• Advertisement

Lower Ozarks Mt. Meetup

Post Arkansas meetups and events here

Re: Lower Ozarks Mt. Meetup

Postby ozarked » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:18 pm

Cyric - I suspect you are right; there are lurkers out there. There have been 65 views of our thread, so all we have to do is keep having fun with these posts and maybe they'll be encouraged to join us an have some fun, too.

I'll be back in the area on Sunday, Feb 26, so I suggest the following week sometime might be good. Come to think of it, maybe the weekend would be better, as most of us are not independently wealthy and able to take off mid-week to have fun at a meetup.

There are a couple of places in Batesville that may be suitable. Coming from the north, just past the first stoplight as you enter Batesville (intersection of AR rt 25 and US167) on the left is the China King Buffet. Really good food (if you like Chinese), and they have a semi-private room we could use w/o prior reservations.

At the intersection of US 167 and Main Street is Wyatt-Kelly's. Nothing fancy, just good home-cookin'. They have a lunch buffet 7 days a week. Ad-hoc groups meeting there are commonplace, so they are used to groups coming and going and talking. There is a large round table in the rear, as well as other tables able to accommodate groups of various sizes. There is enough chatter going on that no one will notice any "prepper talk".

Elizabeth's, near the corner of Main and Broad, is the upper end of Batesville dining (white starched linens, must raise pinkie when drinking tea) and has great food. Open area seating not given to private conversations (did I mention the food is great?).

Finally, there is Josie's at lock and dam #1 on the White River. Private enough and able to accommodate groups of various sizes, but no private dining area. Claims to have the best steaks in North-Central Arkansas, and they'll get no argument from me. Private club, so drinks are available if you're a member or guest of a member. I am a member, so if you want a drink, be prepared to suck up to me (failing that, an envelope stuffed with cash will suffice).

All that said, don't discount Metchams in Ash Flat, as that might be more centrally located, depending on who all we attract to our meetup.

KTFB

Ed
An armed society is a polite society.

P!
ozarked

Postby ozarked » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:29 pm

Welcome Plantlady! Glad to have you aboard and hope you will join us at our meetup. Please encourage any other preppers you may know to also attend. Tell us more about yourself; what are your interests? Have you been a prepper long?

P!
ozarked

Postby hillbilly1 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:27 am

hi all hillbilly1 here
(1)i think a meet up is a great idea
(2)the survival store in calico rock is too high for me.
(3)stiles at franklin is verrrry much cheaper i buy in bulk 870-895-4800+4810
i paid $26 for 50# bag of wheat flour.
i buy beans corn meal plus many other things in bulk there.
hillbilly1

Postby Cyric30 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:53 pm

Hello And welcome to the discussion PlantLady & Hillbilly1
Glad to see the both of you jumping in :)
Chime in if this doesn't work for either of you. and let me know what would work better for you :)

How does Saturday March 3rd at China King Buffet's semi-private area around 1:00 PM'ish in Batesville sound to everyone or would folks prefer something later??? ive eaten there and they have other stuff on the buffet besides Chinese food if you not a fan, Ozarked can correct me if im wrong, but last time i ate there it was around $10.00 for buffet or was that somewhere else im thinking.?
Also, as Ozarked said if Meachams in Ash-Flat is more centrally located for PlantLady & Hillbilly1 let me know and we'll work it out :)

PlantLady wrote:Well I am not a lurker, But my husband and I would be interested in meeting up, We are in Izard County. So it appears that there may be more people then we are aware of in the surrounding counties.
hillbilly1 wrote:hi all hillbilly1 here
(1)i think a meet up is a great idea
(2)the survival store in calico rock is too high for me.
(3)stiles at franklin is verrrry much cheaper i buy in bulk 870-895-4800+4810
i paid $26 for 50# bag of wheat flour.
i buy beans corn meal plus many other things in bulk there.
ozarked wrote:Cyric - I suspect you are right; there are lurkers out there. There have been 65 views of our thread, so all we have to do is keep having fun with these posts and maybe they'll be encouraged to join us an have some fun, too.

I'll be back in the area on Sunday, Feb 26, so I suggest the following week sometime might be good. Come to think of it, maybe the weekend would be better, as most of us are not independently wealthy and able to take off mid-week to have fun at a meetup.

There are a couple of places in Batesville that may be suitable. Coming from the north, just past the first stoplight as you enter Batesville (intersection of AR rt 25 and US167) on the left is the China King Buffet. Really good food (if you like Chinese), and they have a semi-private room we could use w/o prior reservations.

At the intersection of US 167 and Main Street is Wyatt-Kelly's. Nothing fancy, just good home-cookin'. They have a lunch buffet 7 days a week. Ad-hoc groups meeting there are commonplace, so they are used to groups coming and going and talking. There is a large round table in the rear, as well as other tables able to accommodate groups of various sizes. There is enough chatter going on that no one will notice any "prepper talk".

Elizabeth's, near the corner of Main and Broad, is the upper end of Batesville dining (white starched linens, must raise pinkie when drinking tea) and has great food. Open area seating not given to private conversations (did I mention the food is great?).

Finally, there is Josie's at lock and dam #1 on the White River. Private enough and able to accommodate groups of various sizes, but no private dining area. Claims to have the best steaks in North-Central Arkansas, and they'll get no argument from me. Private club, so drinks are available if you're a member or guest of a member. I am a member, so if you want a drink, be prepared to suck up to me (failing that, an envelope stuffed with cash will suffice).

All that said, don't discount Metchams in Ash Flat, as that might be more centrally located, depending on who all we attract to our meetup.

KTFB

Ed
Cyric30

Postby PlantLady » Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:07 pm

ozarked wrote:Welcome Plantlady! Glad to have you aboard and hope you will join us at our meetup. Please encourage any other preppers you may know to also attend. Tell us more about yourself; what are your interests? Have you been a prepper long?

Thank You for the welcome!!! We are an older couple and have been preppers for 20 years, but a recent move (out of state) turned into a disater for us when our house was broken into and it looked like a tornado had went thru the house, everything was emptied in the floors, broken, furniture turned over and alot of things were stolen. So back to Arkansas we came where we feel we are meant to stay and start over. I start all my garden plants from (non-hybrid) seeds and save seeds from what I grow. I am also an herbalist...So as per my name I am interest in plants and growing them.

Batesville, China King Buffet's would work fine for us...but either place is fine.
PlantLady

Postby ozarked » Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:20 pm

Hi there, Hillbilly! Glad to have you along, and hope you can attend the meetup. I agree that SurviveUSA in Calico Rock is a little pricy, but I like to support them as they are a great local resource and I wouldn't want to lose them. Stiles in Franklin is news to me so I'm anxious to learn about it at the meetup.

Ozarked

P!
ozarked

Postby ozarked » Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:42 am

Cyric- One final post before I head out the door. March 3rd at 1 PM at the China King Buffet in Batesville is good for me. Keep trying to raise PoE. As she started this whole thing, I'd like to make sure she is included. I'll be back up on the forum on Feb 26. Talk to you then.

Ozarked

P!
ozarked

Postby Cyric30 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:26 am

OK Ozarked
See you when you get back and stay safe out there :)
Cyric30

Postby PeachOnEarth » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:35 pm

Hey Everyone!!
Im kinda back and kinda not.... my puter has crashed.. im on a mini-puter which has issues also... it keeps knocking me off the internet regularly.. so it gets frustrating.
Cyric, Ash Flat or Batesville is fine with me.... Ash Flat is an easier drive, but im not picky at all!!!
Plant Lady, Hillbilly glad to see you on board here!
Im also an herbalist and am so excited to meet you plant lady!!!!
Cyric.. im gonna email you my phone number so that you can keep me informed of plans from here on out incase i cannot get back online reliably....
March 3rd sounds good to me... ! Cyric i will drop you another line with my info.. I dont want to miss this meetup!
A Very Excited... POE :clap:
"Earth Laughs In Flowers" Raph Waldo Emerson

"What we have loved, others will love, and we will teach them how." William Wordsworth

"Growing your own food is like printing your own money." - Ron Finley
PeachOnEarth
Arkansas Preppers Network

Postby Cyric30 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:36 pm

Hello PoE
Glad to see you back from your Rio Vacation :D
I have received your information, and if anything changes and we dont hear from you in the thread i'll get ahold of you :)
Right now if we can stick this first meeting out in Batesville, we can make arrangements in persons as to the next one. mainly i guess to simplify things this first time, but if you would like to move it just say the word, its your thread and idea :)
anyway let me know what your thoughts are, got to run for a bit :'(
Cyric

PeachOnEarth wrote:Hey Everyone!!
Im kinda back and kinda not.... my puter has crashed.. im on a mini-puter which has issues also... it keeps knocking me off the internet regularly.. so it gets frustrating.
Cyric, Ash Flat or Batesville is fine with me.... Ash Flat is an easier drive, but im not picky at all!!!
Plant Lady, Hillbilly glad to see you on board here!
Im also an herbalist and am so excited to meet you plant lady!!!!
Cyric.. im gonna email you my phone number so that you can keep me informed of plans from here on out incase i cannot get back online reliably....
March 3rd sounds good to me... ! Cyric i will drop you another line with my info.. I dont want to miss this meetup!
A Very Excited... POE :clap:
Cyric30

Postby PeachOnEarth » Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:41 pm

Batesville.. sounds fine.... TrailRider and I look forward to meeting with you all....

POE
"Earth Laughs In Flowers" Raph Waldo Emerson

"What we have loved, others will love, and we will teach them how." William Wordsworth

"Growing your own food is like printing your own money." - Ron Finley
PeachOnEarth

Postby nighthawk » Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:59 pm

Hi everyone!! I live in Lawrence Co. and would love to meet up with some like minded individuals. I was wondering if my wife and I could possibly attend this little get together?
nighthawk

Postby Cyric30 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:28 pm

Hello Nighthawk
its my interpretation of things that this is an open meeting and everyone is welcome :) so until im told different come on over and join the fun :D

nighthawk wrote:Hi everyone!! I live in Lawrence Co. and would love to meet up with some like minded individuals. I was wondering if my wife and I could possibly attend this little get together?
Cyric30

Postby copaceticprep » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:47 pm

China King Buffet in Batesville on Saturday, March 3 at 1pm? From Franklin County, but would LOVE to attend if that is ok. We could do that no problem. How will we know who to look for and all? Someone wanna wear a red baseball cap or something...lol My email is jbrand01@uafortsmith.edu. Please email me with info. It is nice that someone took the bull by the horns and got this thing going. I will contact my brother that lives in Gravette as well and see if he can make it. I don't think he is on this forum. PLEASE email me somebody haha
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." -John Adams
copaceticprep

Postby Cyric30 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:57 pm

Hello Copaceticprep
Glad to see you taking an interest, PeachesonEarth is having PC troubles so im fielding questions at the moment :)
SO as of this moment you are correct :)
China King Buffet, in Batesville AR, On Saturday March 3rd at 1:00PM is correct, It is my understanding from Ozarked that they have a semi-private room in the back, so we shouldn't have to wear read hats or Hawaiian shirts, unless you really want to :D although i will have on favorite old olive drab baseball cap on per my normal casual wear :)
Other than that im not sure what else we might do, :?

copaceticprep wrote:China King Buffet in Batesville on Saturday, March 3 at 1pm? From Franklin County, but would LOVE to attend if that is ok. We could do that no problem. How will we know who to look for and all? Someone wanna wear a red baseball cap or something...lol My email is jbrand01@uafortsmith.edu. Please email me with info. It is nice that someone took the bull by the horns and got this thing going. I will contact my brother that lives in Gravette as well and see if he can make it. I don't think he is on this forum. PLEASE email me somebody haha
Cyric30

PreviousNext

Return to Arkansas Meetups