• Advertisement

Roll Call for November 27, 2010

Please introduce yourself here.

Moderator: Ravenwood1950

Roll Call for November 27, 2010

Postby Ravenwood1950 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:17 am

Hope everyone had a nice holiday and time with family and friends. Check in with us and let us know all is well. Don't forget the meeting coming up on Dec 18th at noon at the Cracker Barrel Exit 99 on I-85 north. Find that post on the Georgia Meet up Thread and post your attendance there. Hoping to see lots of new faces and continue planning for our State.
Stay Warm,
Ravenwood
Spalding County, Georgia
Region 3 South Metro Area
Emergency Preparedness - spanning the gap between "it won't happen to me" and "we're all going to die!"
Ravenwood1950
Georgia State Moderator
Georgia State Moderator

Re: Roll Call for November 27, 2010

Postby philandjudi » Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:00 pm

Thanksgiving fried turkey went off without a hitch until the wife let the Chocolate Lab out on the porch with the cooled oil on the fish cooker. yep. cleaned up with baking soda then hot water and tide mix. Dog didn't get a drop on it. 3.5 gal peanut oil gone.
Preps:
Rucksack Swiss Army Knife
10 LED lights for $10 @ Home Depot.
Sugar.
“A few honest men are better than numbers.”
—Oliver Cromwell (Patriots p16)

"The Eighth Commandment. Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor."
philandjudi
Georgia Preppers Network
Georgia Preppers Network

Postby farside » Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:37 pm

Hey Y'all! It's been a crazy week. Spend most of my time working on the family SOP. I got three chapters done. I think! I'll the kids read them for changes and comments. Didn't do any yard saling this week. I did buy some ammo at Dicks on Black Friday. I went at noon. No way I'm going out at 3 or4 am like the wife.

If I keep readng PAW story about a nuke atack and listening to the news. Next thing you know, I'll be digging a big hole in the back yard. And the wife is going to have me commited.
IDEAS ARE A DIME A DOZEN - PEOPLE WHO PUT THEM INTO ACTION ARE PRICELESS.
South Metro Region
State Counsel Chairman
Retired Combat Infantry NCO
farside
Georgia Preppers Network
Georgia Preppers Network

Postby philandjudi » Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:56 pm

Farside
Sounds as if you are "commited" to prepparing for your family. Way to go.
Phil

"The Eighth Commandment. Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor."
philandjudi
Georgia Preppers Network
Georgia Preppers Network

Postby phartech72 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:26 pm

Lots has happen this week.I worked most of the week and Thanksgiving took it toll. I finally got my husband on board he even help out Friday going to get cheap ammo at Dicks and Academy. Still storing food and water.
Region 6,Jones County
phartech72

Postby icequeen » Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:00 pm

Hey all,

Well, my only purchases on Black Friday were 24 canning jars. I found an Army surplus store at some exit off of I-24 in TN. They had some MREs and heaters on sale. I only bought six of the MREs because I couldn't understand the expiration dates. Now that I'm home they were either manufactured in 2010, 2000 or 1990! I'm hoping for 2010 but it's more likely 2000. And the heaters were made in 1979. I wonder if any of this stuff is still good.
icequeen
Georgia Preppers Network
Georgia Preppers Network

Postby medic72 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:29 pm

i haven't bought anything yet :( been clearing woods for another chicken run and hen house. plowing the new plots and getting ready for the cold :)
Master Mason
U.S Paratrooper
NREMT-Paramedic
Region 12 Leader
medic72
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Location: Townsend (southeast) Georgia/Mcintosh County/ Region 12

Postby Zguns » Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:43 pm

Hope everyone had a happy thanksgiving im new to this site and am still trying to figure everything out ive been prepping for 3 years now and live in west georgia. Its nice to hear other people in georgia preparing.I put a tin roof on the chicken coop this last weekend and i try to do two things a week to make my self a little more prepared baby steps add up quick.. I also found a great place to take your guns to be worked on in marietta Ga. Deercreek Gunshop.. They have been there 28 years and our a family business they are the real deal with reloading supplies, black powder, parts and pretty much everything check them out. :gunsmile:
Zguns

Postby Ravenwood1950 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:29 pm

Welcome Zguns,
Glad to have you here!! Wish I were closer to you and I would be buying some of your fresh eggs weekly!! Jump right in...and be sure to note our scheduled meeting on Dec 18th...check the Georgia Meet Ups thread for info.
Ravenwood
Spalding County, Georgia
Region 3 South Metro Area
Emergency Preparedness - spanning the gap between "it won't happen to me" and "we're all going to die!"
Ravenwood1950
Georgia State Moderator
Georgia State Moderator

Postby farside » Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:21 pm

Zguns welcome from Jonesboro! What city are you near? We are tring to promot prepper meeting, working together and helping each other. We are having monthly lunch meeting and are planning a group bug out for this coming spring. All preppers are welcome to participate in the learning, teaching and doing.
Farside
IDEAS ARE A DIME A DOZEN - PEOPLE WHO PUT THEM INTO ACTION ARE PRICELESS.
South Metro Region
State Counsel Chairman
Retired Combat Infantry NCO
farside
Georgia Preppers Network
Georgia Preppers Network

Postby medic72 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:06 am

welcome zguns from se georgia!
Master Mason
U.S Paratrooper
NREMT-Paramedic
Region 12 Leader
medic72
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Location: Townsend (southeast) Georgia/Mcintosh County/ Region 12

Postby TreeCowboy » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:25 pm

Me Checking in. Just found this sight and thought I'd give it a shot. Hope to meet yall on the 18th.
TreeCowboy

Postby philandjudi » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:44 pm

Welcome Zguns & TreeCowboy. Hope ya'll make a meeting soon.

philandjudi
Georgia Preppers Network
Georgia Preppers Network

Postby Zguns » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:24 pm

hey everyone thanks for the welcome! Marietta is a city close to me looking forward to the meetups!
Zguns

Postby 8greenbeans » Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:46 pm

Well, we're here. It's been a rough Thanksgiving and subsequent week. First, my childhood best friend's dad passed away on Thanksgiving morning. Her mom is on dialysis 3x a week and her sister is lazy and won't help take her to dialysis but lives on the same street, so my friend who lives in another city has to get up at 4:30 to take her and then go back home to get boys ready for school, then back to take her mom home.
Second, while at the funeral my mom calls and tells me that she's had to call the ambulance again for my father. They had just released him from the hospital 1 week prior after being there for a month. He's just had one thing after another since his heart attack nearly 2 years ago... a bleeding ulcer in the middle of the intestines that led them to find kidney cancer, which led them to find an encapsulated object in his lung, then a hernia, right back in for an emergency surgery because the hernia surgeon didn't make sure he was not bleeding any longer (he's on blood thinners) and he developed a large pocket of coagulated blood, during that surgery his intestines were pulled and torn due to adhesions and swelling which led to abscesses since they didn't know about it.... I can't even begin to tell you the month of hockey that was getting the abscesses under control. Then just suddenly out of the blue they released him. Since then he's gotten so dehydrated that he went into acute renal failure. He's thankfully back in the hospital.
Third, my cousin's wife, whom I'm close with, just had surgery for Stage 3 cervical cancer. So far all looks like it went well.
There's a few other small, minor things going on, too, but they pale in comparison to the above.

On another note, I should be attending the meet up on the 18th.

USMC Veteran
Army Daughter
USAF Mama
USN Niece
MrBean's Wife
8 Beans (28b, 24b, 23b, 22g, 20g, 17g, 15b, 13g)
2+3 GrandBeans (2yob, 1yob, & due Oct '16, Dec '16, & Feb '17)
3 Beans-in-law (28g, 22g, & 21b)
8greenbeans

Next

Return to Check In Here Georgia Preppers