• Advertisement

Gluten Free 72 hour kits

Post General Texas Topics Here

Gluten Free 72 hour kits

Postby 0-sweettater » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:03 pm

Hello fellow Texans, I am new to this site and hope to learn nore. But, not new to food storage.
Last year some friends of mine wanted long term food storage for Celiacs who are on a gluten free
diet, I thought about it and did my homework. It was a great idea, yes there are others saying they are
gluten free. But long story short their factories still contain gluten, washing down a piece of equipment
does not mean no wheat is present.
Our factory is 100% gluten free and carries the Celiac Sprue Seal of approval.
I have test marketed our products with great results. Because we already use freeze dried our products
have a shelf life of 3 years at the local chain stores we already sell to.
We know will have a new website up for Surivial that are packed in mylar with oxgen absorbers giving
us a 5-7 year shelf life. Contact me with questions Teri
0-sweettater

Re: Gluten Free 72 hour kits

Postby Empress » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:23 pm

WOW,
that's great, I've got a kid who's allergic to everything, so planning for him is difficult to say the least. (wheat, eggs, spelt, gluten, dairy, citrus, etc) I still can't feed him on a day to day basis well, let alone for a disaster scenario, luckily his reactions are really mild, so we are trying to build up his immunity, and the Allergist says he should grow out of it. This will help a lot of people. thanks for doing this.
~~,~'~@ @~~,~'~@ @~~,~'~
{Empress of the Known Universe}
~~,~'~@ @~~,~'~@ @~~,~'~
P!
Empress

Postby chu2001 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:27 am

Just in general, I like the Mountain House 72 hours kit. It is a good start out package if you want to try out. That is exactly what I did when I first start looking into long term emergency food.
chu2001
Texas Preppers Network
Texas Preppers Network

Postby itsadisaster » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:23 am

Hi chu2001 (and welcome!) I agree Mountain House has great stuff .. but don't think they have official "gluten free" stuff altho their FAQs say they have meals that "do not contain gluten". Someone with gluten intolerance could do those but peeps with severe celiac disease (like my hubby) or major allergy issues should be cautious due to potential cross-contamination. Wheat and other gluten products can be airborne as well as on machines. It really sux when a loved one has such restrictive / special dietary needs.

p.s. We've tried some GF products from 0-sweettater's firm and they're awesome! Site is http://www.glutenfreeemergencykits.com ... mainly fyi in case others here have gluten free needs. :)
Be Aware... Be Prepared... and Have a Plan! Download a free mini ebook portion of IT'S A DISASTER! ...and what are YOU gonna do about it?
itsadisaster
Arizona State Moderator
Arizona State Moderator

Postby paladin » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:18 am

gonna try my hand at home made breads made with rice flour and others.... just in case I cant find flour
Daniel 12:1
[ The End Times ] “At that time Michael, the great prince who protects your people, will arise. There will be a time of distress such as has not happened from the beginning of nations until then. But at that time your people—everyone whose name is found written in the book—will be delivered.
paladin

Postby itsadisaster » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:51 am

Post what you think about it M .. it's a finer, sweeter flour but the few times we've used it -- it's definitely different. :)
Be Aware... Be Prepared... and Have a Plan! Download a free mini ebook portion of IT'S A DISASTER! ...and what are YOU gonna do about it?
itsadisaster
Arizona State Moderator
Arizona State Moderator

Postby davidintexas » Sat May 10, 2014 10:53 pm

SUPER THREAD!!!! I have a 8yo son that has celiacs and this is such a great resource Thanks for posting !!!
davidintexas
Texas Preppers Network
Texas Preppers Network

Postby itsadisaster » Wed May 21, 2014 6:46 pm

Hi Davidintexas and welcome to the forum! If you haven't already, consider doing a search on "gluten free" (using search box in upper right hand corner at top of screen). There are several other great discussions with links and resources. Also ... you may know this but another great long-term-storage food company that has some GF products made in a "dedicated facility" is Augason Farms http://www.augasonfarms.com .. but make sure you click on each product's "Nutrition Facts" link (will open a PDF) since not all "Gluten Free" products are made / packaged in gluten free facilities. They may also process wheat and other things in the facility so it's safer to be diligent and do your homework for your son's health sake. :)
itsadisaster
Arizona State Moderator
Arizona State Moderator

Return to Texas Discussion, News and Weather