• Advertisement

Cyberstorm

Recommend books here

Cyberstorm

Postby Cast Iron » Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:44 am

I am about half way through it.

Small family living in an apartment in NYC.

Series of cyber attacks, possible physical attacks from Russia/China/Iran/???? at Christmas time, coinciding with a historic winter storm.

The characters are believable. The main character could be any average joe guy and family with problems.

His best friend is a prepper, and there are some stereotypes, it works enough to keep the story going.

There is some dialog discussion about the Just In Time system, logistics to keep a big city going, playing it safe or taking risks, privacy, and more. Nothing too over the top browbeating, but enough to make a point.

With the grid down, the complications compound over time, the impacts to the city unfold. Crowds of people seeking food, heat, shelter. Fires and no EMS response. No water to be had as the pumps failed or the pipes froze. Looting. Armed robbery. Neighbors trying to help each other until the supplies begin to run short.

No laundry lists of name brand items to have on hand.

No, as of yet, firefights with mind bending trick shots with AR15s while running.

Good as long as it is taken from the perspective of a non-prepper, got caught up in the situation and making the best of it.

Will post again when I finish it.

https://www.amazon.com/CyberStorm-Matth ... 2656022011
Beware of the guy with only one Cast Iron pan . . . he likely knows how to use it.
Cast Iron

Re: Cyberstorm

Postby catfeet » Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:12 am

I read it last year. Interesting premise and doesn't get bogged down by lists of things the author likes. I enjoyed that about it.
catfeet
Vermont Preppers Network
Vermont Preppers Network

Postby Cast Iron » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:43 am

Finished it.

A few interesting twists at the end.

The big take away was do not live in a big city.

Regardless of your location, SHTF, organize early.

Have contingency plans, but do not get too deep in the weeds. Keep plans detailed but simple.

Base all plans around C3 and logistics.

If possible establish a command structure.
Beware of the guy with only one Cast Iron pan . . . he likely knows how to use it.
Cast Iron

Postby DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE » Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:23 pm

also read this...Great read.
In honor of RebNavy...RIP buddy. You made me smile. :)

Postby rebnavy1862 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:00 pm
Driven, are you sure you are from Kalifornia? You make a lot of sense.
Reb"Then call us Rebels if you will, we glory in the name, for bending under unjust laws and swearing faith to an unjust cause, we count as greater shame". Richmond Daily Dispatch May 12 1862
Semper Fi, Sic Semper Tyrannis, Remember The Alamo, and Aide'toi et Dieu T'aidera!
DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE

Postby LetsPrep11 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:22 pm

Didn't even know I had this book on my kindle but, after a search, I found it. Started it last night and am about 1/4 of the way through. I love it. The story captures your attention and it's hard to put down. Looking forward to getting back into it, after chores! Great story!
LetsPrep11

Postby Dirk Williams » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:44 pm

I just found the book on my kindle aswell. Don't remember purchasing it.

Thank you, always looking for good books. Haven't been reading recently, to much going on. Need to re engage.

DW
Dirk Williams

Return to Books