• Advertisement

Epcot Center

Post General Florida topics here

Moderator: medic94

Epcot Center

Postby Photon Guy » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:53 am

I was recently at a two day prepper expo in Lakeland which is about an hour from Orlando. On my way back, I just had to spend a day in Epcot, a top tourist attraction and one of my favorite places and since I was in the area it made sense to go. Besides, the lines weren't all that long since the place wasn't that crowded so I didn't even need to use any fast passes. Anyway, some of the rides and displays contain stuff that might be useful to a prepper. In some of them they talk about stuff such as solar power and different forms of energy and how we make use of them. Some of their other rides are about gardening and hydroponics and you even get to see the produce they grow on site, all sorts of interesting plants that produce edible stuff, everything from giant lemons to winter melons. So Epcot does have some stuff that a prepper might be interested in.

Aside from that, though, they've also got the world showcase where they have sections that are devoted to all these different foreign countries. They even have the American showcase which talks about the history of this country and it covers events such as the Great Depression which has been discussed on this forum. But overall, Epcot is just a fun place to visit.
Photon Guy

Re: Epcot Center

Postby anita » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:12 pm

We did the backstage tour (or whatever it's called) at The Land exhibit several years ago. The give extensive discussion to hydroponics and gardening. I wasn't much of a prepper at that point, but it gave me some good gardening ideas.
In honor of RebNavy: "Then call us Rebels if you will, we glory in the name, for bending under unjust laws and swearing faith to an unjust cause, we count as greater shame". Richmond Daily Dispatch May 12 1862

Semper Fi, Sic Semper Tyrannis, Remember The Alamo, and Aide'toi et Dieu T'aidera!
anita

Postby Myakka » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:25 pm

photon, wish I had seen you. I was there Sunday with the group from the florida prepping website.

Years ago I had a group of friends who "wrote" role playing games as a team. We had one game that dealt with an apocalyptic collapse. In our version, Disney closed the gates and became a city unto itself (which is entirely easily done).
[i]"Oh, America. I wish I could tell you that this was still America, but I've come to realize that you can't have a country without people. And there are no people here. No, my friends. This is now the United States of Zombieland"
[/i]

Skills beats Stuff!
Myakka
Florida Preppers Network
Florida Preppers Network

Postby Tonketa » Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:22 am

Myakka, I think I saw you. I actually had a sticker on that said, "Hi, my name is....Tonketa". Was hoping someone from the forum would recognize, but sadly, noone did.
Tonketa
Florida Preppers Network
Florida Preppers Network

Postby Photon Guy » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:21 pm

Well anyway, I was back at Epcot this past December the 31st for New Years. I must say they really know how to celebrate New Years, they absolutely light up the sky with fireworks. So, New Years is one of their busiest and most crowded if not the busiest and most crowded time for Epcot. Talk about zombie crowds. I heard Magic Kingdom was even worse. I will say I am not too pleased with the hotel that I made reservations with. I had a room booked and they told me they would have the key waiting for me outside taped to the key drop box, it wasn't there. I ended up sleeping in my car in the parking lot.
Photon Guy

Return to Florida Discussion, News and Weather