• Advertisement

OMG tomorrow is the last day.

Preparedness General Discussion

Moderator: raggi5

OMG tomorrow is the last day.

Postby Rabid » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:51 am

If preppers are so parinoid about things that could happen, why aren't we putting our heads firmly between our knees and kissing our (Censored word. I'm a potty mouth) good-bye? Does anyone know anyone taking Dec 21st seriously? I plan on living life as usual. I figure that someone will tell me when it has happened.
DAMMIT IM MAD spelled backwards is DAMMIT IM MAD
Rabid

Re: OMG tomorrow is the last day.

Postby anita » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:01 am

There are some posts on Drudge Report about various people who are taking it seriously, evidently. One guy (from Asia somewhere,) sold everything and blew all his money, NASA's getting a lot of phone calls, etc.

I don't know anyone personally though.
anita

Postby richardson66 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:04 am

I am not worried a bit...I have huge supplies of foil in my stores (check out "are you ready for this" thread). Anyway, I was hoping we could reschedule for next week sometime, I am really busy tomorrow. R66 :D
richardson66

Postby RayMac1963 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:17 am

Well i'm not sending my kids to school tomorrow, But they had some threats here. Half the schools in the county are suddenly closed today instead if having classes till Friday as planned because of something they got sent. And they have had police cars at them all week the whole day.
"Laugh all you want, but when the zombies come we both know who's house you'll be running to for protection" - TheYankeeMarshal

My Blog---> http://urbanprepperdiary.blogspot.com
RayMac1963
Michigan Preppers Network

Postby TheLonelyPrepper » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:24 am

I always wondered if there are preppers out there that believe tomorrow is the end of the world. What happens to them the following day? They just stop prepping? Go back to be a sheep?

On another note, I don't think it'll be the end of the world but I think there are enough dumb people that do believe it and they might do stupid things so be a little bit more aware and cautious.
Stay safe and be prepared,
The Lonely Prepper

My blog: http://www.TheLonelyPrepper.com
TheLonelyPrepper
Texas Preppers Network
Texas Preppers Network

Postby TaffyJ » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:28 am

I, too am considering keeping my kids home, but that's about the extent of it. It might be fun to watch the news and see the kooks come out.

My littlest one doesn't want to miss school because he's got perfect attendance so far. The older two are done with semester finals, so they'd love to start the Christmas holiday a bit early.

Oh, I do need to go buy a turkey today. But that's related to the 25th, not the 21st. I suppose it could be considered a prepper item, because turkey lasts foooreeeveeerrr!

I think some of my family and friends on facebook may wonder it I am a prepper, just because of context. I've had a few of them message me and ask if I'm 'ready' for tomorrow. I tell them, yeah, it will be Friday, so I have beer. I'm ready for Friday.
Shrug
TaffyJ
Louisiana Preppers Network

Postby beachbrratt » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:37 am

The only thing I'm looking for are all the nuts out there looking to take their lives and save others from the final hour. I will say though I won't be in a public place tomorrow. I know the schools all around here have had several threats, but they are still having class on friday. A friend of mine is keeping her daughter home on friday, can't say I blame her. Then I am a little concerned about those that have gone out and maxed out their credit figuring they wouldn't be accountable for the payments come dec.22 and foward. I think they may go off the deep end also realizing what they've done in hindsight, or it may prove for some very good deals as they try to sell off their goods in hopes of making enough money to make that big fat payment that is coming due. Should be interesting none the less. :wave:
beachbrratt
Missouri Preppers Network

Postby TaffyJ » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:38 am

Great point, beach! We'll all be scouring ebay come the 22nd, looking for good deals.
Shrug
TaffyJ

Postby Das Sheep » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:43 am

Have an 8 hour watch Friday so I sure hope the world doesn't end. On the bright side we do have lanterns, boxes of MRE's and some bottled water, so if something does go down I am set up for a while with the other watch standers. But I am not expecting anything strange to happen.
Das Sheep
Florida Preppers Network
Florida Preppers Network

Postby RayMac1963 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:48 am

TaffyJ wrote:Great point, beach! We'll all be scouring ebay come the 22nd, looking for good deals.

You got that right :)
"Laugh all you want, but when the zombies come we both know who's house you'll be running to for protection" - TheYankeeMarshal

My Blog---> http://urbanprepperdiary.blogspot.com
RayMac1963

Postby rjburk » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:53 am

If anyone maxed out CC's due to this.....please take there guns....they are insane....
rjburk

Postby beachbrratt » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:44 pm

I saw on a prepping show, they interviewed a family that bought tons of things on credit and those no payment due until 2013 because they said there wouldn't be a bank or credit card company worrying about their payment because of all the mass caos (spelling). Lol I think they are in for a big surprise. On a positive note, one of the TV stations here in Mo will not talk about school threats on the news unless there is an arrest. I think it's a good thing, finally a little common sense on the medias part. I was telling a friend they shouldn't put things like that on tv only pravokes copycats. Put it in the Newspaper if you want to detail a story, most kids don't read them. If it doesn't show up facebook or twitter they have no clue what's going on in the world.
beachbrratt

Postby Spanish Lizard » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:59 pm

4 back to back earthquakes in southern california just a few minutes ago - according to the reliable source, Facebook
Spanish Lizard
California Preppers Network
California Preppers Network

Postby SophieBlue » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:47 pm

Spanish Lizard wrote:4 back to back earthquakes in southern california just a few minutes ago - according to the reliable source, Facebook

Have you checked http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/map/? The earthquake map doesn't show anything of significance there.
While there's life, there's hope.
SophieBlue
Kansas Preppers Network
Kansas Preppers Network

Postby retired prepper » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:51 pm

If the world does end in a mass coronal explosion, or an asteroid strike, isn't all the discussion and preprations just a moot point? See you all Saturday morning at breakfast!
retired prepper

Next

Return to General Preparedness Discussion