• Advertisement

October Campout for Ozark Mountain Preppers

Post Arkansas meetups and events here

October Campout for Ozark Mountain Preppers

Postby PeachOnEarth » Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:15 pm

Hey guys.. havent posted on here for a while.. but am unable to access email now... so for those in our group who still visit here..... here is the info for October Meeting.... We are camping Oct 17-19.... at the site we rented for a year :)... if your not able to camp we will be starting on Saturday at 12:30 with our demonstrations... there will be a two mile hike in FULL Bug-out gear... so bring it ALL.... we will be demonstrating emergency shelters, emergency water filtration, and there will be a "think" tank session on the reasons YOU personally are prepping....

Friday night I will be making a huge pot of chili.. and Saturday we will be doing the "milkcan" dinner... if your planning on camping out.. all that i ask you to bring are some donuts/ fruit for Continental breakfast... as I dont plan on firing up the grill or cooking on the campout fire.... YOUR more than welcome to cook whatever you like :)... but will be busy weekend so am trying to lighten my work-load :).... also bring peronal snacks and drinks :)... Tea, Lemonade, coffee will be provided....

If you already know where we live but have not yet been to campsite.... Whiteboard will have directions on front porch... its less than a mile from the farm.....

Also remember, its great fishing on the river is you like to fish :)... hope to see you October :)

POE :)
"Earth Laughs In Flowers" Raph Waldo Emerson

"What we have loved, others will love, and we will teach them how." William Wordsworth

"Growing your own food is like printing your own money." - Ron Finley
PeachOnEarth
Arkansas Preppers Network

Re: October Campout for Ozark Mountain Preppers

Postby PeachOnEarth » Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:24 pm

addendum to the post... this IS a primitive campsite.. there is an outhouse... and a hand well pump for fresh water.... that is all the "amenities" there are... just to give you a heads up.... My farm is less than a mile away.... so anyone who wants to shower.... etc... are more than welcome to use those facilities :).....

We will provide all firewood :)

POE....

"What we have loved, others will love, and we will teach them how." William Wordsworth

PeachOnEarth

Postby PeachOnEarth » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:40 am

this is why i dont post much here any longer :).... lots of armchair preppers... not many who actually get out there and meet others or DO anything.

PeachOnEarth

Postby vetprepper12 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:12 pm

Tell me about it!
vetprepper12

Postby Myakka » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:22 pm

We have an event in Florida the following week. Hoping for a good turnout. I would LOVE to come to yours, but the distance is just too far.

I do hope you have some folks participate. We learn from doing.
[i]"Oh, America. I wish I could tell you that this was still America, but I've come to realize that you can't have a country without people. And there are no people here. No, my friends. This is now the United States of Zombieland"
[/i]

Skills beats Stuff!
Myakka
Florida Preppers Network
Florida Preppers Network

Postby pearl44 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:25 am

Please send contact info for Ozark Mountain Preppers.

Thank you!
pearl44

Postby mombear » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:19 am

Peaches, this was a while back, how did it go? I live in the river valley now. I was wondering if we could do a camp out this fall, but somewhere like Mt. Ida?
Your failure to prepare, does not make it an emergency for me!!
mombear

Return to Arkansas Meetups