• Advertisement

Join Your States Prepper Network. Click Here

Delaware Preppers Roll Call 3/06/11

Please introduce yourself here.

Delaware Preppers Roll Call 3/06/11

Postby North Idaho Patriot » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:36 pm

The American Preppers Network is conducting a network-wide roll call.

Delaware Preppers, please reply to this post and let us know what you are doing to prep.

Are you new or not sure where to start?

Here are a few tips

Networking
The APN focuses heavily on promoting our state groups at the regional and local levels, more so than most forums. Here is the State Network directory, use it to get to know and communicate with others near you.
viewforum.php?f=36

Some other things you can do:
* Check in to your states group at least once or twice a week to help keep your local groups active
* See a storm or disaster in your area? Post about it and let others know
* Find a good deal at a local merchant? Tell us about it.
* Join your local CERT teams. Each state directory has a link that lists the teams in your state.
* Join ANTS (Americans Networking To Survive) ANTS is a unique group that forms supply chains between members so that members should not have to rely on the government for emergency supplies in a disaster. Here is their website: http://www.americansnetworkingtosurvive.org/
Here is their sub-forum here on APN: viewforum.php?f=618
* Join a local survival, preparedness, or sustainable living meetup group, or start one yourself. Meetup.com is a great social network that helps you meet others near you. APN is offering for a limited time free Meetup.com pages for our Gold members who want to start local Preppers meetups. Normally these pages are $20 a month to get started but with APN Gold membership being only $5 a month you can realize a net savings of $15 a month. Here is information on the offer: viewtopic.php?f=606&t=9170

Learning
Here on the APN learning is free. Our index page (index.php) is organized and categorized so that you can browse easily by subject to find the categories you are looking for. If you dont see a topic that you are looking for you can use the search bar. If you still can't find what you are looking for, then pose a question in the appropriate category and our members are more than happy to share their knowledge.

Resources here on the forum:
* The basics section here on the forum: viewforum.php?f=616
* The Survival, preparedness, and sustainable living directory: viewforum.php?f=12

Free downloads:
* http://cd3wd.com/ (Over 4,000 titles totally over 13 gigabytes)
* http://www.preppers.info/Free_Downloads.html (Over 300 ebooks, manuals and pdfs for download or get them all on disk for free. There is a suggested donation of $2.97 to help cover shipping and handling)
* http://www.stevespages.com/page7c.htm Hundreds of military training manuals and coursebooks for download
*Here is an article on how to build your survival library for pennies on the dollar: http://www.americanpreppersnetwork.com/ ... y-for.html

Teaching
By sharing what you know on how to prepare, survive, or live sustainable you are helping others to become more self-reliant in the process. "Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, feed him for a lifetime." The more prepared everyone is and the more self-reliant everyone is, the freer we all are. When the unprepared become prepared they are no longer a liability for everyone else. Understand the difference between being in a disaster where there is only one able bodied person who is prepared and 10 who are unprepared vs a disaster where there are 10 prepared and only one who is in need. An unprepared populace that is dependent on the Government means less freedom for YOU. Do you see how you can "Find Freedom Through Teaching Others Self-Reliance"?

Some things you can do:
*Share your knowledge on these forums. You may find it to be a fair and equitable barter when you do. If are able to learn something from others here, then repay the favor by sharing with them what you know.
*Contribute articles to the blogs. The APN and state blogs are member and reader contributed blogs. We are holding a weekly contest now: viewtopic.php?f=606&t=9086
*Attend the local meetups if there are any in your community and teach your skills.

Do you have most of the bases covered already? Then reply to this post and tell us what you've been doing to prepare. You may inspire others to try something new. Good luck and Prep On!
North Idaho Patriot
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Delaware Preppers Roll Call 3/06/11

Postby ShannonRose » Sat May 28, 2011 9:44 am

Hi :)
So, I'll probably be the only one checking in here. lol. Hopefully in the future there will be more delaware preppers. So far I've been stocking up on first aid supplies and things of that nature. I don't have my own place as of yet, so there is only so much I can do right now.
ShannonRose

Postby yelolabde » Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:41 pm

Beans, bullets, bandages.
yelolabde

Postby chefprepper » Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:46 pm

Chefprepper from Delaware here.I hope to chat with other Delaware preppers. It doesn't look like there are many. Anyway, I have been prepping for a few months only, but have accomplished quite a bit in that time. I have an excellent water source with hand pump, filtering system, 500 gallons of backup storage, and even solar for hot water. I work in the food industry, so I have access to 5 gallon buckets for storing long term food and also access to wholesale food distibuters for cheap. Give a shout and say hello!
chefprepper
Delaware Preppers Network
Delaware Preppers Network

Postby Kayleen » Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:09 pm

I am checking in. I have just begun to do my research, decide on which supplies to buy and formulate a plan. I have set up a basement storage area and have begun collecting food supplies. I also have a very basic BOB that I will be adding to in the coming weeks.
Kayleen

Postby Vince and Dori » Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:20 pm

Hello,
My husband and I are Signing into roll call. We have just begun to get ready. We have some can goods,blankets,coats, and plan on stocking up on medical supplies, canned meats etc.
I will finish this so I can go and introduce us to all of you.Glad to be here and hope to meet some of you very soon.
Sincerely,
Dori
Vince and Dori

Return to Check In Here Delaware Preppers