• Advertisement

Who on here is currently active

Post general topics here

Moderators: cherokeenut, Crusis

Re: Who on here is currently active

Postby Lifelong Survivalist » Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:53 am

What I have discovered is that of the THOUSANDS OF REGISTERED MEMBERS here on APN, many appear in the online list from time to time who I see no posts from and are simply browsing and reading and researching and do not post replies or posts. And their are probably tens of millions of readers who are browsing as reader guests who can not post replies as they are not registered members. Many guests probably prefer to remain anonymous. Can't blame them for that, and we all know why. One two word Abbr. OPSEC. I have been informed that APN is going to be modified in some ways in the near future to improve the site, make it more user friendly ans streamline it. Take that for what ever it's worth. As we go through Spring and Summer people will be busier with more outdoor Prepping activities so you can expect time spent online from everyone members and non members alike. There is a list 24/7 of the users online which is updated every few minutes. It is at the very bottom of the Portal page. Right now I think it is just me and the [BOTS] and the guests who are not actually members. And that makes it feel like I am alone. But actually the [BOTS] have a person or persons monitoring them. So in reality I am not truly alone but the [bots] do not participate, they only observe and record and place posts on publicly accessable websites and places they were not intended by the Poster to go. And I have seen it for myself and even though I do not approve of that, there is nothing I can do about it or change it, but people should be told about that openly. It's the sneakiness that really gets me. My overall experiences online have proven to be negative ones or faulty ones or dangerous ones. In general I have a HATE/LOVE THING GOING ON WITH THE INTERNET AS A WHOLE. It's that old :D (GOOD vs. EVIL) :evil: battle. :x :-)
UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL :-)
Lifelong Survivalist

Postby peekachoo » Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:09 am

Be careful what you post. Your son may get a divorce and anything can be used against you in a court of law.
peekachoo
Colorado Preppers Network
Colorado Preppers Network

Postby pilgrimtr » Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:18 am

still here and prepping and waiting for the SHTF. pilgrim :)
if someone tell you they are an expert, be leary of them. if they tell you they are knowlagable of something.trust them. Remember an ex is a has been and a spert is a drip under pressure. :)
pilgrimtr
Florida Preppers Network
Florida Preppers Network

Postby Lifelong Survivalist » Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:04 pm

JUST LOOK AT WHERE IT STATES TOTAL NUMBER OF MEMBERS AND THEN LOOK TO SEE HOW MANY ARE ONLINE AT ANY GIVE TIME AND THEN YOU WILL KNOW. YOU WILL FIND THIS INFORMATION IN THE LEFT COLUMN OR THE VERY BOTTOM OF THE PORTAL AND INDEX BOARD PAGES, AND IN CURRENT POSTS, REPLIES AND NEW TOPIC POSTERS. IT IS A VERY SMALL PERCENTAGE OF TOTAL MEMBERSHIP SINCE THIS SITE WAS STARTED YEARS AGO. :-)
Lifelong Survivalist

Postby Lifelong Survivalist » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:46 pm

Well, just checked, total registered members states 41,838 and growing daily. 10% (4,183) active members reading might be an over estimation. Earliest copyright date of 2000 but not sure that was the year the APN site was started. Guests that have or do browse the site and read topics and posts is anyone's guess. Probably in the Millions who wish to remain guest visitors, and just glean the info. here. Owned my first home PC in Feb, 2010, and wish I had known about APN back then. Better late than never though. I have been informed that membership of active members will be updated in the near future and the site is to be streamlined. My understanding is that guests have more limitations and restrictions on viewing and browsing than registered members. :-)
Lifelong Survivalist

Postby pilgrimtr » Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:33 pm

Ok what is BOTS ? :?
if someone tell you they are an expert, be leary of them. if they tell you they are knowlagable of something.trust them. Remember an ex is a has been and a spert is a drip under pressure. :)
pilgrimtr
Florida Preppers Network
Florida Preppers Network

Postby Lifelong Survivalist » Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:25 am

Pilgrimtr, [BOTS] are computers that monitor automatically and are programmed to record info. or spy and transfer info. to it's "Master" or owner or other entity, and are used by business, governments, Internet entities, whether it is people or Data storage computers, and did I mention the Intelligence and counter Intelligence Agencies? of which their are many now. there could be a BOT that puts info. on a PC screen to be read by a person, such as NSA or homeland Security, or have a legit one do it for them. Examples: Bing Bot, yahoo Bot, Majestic 12 Bot,AOL, Chrome, Google, MSN, and probably some Hackers as well. etc. etc. The Internet is much like the Old West.......Lawless, wide open, very dangerous, and such. And we the users should be informed of that, or told about it. It is not as trustworthy as many people think it is. Some of them are just hoping that you don't understand or will not find this out, or figure it out or discover the facts. The TRUTH is out there. :-)
Lifelong Survivalist

Postby pilgrimtr » Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:10 am

thanks lifelong. It sounds like something that burrows under your skin BOTS. I guess in a way it is. pilgrim
pilgrimtr
Florida Preppers Network
Florida Preppers Network

Postby m1ghtymurs3 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:45 pm

Hey all,

If there is anybody in southern colorado looking for a group to get active with we have a growing group on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/Socopreppers/ we would love to have anybody from colorado join the group! Hope to see you there!
m1ghtymurs3

Postby idahobeef » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:06 am

Just jumped back on after a while being away TOO!
idahobeef

Postby Ecurb » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:11 am

Still alive and kicking in Broomfield...
Ecurb

Postby Attaboy » Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:11 pm

Yawn....littleton
Attaboy

Previous

Return to General Colorado Discussion, News and Weather