• Advertisement

Kern County Irregular Militia

Post California meetups and events here

Re: Kern County Irregular Militia

Postby JBot » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:52 am

rebnavy1862 wrote:
JBot wrote:
rebnavy1862 wrote:I feel the same way, Aunt Bee. It is about time we started making ourselves heard. My brain is all foggy right now with a head cold and Dayquil, so I can't recall the details. But, there was a Marine Sgt. leading his fellow marines in an assault on an enemy position.
He yelled out: "What, you wanna live forever?"

You gotta do what you gotta do.

Reb

That is a movie quote from the movie Starship Troopers. lol

No, that is an actual historical quote from a marine. Still can't remember who, when, or where :)
Reb

You might be thinking of Daniel Daly? But it was said that he yelled "Come on, you sons of (Censored word. I'm a Potty mouth), do you want to live forever?" It was during WW I during the Battle of Belleau Wood. Check it out is this the guy you might have been thinking of? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Daly
JBot

Postby rebnavy1862 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:02 pm

That's him. Thanks Jbot.
Reb
Got CRS real bad
"Then call us Rebels if you will, we glory in the name, for bending under unjust laws and swearing faith to an unjust cause, we count as greater shame". Richmond Daily Dispatch May 12 1862

Semper Fi, Sic Semper Tyrannis, Remember The Alamo, and Aide'toi et Dieu T'aidera!
rebnavy1862
Virginia Preppers Network
Virginia Preppers Network

Postby familyfirst » Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:27 pm

If anyone is genuinely interested in the KCI we will be holding a spring Meet and Greet soon. Get in touch for details
familyfirst

Previous

Return to California Meetups