• Advertisement

Monthly NJ Roll Call

Discuss General New Jersey Topics Here.

Moderator: jesscott98

Monthly NJ Roll Call

Postby kilroyjc » Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:49 pm

Seeing as how we are few and far between here in the Garden State (And we all know they are really called "YARDS", not gardens! :rofl: ) I think a monthly check-in would be a good idea.

This way we can bet to know our fellow NJ Preppers a bit better, see who is active and if anyone needs support, maybe work on ANTS?

Frankly, I know that NJ will absolutely SUCK when SHTF, so here more than most places we need to do more, both personally and to try to get more people involved in prepping. Maybe it can suck less? Naw. . .

SO: Mouseketeer Roll Call!

Who's here? What exit? :p And how ya doin'?
"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury refilled, public debt reduced, the arrogance of officialdom tempered, and assistance to foreign lands curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance."

Cicero 55 BC
kilroyjc
New Jersey Preppers Network

Re: Monthly NJ Roll Call

Postby kilroyjc » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:47 pm

<bump>
"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury refilled, public debt reduced, the arrogance of officialdom tempered, and assistance to foreign lands curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance."

Cicero 55 BC
kilroyjc

Postby kilroyjc » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:28 am

C'mon guys - really?

This is the best we can do here?

It's getting awfully lonely here. . .

:dots:

Cicero 55 BC
kilroyjc

Postby North Idaho Patriot » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:03 am

I posted this on the NJ blog, maybe that will reach more people for the roll call.
http://www.newjerseypreppersnetwork.com ... -call.html

The blog posts seem to help.
North Idaho Patriot
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby brewboss » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:22 pm

present!
brewboss

Postby kilroyjc » Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:56 pm

Thanks NIP!

Thumbs up to brewboss for being the first check in!!!!

Cicero 55 BC
kilroyjc

Postby hikenlightguy » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:12 pm

Well have all five of us have checked in.....??? LOL Not much new, continuing my job hunt and watching the sales flyers @ Shop-Rite!! Plugging along, still got my head above the water line. Keep prepping.......
hikenlightguy

Postby kilroyjc » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:20 pm

I was starting to worry, HLG - I thought you'd be first!

Cicero 55 BC
kilroyjc

Postby North Idaho Patriot » Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:58 pm

I guess I could check in, been spending the last couple days driving through New Jersey.
North Idaho Patriot
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby kilroyjc » Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:25 am

And what brings you to this wonderful <cough HACK SPIT> state? :floppytongue:

And how do you like the efficient highway system & courteous drivers? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

This would be such a great place if it weren't so screwed up. . .

Cicero 55 BC
kilroyjc

Postby North Idaho Patriot » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:14 am

Not nearly as bad as NYC, I spent 5 hours trying to get through NYC to the NJ turnpike yesterday. (Those people are SOL when SHTF, If traffic is that bad on a good day, I can only imagine what that city would be like when SHTF)

I drive a truck, so I go just about anywhere.
North Idaho Patriot
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby kilroyjc » Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:52 pm

You're lucky it was yesterday and not today, with the Great Friday-in-the-Summer Exodus!

And people think I am joking when I say "hunker in the bunker"!

I am about a 15-minute walk from the west end of the Holland Tunnel - you can almost see my house from the NJTPKE ramp. . . I am so screwed!

NIP - next time you are out this way PM me & I'll give you my contact info, just in case a situation ever arises.

Cicero 55 BC
kilroyjc

Postby Sica777 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:26 pm

dl
Sica777

Postby kilroyjc » Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:09 am

Sica777 wrote:South Jersey checkin in.

I don't come on here much anymore cause there aren't many of us and the threads don't change that often. Tired of sitting around the house.

Well, I am hoping that we can change that, but it'll only happen if people participate. I know that I post a lot on the national & other state fora, for exactly the same reasons, but we are in a tougher situation here in NJ than most other states.

So--- The only way to make the NJ State Network better is if WE make it better!

Sica777 wrote:Time for work to pick back up so I can make some loot. It's hard to prep when you are eating it faster than you can afford to buy it. LOL

Every week I buy twenty dollars worth of dry beans. It adds up! You gotta do what you can, even if it is the seven dollar case of ramen once a month - anything is better than nothing!

HANG IN THERE!!!!

Cicero 55 BC
kilroyjc

Postby Pineygirl » Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:36 am

Pineygirl here, exit 69. I will try to log in more often. Still trying to coax something out of the garden/yard. Lots of peppers this year, have frozen quite a few. Other than that only the grape tomatoes are starting to ripen.

How is anyone else's garden doing?
Pineygirl

Next

Return to New Jersey Discussion, News and Weather