• Advertisement

Land in NE AZ

Post general Arizona topics here.

Moderator: itsadisaster

Land in NE AZ

Postby jackhammer » Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:56 pm

I am from AZ and would like to buy some land in NE AZ. I have seen some out near St Johns and around that part of the state and was wondering if anyone in that area had any input. I was born and raised in Tucson and spend several years in Lake Havesu as the Navy Recruiter. My dad workied all over the state so i am pretty familiar with most of the state but NE. Thanks for the input, any advice would be a help :D
jackhammer
Wisconsin Preppers Network

Re: Land in NE AZ

Postby azsquirrelcop » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:45 pm

Well if you are looking for land near St johns, you will be used to the scenery if you are from Tuscon. I'd suggest around Springerville or Eagar if you want trees. If you need prices or pictures, let me know.
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." ----Thomas Jefferson
P!
azsquirrelcop
Arizona Preppers Network
Arizona Preppers Network

Postby jackhammer » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:50 pm

If you could hook me up with a website for land in those areas that would be great what area are you in. I am not looking for exact location but an area. I thought about Payson also but land is so expensive in that area. My grandparents ran a campground there a long time ago near Kholls ranch.
jackhammer

Postby lyleplocher » Thu May 24, 2012 1:54 pm

Check out this property, a Prepper's paradise in sunny Gila County.

http://buypropertyinarizona.net/241-acr ... y-retreat/
lyleplocher

Postby 1loco » Thu May 24, 2012 5:40 pm

I would look at county records and see what's the average depth of water wells. At about $20 the foot a deep well can destroy a budgget. I live around Maricopa and my well is about 780' deep. With a tank and pumps we are talking about $20k. Furthermore, a well that deep is almost imposible to operate without 220v power since you would need a 3 1/2 hp pump. If you could limit your self to around 300' you might be able to use a hand pump or a wind mill. A 100 year supply of water means nothing if you can't get to it. Considering the average anual rain fall water catchment is not practical particularly in that area. Also a shollower well can be drilled by "lighter" equipment which is important if the location is remote and the roads not good enough for a large drilling rig. Furthermore, from personal experience I can tell you that deep wells are expensive to maintain requiring special equipment.

I hope this information helps you in making a good decision when finding your piece of paradise. Good luck
1loco
Arizona Preppers Network
Arizona Preppers Network

Postby azprepper2 » Fri May 25, 2012 3:16 pm

Hello jackh.,
We looked at land in St Johns area, didn't look to see how deep wells were in the area we looked nobody to speak and ask ???, totally off grid in this area. So after what ifs on our part we decided against it for financial reasons. Also one important thing to note is medical. Very lacking i thought, especially if your a senior and you were planning on moving soon, then if nothing like a shtf happens I think your stuck with nothing but dirt. Roads were awful. Which may or may not be a bad point to you. But if you are not 4 wheeling another expense. Hope this helps abit. azprepper2
azprepper2

Postby jackhammer » Sun May 27, 2012 9:21 pm

Thanks for for all the info. A well was a big concern, i will have to look at the average depth.
jackhammer

Postby blue 1551 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:14 am

Hi Jack H

What are you looking for do you want to purchase land or do you want a bug out location. There are several people and several groups that are looking for people or more so families to join them to create a bug out retreat.

I am in a MAG in the snowflake area and we are looking for members who have the same values and goals. I don’t want this to sound like a sales pitch but if money is an issue like for most of us this is an option to think about. I would be happy to talk about the options with you, just give me a pm.
Train today for tomorrows unknown.
blue 1551
Arizona Preppers Network
Arizona Preppers Network

Postby azsquirrelcop » Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:25 pm

blue 1551 wrote:Hi Jack H

What are you looking for do you want to purchase land or do you want a bug out location. There are several people and several groups that are looking for people or more so families to join them to create a bug out retreat.

I am in a MAG in the snowflake area and we are looking for members who have the same values and goals. I don’t want this to sound like a sales pitch but if money is an issue like for most of us this is an option to think about. I would be happy to talk about the options with you, just give me a pm.

MAG??? From what i've seen, not much in Snowflake. ;)
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." ----Thomas Jefferson
P!
azsquirrelcop
Arizona Preppers Network
Arizona Preppers Network

Postby blue 1551 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:32 pm

You are correct that is why it is the perfect place to hide in plain sight. The price of land was right with what we had to spend. If you have the funds to invest in wooded property or have a large group that can throw money in a pot you get what you can afford.

That is why so many people have purchased property in Ash Fork. The terrain
is better but it has no water. What would you want more terrain or water for the same dollar.
blue 1551
Arizona Preppers Network
Arizona Preppers Network

Postby azsquirrelcop » Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:18 pm

blue 1551 wrote:You are correct that is why it is the perfect place to hide in plain sight. The price of land was right with what we had to spend. If you have the funds to invest in wooded property or have a large group that can throw money in a pot you get what you can afford.

That is why so many people have purchased property in Ash Fork. The terrain
is better but it has no water. What would you want more terrain or water for the same dollar.

Water is a priority over everything, shelter and food come second. If you plan to grow anything in Snowflake, you need water and a good import of good top soil to grow food, it wouldn't be my number one area to go to.
P!
azsquirrelcop
Arizona Preppers Network
Arizona Preppers Network

Postby blue 1551 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:27 am

It would not be my first choice either but with what we had to spend and the areas to choose from it was the best area that met our requirements.

We have one well with two methods of pumping, and access to another well if we need it along with a 40K water tank at that time. The soil is not great but anywhere in Arizona soil needs to be addressed and that we have done.
blue 1551
Arizona Preppers Network
Arizona Preppers Network

Postby sisterpine » Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:56 pm

I am looking in the area of Cochise Co. Just wan to stay as far as possible away from PHX and TSN but be within 3 days walk from Tucson if possible. Just looking for a small piece to a big piece of land with well already up and running so I know it will have water. Every time I think I have found something I bump into a zillion conditions and restrictions on the property which totally turns me off. It is not that I want to raise a pig, I just don't want someone telling me I can't do what I want with my own land. Would love to go in with a few others as well. No way will I survive without several others to work with. KC
sisterpine

Postby IceFire » Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:10 pm

Welcome, Sisterpine! I'm in Cochise Co, as well. It really depends on WHERE in the county you want to be, as it's a BIG county (over 6,250 square miles) It ALSO depends on whether or not you want to be on a paved road...75% of the roads in Cochise County are NOT paved (I drive on a LOT of them every day for work) and how close or far away from a town you want to be. Also, some areas have easier access to water than others.
IceFire
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby azsquirrelcop » Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:46 pm

:offtopic:
P!
azsquirrelcop
Arizona Preppers Network
Arizona Preppers Network

Next

Return to General Arizona Discussions