• Advertisement

New Jersey Preppers Roll Call 11/26

Welcome to the News Jersey Preppers Newtwork Forum. Please introduce yourself here

Moderator: jesscott98

New Jersey Preppers Roll Call 11/26

Postby North Idaho Patriot » Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:05 am

New Jersey Preppers, Check in and let us know what you've been doing lately to prep.
North Idaho Patriot
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: New Jersey Preppers Roll Call 11/26

Postby jesscott98 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:10 pm

Checking In..........Building new shelves for all the "stuff" the wife canned this fall.
What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
Pray for Sunshine, but build dikes.
jesscott98
New Jersey State Moderator

Postby hikenlightguy » Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:26 pm

Hello all......Checking in from NE/Central Jersey, Exit 130's-GSP area. Not many of us here, huh?? Been out of work WAY too long, but have been putting my spare time to good use. Been expanding food storage and just purchased a 16qt used canner for $20.00 !! Plan on starting to can after the 1st of the year. It's funny, I really don't see or know of ANYONE who is even concerned about all this is coming down the pike!! I know what my gut tells me to do, that 'lil voice' that has been keeping me safe for many years...... But sometimes, as I see folks so uninformed/not caring about all in incoming issues, that the question of doubt surfaces and I wonder IF I'm over reacting. :?
hikenlightguy

Postby magstudio » Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:19 am

Hello back. New here. You are not alone. It's just a matter of reaching out as on these specific sites. There are more and more people waking up and tired of the "status quo", and ignoring some real issues.
I have been doing the food storage and all the etc's. With the winter, I am literally spring cleaning and seeing what I am going to toss and what is staying. I am an artist, returned to college the past 7 years and now that it is done, finding a teaching position is tough. Also looking in museums.
Working two partime jobs that pay partime pay. Township taxes are up to the roof, and not listening to any of the who-ha blah blah coming down the pike from any mainstream media outlet or government...lies. Lies, lies, lies, yeah.
I am a gardener and I am readying to start seedlings soon. Have done canning in the past and want to get back to it again. I have been investigating and would like to learn more about cb and ham radio equipment and operations when I have the extra cash or find a barter opening.
Well, that's all for now. Ciao. Peace out.
magstudio

Postby jesscott98 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:06 am

Hey guys, your never alone on this site. And no, preparing is not over reacting. It's just being prepared, something we teach our Boy Scouts to be everyday. Keeping a 30-90 day supply of food and medicine on hand is an inexpensive and smart thing to do given the performance of our government over the last decade or so in times of emergencies.

Exit 130? Iselin, Edison? somewhere around there? I work in Newark so I get around a little. Anywho, feel free to share your prepping issues or stories, sharing is caring as they say.

:)
What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
Pray for Sunshine, but build dikes.
jesscott98

Postby tppatriot » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:12 pm

NJ Preppers-
Just getting familiar with the group(s) since joining in Dec. 2011. Ordered an 8x8 garage for storage. "prepping" the ground for delivery by the end of the month.

Coming out with some helpful products & KITS (oh no) soon, hopefully this spring. My book is in the editing (yuck) stage; got up to 40 pages now. Surgery will halt this. I only got 2 good fingers as it is, lol.

Just my 2cents on "being prepared" - I see it like this, we buy life insurance but want to live; we wear seatbelts, but obey the rules; I "prepare" but trust in the Lord.
Instructor/ Lecturer/ Author
Arthur Noren
tppatriot

Return to Check In Here New Jersey Preppers