• Advertisement

Redistributing the wealth is here, SB 16, READ UP...

Post general Illinois topics here

Redistributing the wealth is here, SB 16, READ UP...

Postby Rgearhead » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:51 pm

Yep, Im a Burb dweller , about 15 miles out side ChiTcago....there is a senate bill 16 (sb16) that passed the Senate and is to be voted on in the house this fall, It's a feel good bill for spring field, they want to fix poor area's school inequality ...State school funding in Illinois is one of the lowest in the nation, only around 30% comes from the state for schools, the rest is from local peoples property taxes....I pay over 6k in property taxes now and my school district ranks pretty decent today...

well the plan with sb16 is to take 95% of that pittance of 30% and redirect it to poor city schools, sounds great''' they do not want to touch their state slush funds or pork belly cash o la to in crease that 30% to help poor school districts, just take what little us working middle class gets from the state and redirect it...

if State Senators made widgets and sold them on street corners to have state money , Ok .... but where does the state get this awesome cash.... Ya, mostly middle class family's spending and paying taxes on all goods n services, so Ya it's our money....

well a sharp Neighbor Chafee crunched the #s for my school district and 9 others around us, and it's insane, my district would have to cut 84 positions or raise my taxes 14% which would be another $900 a year..

after reading about agenda 21 and recently reading redistributing the wealth, then seeing this bill, I was like there it is right at my front door....I made a bunch of calls to Illinois senators office's stating this is NO way to fix the problem...
I feel this will not improve inner city schools that are gang infested, all the money in the world cant fix stupid, but it will try bring down decent burban' schools, there lie's your equality ...

http://www.edgeillinois.com/

http://southtownstar.suntimes.com/news/ ... BcmCpRdXgJ
Rgearhead

Re: Redistributing the wealth is here, SB 16, READ UP...

Postby Gunns » Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:54 pm

I feel for you man. I really do.

I left Mn do to many liberal policies. There comes a time when you finally say enough is enough and you vote with your feet.
Gunns
Texas Preppers Network
Texas Preppers Network

Postby Drakenstead1 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:05 pm

Hey Gunns good to hear that you're still kickin after your retreat from The Soviet of Minnesota. Rgearhead is pointing out the situation that many of us are facing now and that all of us will be facing soon. No Place to Run to Then Gunns. or as the song says ",,,wacha gonna do when they come for you? " I've found that contacting my "elected representatives" is worse than useless. The Republicans are just as bad as the Democrats in my experience. Seems to me that they operate based on the idea that the advice of their experts and non-government agencies is more important than input from the folks that elected them. Bleeding tax money from areas that are supported by extorted tax money taken from working people while shouting that they are "helping the middle class" is as common as dirt and just as filthy. Then they distribute it to other areas in the name of "fairness" without being challenged or kicked out of office.
Another good example of this can be seen in Highway development here in MN. They keep building round abouts which are universally hated. Our representatives bow to the experts that work for the DOT who were educated in how cool those Euro round about things are and make stupid excuses to us the voters just like they do in defending "fairness" in Rgearhead's case.
There is a solution but naming it directly will cause several sets of boxer shorts and panties to become soiled and get those of us who mention it at best censored and at worst banned from this and other forums.
The roots of the Tree of Liberty are in need of a serious watering. The drought is spreading and we have a solution at hand.
Question is when to implement and how to organize it. Time for some High Caliber People to do some High Caliber Voting & throw the bums all out
Drakenstead1

Postby Blondie » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:28 pm

Gunns wrote:There comes a time when you finally say enough is enough and you vote with your feet.

Gunns, two of the smartest men I've met in my life were Marines. Their ability to perceive an event and build a strategy around it was nothing less than amazing.

One was a co worker. He once said to me "your role in this life is to see what the game is (whoever is running that particular game) and then beat them at it".

I was angry that life wasn't fair. Then I got over it. ;)
Living In A Powder Keg & Giving Off Sparks
Blondie

Postby Rgearhead » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:20 pm

I hear you Drake, one day soon the well will run dry, then what''
Rgearhead

Postby ohiofarmer » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:42 pm

We will be better off. This smoke screen has to need. Farmer
ohiofarmer
Ohio Preppers Network
Ohio Preppers Network

Postby Illini Warrior » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:07 pm

you realize this has been floated 50-60 times previously in modern times .... it gets voted down each and every time ..... Chicago wants more of the state tax money .... nothing new
Illini Warrior
Illini Warrior

Postby Bubba J » Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:39 am

Raising taxes by 14% will just make people leave the city. Then what will they do?
“Men go to far greater lengths to avoid what they fear than to obtain what they desire.”
Bubba J
Texas Preppers Network
Texas Preppers Network

Postby Pedro wyoming » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:23 am

Bubba is right. The solution to this for Illinois taxpayers is incredibly obvious and simple...Vote With Your Feet!
If those folks in failing states simply left, taking all their wealth, however small, then the rapidly dwindling tax base would force the shepherds of the failing state to rethink their decades of bad management. Not just unjust taxes, but any foolish behaviour or onerous legal actions. NY state and it's absurd laws on self defense tools is one example.

The reset button would be pushed a whole lot sooner.

pW

ETA, for those that think that the empty jobs would be filled with cheaper labour, you are probably right. However, this would lead to more "eligible" people demanding their "fairshare"
“It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change that survives.” Charles Darwin
Iמנא ,מנא, תקל, ופרסי
אלוהים
Pedro wyoming
Wyoming Preppers Network
Wyoming Preppers Network

Postby Gunns » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:35 am

Blondie wrote:
Gunns wrote:There comes a time when you finally say enough is enough and you vote with your feet.

Gunns, two of the smartest men I've met in my life were Marines. Their ability to perceive an event and build a strategy around it was nothing less than amazing.

One was a co worker. He once said to me "your role in this life is to see what the game is (whoever is running that particular game) and then beat them at it".

I was angry that life wasn't fair. Then I got over it. ;)

I get it. The only thing left for me in Mn was to get out. I had control over only what I could call my own. So I sold it all and left. My employer is from Chicago and I lived in Mn. Paying Mn state taxes. Now I am in Texas and pay no Mn taxes. That was the only thing left in my control and I took it from them. It may be small but it was big for us. Plus I wanted to live in Texas.
Gunns
Texas Preppers Network
Texas Preppers Network

Postby Rgearhead » Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:58 pm

Bubba J wrote:Raising taxes by 14% will just make people leave the city. Then what will they do?

city" you mean Chicago'' Nah it would be pig heaven, they would be the ones to receive this cash win fall, Its take form the Middle class areas and redistribute, see then those areas (middle class )would have one of two things to do , loose a ton of school staff and wath there schools ranking go in the toilet or raise taxes to stay even keel with decent schools...
Rgearhead

Postby Rgearhead » Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:04 pm

Illini Warrior wrote:you realize this has been floated 50-60 times previously in modern times .... it gets voted down each and every time ..... Chicago wants more of the state tax money .... nothing new

Yes, so ignore it ? once again is coming to a vote ??? sit quietly ?? If it is to pass and become Law, then we say Hell no'' emm but it's law, want to repeal a cash cow law ?? emm ok.......
Rgearhead

Return to Illinois Discussion, News and Weather