• Advertisement

Just For Fun - Prepper Property

Preparedness General Discussion

Moderator: medic94

Just For Fun - Prepper Property

Postby Cin » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:01 pm

So one of the kids wants to move to the Four Corners area once retirement commences. We've been scoping the area via Internet, just checking out prices, acreage and laws. We came across this little gem today...Only needs a little TLC to be nice...and it's been marked down from $120,000 to $30,000 for 40 acres.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/Rancho-Verde-Rd-Trinidad-CO-81082/2094989582_zpid/

Looks like satellite TV is included! What a deal! :D
Cin

Re: Just For Fun - Prepper Property

Postby rebnavy1862 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:03 pm

No interior pix?
Reb
"Then call us Rebels if you will, we glory in the name, for bending under unjust laws and swearing faith to an unjust cause, we count as greater shame". Richmond Daily Dispatch May 12 1862

Semper Fi, Sic Semper Tyrannis, Remember The Alamo, and Aide'toi et Dieu T'aidera!
rebnavy1862
Virginia Preppers Network
Virginia Preppers Network

Postby kenjabroni » Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:09 pm

its a do it yourselfers hunters paradise
kenjabroni
Texas Preppers Network
Texas Preppers Network

Postby oldasrocks » Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:10 pm

I'd be scared to walk in the place long enough to take a pic much less live there. LOL. Looking at the background it looks like desert. Any water on or under it?
With the house it's $30-K, without $80K.
oldasrocks
Missouri Preppers Network

Postby IceFire » Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:40 pm

The "cabin" looks like a tear-down (or BURN down)and the junk pile needs removed, but that's a good price for the acreage. Is there water and septic on-site? If not, putting in a septic system can set you back 5k-10k, depending on the requirements/county codes. Putting in a well can run you 20k-40k on average, depending on how deep they need to drill...that is, IF there's water underneath. If there's no water, DON'T buy.
"Guns are like shoes...a woman should have one in EVERY caliber!"
IceFire
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE » Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:36 am

"...Cabin needs a little TLC....."

lol :rofl:

Anyone got a match?
Preparation through education is less costly than learning through tragedy.
-- Max Mayfield

If I had eight hours to chop down a tree, I'd spend six sharpening my axe.
-- Abraham Lincoln
DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE

Postby Stahlrosen » Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:42 am

I can't get over the satellite dish.....
It does look a little barren. With water (and a match) would be a nice piece of land.
Stahlrosen

Postby Pedro wyoming » Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:50 pm

I know this place. I lived in T'dad for a couple of years. I strongly suggest visiting the community and spending a few weeks there and see if it is the right place for you. I will nto besmirch the entire city, but it is not the quaint little town it seems.

pW
“It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change that survives.” Charles Darwin
Iמנא ,מנא, תקל, ופרסי
אלוהים
Pedro wyoming
Wyoming Preppers Network
Wyoming Preppers Network

Postby Dirk Williams » Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:16 pm

With the large amounts of propane bottles lying around,,I think it's very possible someone was cooking Meth their. One of the tells I payed attention to over the years was exactly that.

Propane bottles are re fill able. Crank cooks would go purchase new ones rather then re fill their bottles. The bottles become impregnated with the chemical stench, of P2P or whatever brand their cooking.

The newer methods of cooking are not Heat intense. I don't know for sure, but just sharing a observation. That's a couple hundred dollars in Propane bottles laying around. Just old.

Dirk
Dirk Williams

Postby daaswampman » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:21 pm

All the torn up trash is another sign of cookers and a real nice area!

If it has not sold for 30k - 75% off tge original asking price, it is not worth 30k! Trash land like that - without water, may be worth a hundred bucks an acre. That appears to be the case!

Here is another real winner and most likely a better dea (less cartel traffic and most everyone speaks English! I know this area as I went to elementary school in Cedarville, California! A beautiful area with down to earth people, but how are you going to make a living? If I could have solved that problem, I would be living just East of there in Nevada Swamp

Hwy 299,
Cedarville, CA 96104
160 acres

LOT/LAND
$60,000
160 acres of Vacant land in the Surprise Valley Basin with views of the Warner Mountain range on the West side and a 360 degrees view of Surprise Valley . This property is partially fenced and presently has native sagebrush and grasses for grazing. If interested in having more acreage of the same caliber there is an adjacent 160 acres for sale by same owner for the same price. Buy one or buy both!

https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sale/C ... 9_zm/1_fr/
People rarely notice what it right in front of their eyes. The Da Vinci Code
daaswampman
Louisiana Preppers Network

Postby MrDanB » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:30 pm

Cin,
Eastern Wa: has some screaming deals and nearly perfect for a preppers lifestyle:
https://www.trulia.com/property/3230451 ... s-WA-99137

This one is only 15 acres, but there are many out there with more acreage in similar price ranges. This particular dwelling has views of 2 water bodies, wildlife galore and good fertile soil amongst tall trees (firewood). I will either end up in E Wa or central Tx. Handful more years to go before retirement for me... Good luck with your searching! :D
"If you can't see the bright side of life... Try polishing the dull side" :)

You may NOT use any of my published content in any format for any reason without my express written consent!
MrDanB
Washington State Moderator
Washington State Moderator

Postby oldasrocks » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:49 pm

What would happen if you showed up in Cedarville Ca with a truckload of guns and ammo though.
oldasrocks

Postby daaswampman » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:57 pm

oldasrocks wrote:What would happen if you showed up in Cedarville Ca with a truckload of guns and ammo though.

Don't let the California address fool you! These are self reliant and decent people for the most part! Swamp
People rarely notice what it right in front of their eyes. The Da Vinci Code
daaswampman

Postby Dirk Williams » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:46 pm

I'm retired from Modoc County, Cedarville, is the other end of the county. As long as your a righteous citizen you will have zero problems with guns in that part of.

The Sheriff their is a close friend, Mike Poindexter, is a dam good man. I've worked on and off with Mike since 1987, we were Resident Deputies and CHP, up in the Newell area back in the 80s.

Cedarville is gods country. County road 1 runs thru Cedarville, one direction lands you in Nevada, and the other direction lands you in Oregon, tough country, but awesome. The people their are all about America, and a way of life rarely seen anymore.

It's not free of problems, but not bad. In 1989 the biggest Meth lab in America was taken out of a little burg, called " Lake City" maybe 15 miles north of Cedarville. I was present, this was the last BIG Hells Angels lab to go down. The Mexicans were taking over the cook duties and selling exclusively to the HA.

Frankly the pic's Cindy was looking out could have been the Lake City property. But three of those houses, the lab ran for years, undetected.

About the only work in that area is working for farmers or ranchers. This place is isolated, and it's just stunningly beautiful country. The people their are tougher then a woodpeckers bill, with hearts the size of Texas.

Dirk
Dirk Williams

Postby Cin » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:59 am

I wasn't seriously considering the place - it just came up in the searches we were doing in that general Four Corners area. Too desert-y for me, I grew up in the Mojave and have absolutely no desire to go back to that sort of living.

That Cedarville property is pretty, Swamp. I can see why one would love it. That said, the troublemakers in the family live in CA, will never leave, and so, I can never go back. There are too many of them, and only one of me (plus Husband).
Cin

Next

Return to General Preparedness Discussion