• Advertisement

Join Your States Prepper Network. Click Here

Food Shopping

Post general California topics here

Food Shopping

Postby Rosemead » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:14 pm

Was shopping for my lunch items this weekend. Picked up a can of peanuts, did not seem right, so I pulled the plastic lid off. It had been opened and a handful of peanuts taken. Six other cans had also been opened.

You in other areas may not need to worry, but with the Hep-a in San Diego moving in to Los Angeles, I have started to inspect packaging a little closer. I don't know if just rinsing fresh fruit will be enough. Any thoughts?

As a side note : two years ago this super market had an armed guard at the door, it went to just a guard and this weekend he was gone. I do hope this is temporary.
Originally Posted by lazyboy97O:
How is a state religion bad, but state medicine good?

Originally Posted by steamboatpete:
Anyone who makes the decision to depend upon the government to take care of their basic needs has essentially doomed himself to a life of bitter disappointment.
Rosemead

Re: Food Shopping

Postby Blondie » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:15 am

You need to find a better place to shop.

When I lived in Detroit they employed uniformed armed security 24/7/365 at the local WM. You couldn't exit without your receipt and packages being inspected. They also profiled. I started shopping 20 minutes away and it was a different experience.
Living In A Powder Keg & Giving Off Sparks
Blondie

Postby Stahlrosen » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:35 pm

Blondie wrote:You need to find a better place to shop.

^^^THIS!!!!
Stahlrosen

Postby Rosemead » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:50 pm

I like this place because the pears are .50 cents a pound cheaper.

But that is one solution.

Anyone who makes the decision to depend upon the government to take care of their basic needs has essentially doomed himself to a life of bitter disappointment.
Rosemead

Postby ForwardPreppers » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:49 pm

We have those issues in our little town that I shop in. You will often find stuff half eaten/drank or just an empty wrapper or container.
I do inspect everything that I buy. I wash off produce well and even dry it with a towel. You might want to look up ways to wash your produce without having to buy an expensive produce wash.
I do not see that issue going away, at least not in my area.

And besides food, I went into CVS the other day and was looking at makeup - found an empty box for an item that sells for $15.49, gone. I took it to the lady up front and said - You've been ripped off again. *sigh* Happens all.the.time.

Mrs FP
When a defining moment comes along, you define the moment… or the moment defines you.
ForwardPreppers
South Carolina State Moderator
South Carolina State Moderator

Postby DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:20 pm

Been watching the reports from the OC Rosemead...SD has got quite the issue.

I hear they're thinking of turning Qualcom stadium into a homeless encampment???...wow if true....SMH. That would be like a full-time Katrina event.

Recently here they cleared the Santa Ana Riverbed...OC Sheriff is currently trying to find the owners of over a thousand stolen bikes that were recovered. Some guys even built bunkers there...

Now I see everyone that was in the riverbed all over our streets/parks/shopping centers....Don't know what they thought this would accomplish but the rapes/murders/heroin abuse was growing really fast....

You can scroll thru the pictures in the second image here...http://www.ocregister.com/2017/11/10/homeless-people-pack-up-and-leave-fountain-valley-river-trail-encampment-under-county-enforcement/

In honor of RebNavy...RIP buddy. You made me smile. :)

Postby rebnavy1862 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:00 pm
Driven, are you sure you are from Kalifornia? You make a lot of sense.
Reb"Then call us Rebels if you will, we glory in the name, for bending under unjust laws and swearing faith to an unjust cause, we count as greater shame". Richmond Daily Dispatch May 12 1862
Semper Fi, Sic Semper Tyrannis, Remember The Alamo, and Aide'toi et Dieu T'aidera!
DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE

Postby Rosemead » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:22 pm

Yep,
Was in down town LA this afternoon to look at a slide gate issue, The homeless had pitched tents on the side walk, their trash had piled up and was blocking the gate. Ohh the smell, there is nothing like it.

Rosemead

Return to General California Discussion, News and Weather