• Advertisement

Arkansas Preppers Roll Call 3/06/11

Please introduce yourself here.

Arkansas Preppers Roll Call 3/06/11

Postby North Idaho Patriot » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:17 pm

The American Preppers Network is conducting a network-wide roll call.

Arkansas Preppers, please reply to this post and let us know what you are doing to prep.

Are you new or not sure where to start?

Here are a few tips

Networking
The APN focuses heavily on promoting our state groups at the regional and local levels, more so than most forums. Here is the State Network directory, use it to get to know and communicate with others near you.
viewforum.php?f=36

Some other things you can do:
* Check in to your states group at least once or twice a week to help keep your local groups active
* See a storm or disaster in your area? Post about it and let others know
* Find a good deal at a local merchant? Tell us about it.
* Join your local CERT teams. Each state directory has a link that lists the teams in your state.
* Join ANTS (Americans Networking To Survive) ANTS is a unique group that forms supply chains between members so that members should not have to rely on the government for emergency supplies in a disaster. Here is their website: http://www.americansnetworkingtosurvive.org/
Here is their sub-forum here on APN: viewforum.php?f=618
* Join a local survival, preparedness, or sustainable living meetup group, or start one yourself. Meetup.com is a great social network that helps you meet others near you. APN is offering for a limited time free Meetup.com pages for our Gold members who want to start local Preppers meetups. Normally these pages are $20 a month to get started but with APN Gold membership being only $5 a month you can realize a net savings of $15 a month. Here is information on the offer: viewtopic.php?f=606&t=9170

Learning
Here on the APN learning is free. Our index page (index.php) is organized and categorized so that you can browse easily by subject to find the categories you are looking for. If you dont see a topic that you are looking for you can use the search bar. If you still can't find what you are looking for, then pose a question in the appropriate category and our members are more than happy to share their knowledge.

Resources here on the forum:
* The basics section here on the forum: viewforum.php?f=616
* The Survival, preparedness, and sustainable living directory: viewforum.php?f=12

Free downloads:
* http://cd3wd.com/ (Over 4,000 titles totally over 13 gigabytes)
* http://www.preppers.info/Free_Downloads.html (Over 300 ebooks, manuals and pdfs for download or get them all on disk for free. There is a suggested donation of $2.97 to help cover shipping and handling)
* http://www.stevespages.com/page7c.htm Hundreds of military training manuals and coursebooks for download
*Here is an article on how to build your survival library for pennies on the dollar: http://www.americanpreppersnetwork.com/ ... y-for.html

Teaching
By sharing what you know on how to prepare, survive, or live sustainable you are helping others to become more self-reliant in the process. "Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, feed him for a lifetime." The more prepared everyone is and the more self-reliant everyone is, the freer we all are. When the unprepared become prepared they are no longer a liability for everyone else. Understand the difference between being in a disaster where there is only one able bodied person who is prepared and 10 who are unprepared vs a disaster where there are 10 prepared and only one who is in need. An unprepared populace that is dependent on the Government means less freedom for YOU. Do you see how you can "Find Freedom Through Teaching Others Self-Reliance"?

Some things you can do:
*Share your knowledge on these forums. You may find it to be a fair and equitable barter when you do. If are able to learn something from others here, then repay the favor by sharing with them what you know.
*Contribute articles to the blogs. The APN and state blogs are member and reader contributed blogs. We are holding a weekly contest now: viewtopic.php?f=606&t=9086
*Attend the local meetups if there are any in your community and teach your skills.

Do you have most of the bases covered already? Then reply to this post and tell us what you've been doing to prepare. You may inspire others to try something new. Good luck and Prep On!
North Idaho Patriot
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Arkansas Preppers Roll Call 3/06/11

Postby fuzzy » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:50 pm

I've got so many projects going now, garden, water, food, shelving, etc., I don't know which is more important! But I'm trying! Lately, have been trying to get organized by incorporating the new shelving, sorting out old stuff, trying to see what still works.
fuzzy

Postby North Idaho Patriot » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:59 pm

Organizing is a very good place to start. Let us know how it works out!
North Idaho Patriot
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby railbuggy2300 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:09 pm

N.W. Arkansas checking in.
railbuggy2300
Arkansas Preppers Network

Postby North Idaho Patriot » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:22 pm

Thanks for checking in Railbuggy!
North Idaho Patriot
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Arjumper » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:13 am

Flare up from Little Rock!!!!! Kinda new to this prepper thing,,however, I have many skills , was pro skydiver,, good hunting club ,have been hunting every year most of my life, and 700ft sqft finished basement. Am working on basement, and many other things.. food , ammo,med, ect.. My largest problem is, I can't seem to get some of the people (that i want & will need in an event ).. Most of my friends are not alarmists, to the point of > we'll see it when it happens.... How ever,,,We all can hunt , fish ,& run a trout line.. We'll be ok ,,,its others I'm very worried about!! Any thoughts?..........P.S. would like to meet other preppers,,,have only met 1 ....ever....been doing this on my own..Thanks all...blue skies.....Mike
Arjumper

Postby jhuk05 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:07 am

checkin in from north central... just birthed our first baby calf.... milk and butter and cheese to come in a few weeks after the calf gets all the collustrum it needs, garden expansion underway, now i need to find time to work to pay for all this stuff ! lol
Assault is a behavior, not a device. 64,999,987 firearm owners killed no one today !

Those who hammer their guns into plows, will plow for those who do not. Thomas Jefferson
jhuk05

Postby Doug + Vicki » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:40 pm

We are making pretty good progress, considering we started from zero three months ago. We have food for a year for the two of us, over 100 gallons of water, tools, 45W solar, BOBs, etc. I also bought a truck that should run in the event of an EMP, along with about 50 gallons of stabilized gasoline. Still have a long way to go with gardening, wood stove purchase and installation, woodcutting, animal husbandry, learning trapping and tanning, that sort of thing. Just need a massive infusion of cash to make it all happen. Beans, bullets, and Band-Aids.
Doug and Vicki
N.W. Arkansas
or in the RV somewhere
Doug + Vicki

Postby Doug + Vicki » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:45 pm

I thought we had joined the Arkansas network, but I do not see the logo on the above post. How do I join up?

Nevermind, I found it!
Doug and Vicki
N.W. Arkansas
or in the RV somewhere
Doug + Vicki

Postby EcoHouse » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:49 pm

Central AR here. rabbits raising, garden planted, bug out shelter planned. :eek:
Rodney Collins
Little Rock, Arkansas
EcoHouse Construction and Architecture
EcoHouse

Postby shawna72501 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:59 pm

Checking in from North Central Arkansas. I have been working on getting my basic foods in order (rice, beans, wheat, sugar, salt). I've also been working on finding coupons to purchase non-essentials cheaply (I purchased 25 tubes of colgate from Kroger last week for only the cost of tax :) ) My husband recently put shelves up for me so that I could be more organize, and I am hoping to start getting my garden in the ground soon. If it ever stops raining! ;)
shawna72501

Postby NWAPrep » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:23 pm

Sounds like I'm about where everyone else is up here in NWA. Getting ready for the spring garden, hand dug wells for water, ponds stocked with catfish and perch, diesel tractor than can run on bio if needed, wood stove for heat/food prep, and plans for an underground tornado shelter/food storage completed...just need to get construction underway.
NWAPrep

Postby samc72032 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:28 pm

Hello fellow Arkansans! I'm very excited to find this site and look forward to learning and growing in my knowledge. My husband is the original prepper of the family and I have come on board fully about a year ago. We have our water storage, fuel storage, food storage, first aid, alternate energy etc. in decent shape and now we are expanding it. In fact, I've quit my job to make a business out of getting prepared. I'll not advertise here, because I know this isn't the place. I just wanted to check in and say I'm glad there is a place for like minded Arkansans to meet online.
samc72032

Postby Hoppes » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:01 pm

North centeral Arkansas here. Although I am more Missouri thanks to my location, I am technically Arkansas. We have goats that have kidded and more to kid. We are off grid and an enjoying the Ozarks. We've learned a lot and still have more to learn. Like how to plant through rock! (Container gardening this year. Probably next year too.)
A friend's description of me: "A babywearing gun-toting mama.... In hot pink crocs."
Hoppes

Postby addisong » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:31 pm

Just checking in from SW Arkansas. Garden started, working on design for a greenhouse and a saferoom. Have a lot of food , ammo and first aid items stored. There appears to be no preppers in my area. Everyone keep up the good work as we are very close to the economy going south, I think it is only a few months away.
addisong

Next

Return to Check In Here Arkansas Preppers