• Advertisement

Alaska Prepper Meet Up?

Post Alaska Meetups and Events here

Alaska Prepper Meet Up?

Postby Permafrost » Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:06 am

I was reading the paper & saw this. I am not going but I was wondering if anyone was going. This is the first I have heard of it but I am not in town much so there might have been some earlier advertisements that I missed. Must be a pretty big meet up to make the paper, and the Talkeetna location should bring in a big crowd from the Los Anchorage area.

http://www.newsminer.com/news/local_new ... 269fd.html

If anyone goes please share how it was & if it will be a annual thing. I don't get south much but if it is going to be happening every year I might have to make a trip next year, should be a good place to network or at least I might be able to pick up some freight hauling work to remote locations.

P.S.
I am getting into remote logistics this coming winter instead of trapping, anyone need freight moved to the middle of nowhere P.M. me. I should be in town for a week or two repairing equipment & grinding/wrapping meat from spring hunts. I will do 1500 pound loads in the hills & 3000 pound loads on the flats by snowmachine. River loads are dependent on water depth. Interior or North Slope locations only.
Permafrost
Alaska Preppers Network
Alaska Preppers Network

Re: Alaska Prepper Meet Up?

Postby Lifelong Survivalist » Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:24 am

Hi Permafrost. I want to wish you success on your new Venture. Be careful out there. :-) Lifelong
UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL :-)
Lifelong Survivalist

Re: Alaska Prepper Meet Up?

Postby Permafrost » Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:35 am

Figured I would try something new next winter. River ice is becoming a issue and if I'm gona die on it I might as well get more money for the risk I am taking. Still trying to decide if I want to deal with freight in the summer, I might do that or ferry fire folks around the rivers under the same company. Mostly I'm just looking to get paid to go out on vacation. Besides I already haul a lot of stuff for friends that are guides or remote builders.
Permafrost
Alaska Preppers Network
Alaska Preppers Network

Return to Alaska Meetups