• Advertisement

ROPE

Discuss Urban/Suburban and Wilderness Survival here

Moderator: medic72

ROPE

Postby tatuguru » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:49 am

i sit here and think of things that i might need to make my ability to survive easier in a scenario that does not offer all the comforts needed to complete whatever task i might need to complete. i do this all day everyday, and i was just wondering, has anyone put any value in rope. i have.

rope will be your friend in the end and if you learn how to use it well. i would like to see what others think on how to use rope in different ways to help make your day a little better. so post it here and tell us how you would use rope in a helpful manner.

remember rope is light to carry and it can fit on the exterior of your bug out bag. it is handy for a ton of different uses.

here is one idea:

You are walking in in-climate weather with other people in poor visibility. break out the rope loop it around your waist run it back about 4 foot and do the same for the next person. keeps you together and if someone lags you will know it. this way no one gets lost. its a security blanket. i would personally use D rings that way if needed you can unhook from the rope quickly and go into defense mode or act accordingly to any situation that might arise.

sorry gang but i think of stuff like this, maybe i am a little crazy but the world is getting ready to get a little crazy (i hope not, but the possibility is ever present)

so please share your ideas and lets teach one another

happy prepping
Conformity Guarantees Failure
tatuguru

Re: ROPE

Postby MidwestPrepper » Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:17 pm

I have definitely considered rope. I have made several para cord braided items, from a necklace , bracelets, keychain FOB's, dog collars for dogs, leashes, belts I could go on and on. I had found the information online of the many uses for military grade para cord, it was then I got to braiding and knotting!

:thumbsup: :tank:
MidwestPrepper

Postby undauntedsoul » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:51 pm

I have tons of paracord.

You should research the heck out of this topic. Paracord is a MUST HAVE item.

I don't mean to sound cliche but with a good knife and ample paracord, you can do a decent survival job in many places.
SHEEPLE? Gold? FIAT currency? Economic collapse?
This well-researched documentary will likely surprise you and change your opinion about many things:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXt1cayx0hs
undauntedsoul

Postby prep4everything » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:33 am

Proud Infidel !!!….Don’t like it….come do something about it… I’ll help you with that 72 virgin thing (they told you they are all boys….right?)

www.doubletapok.com
http://www.youtube.com/user/DoubleTapShooting
prep4everything

Return to Survival