.

The 511 site also provides easy-to-use, color-coded winter road conditions for all interstates and other routes covered in the 511 reporting network. Regional Twitter alerts are also available on the 511PA website.
Image Emergency Home Preparation.org -- A 'card-catalog' style of prepping information.
Image Also on Facebook: EmergencyHomePreparation (all one word)
:caution: Anything I post may NOT be used for commercial purposes or any type of 'For-Profit' distribution.
ReadyMom
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: PA: Winter Storm: February 2011

Postby Tobor » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:59 pm

hey when your all from PA and the central area we all think alike..i figured it would be seen quicker in the Snowmageddon 2011 thread than on the PA state one
Tobor

Re: PA: Winter Storm: February 2011

Postby ReadyMom » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:15 pm

Tobor wrote:hey when your all from PA and the central area we all think alike..i figured it would be seen quicker in the Snowmageddon 2011 thread than on the PA state one

Tobor, both spots will show up on the list of new posts! ;)
Image Emergency Home Preparation.org -- A 'card-catalog' style of prepping information.
Image Also on Facebook: EmergencyHomePreparation (all one word)
:caution: Anything I post may NOT be used for commercial purposes or any type of 'For-Profit' distribution.
ReadyMom
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Return to Pennsylvania Discussion, News and Weather