• Advertisement

Alaska EDC for a traveler

Post general topics here

Alaska EDC for a traveler

Postby themichiganprepper » Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:04 pm

Hello,
Pretty soon, a coworker of mine will be taking a week long business trip to Alaska. I was wondering what people EDC in Alaska?

Thanks,
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
TheMichiganPrepper
themichiganprepper

Re: Alaska EDC for a traveler

Postby tamtbell » Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:54 pm

I'm familiar with many terms but not that one. What is EDC?
For the moment we live in a day of peace, but it shall not ever be thus. Great trials lie ahead... and we must prepare ourselves temporally and spiritually.
~Bruce R. McConkie~
tamtbell
Alaska Preppers Network
Alaska Preppers Network

Postby RayMac1963 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:14 pm

"Every Day Carry", usually referring to a firearm, but also a "survival / emergency" kit you would keep on you if you were lost or stranded. like a get home bag you would keep in your trunk.
I can't help but think God is up there right now saying "its time to shake the ol' Etch-A-Sketch and restart humanity again".

My Blog---> http://urbanprepperdiary.blogspot.com
RayMac1963
Michigan Preppers Network
Michigan Preppers Network

Postby MoosePath » Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:22 pm

Unless your coworker is going back into the bush or hanging around the rougher parts of Anchorage he really doesn't need a firearm. I carry a 44 while out on the river fishing but I also keep pepper spray with me as well. I have never needed to carry a firearm around town but that is my choice.
MoosePath

Postby Permafrost » Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:17 pm

I had not heard the term "EDC" either. Most important would be where he is going. I have a couple of .44's for the woods and a 10/22 takedown but these are not really town guns. I don't hold much with pepper spray because both bears and humans can build a immunity to it. I have a .40 Taurus for town that is mostly because a guy traded it to me in exchange for fixing his truck. If he is going to a "camp" job your friend needs to remember that firearms are not permitted in most man camps in the oil or gold industries. Transporting firearms here is not a big deal if they are coming by air, they just need a locking case and the TSA will inspect it before it is checked as baggage.
Permafrost
Alaska Preppers Network
Alaska Preppers Network

Postby tamtbell » Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:48 pm

ohhh okay. I don't worry about carrying a firearm since I work on a military post and I'm not allowed to carry a firearm, just a knife. (which I keep several of in scattered locations around me)
I wouldn't worry as much in Fairbanks. Yeah, there's bits of crime here and there but we're pretty quiet up here.
For the moment we live in a day of peace, but it shall not ever be thus. Great trials lie ahead... and we must prepare ourselves temporally and spiritually.
~Bruce R. McConkie~
tamtbell
Alaska Preppers Network
Alaska Preppers Network

Return to Alaska Discussion, News, and Weather