• Advertisement

Join Your States Prepper Network. Click Here

Looking to Form a MAG

Post Indiana meetups and events here

Moderators: roolu, momtomany, natesday

Looking to Form a MAG

Postby HoosierPrepper » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:44 pm

I am looking to form a MAG locally: Lafayette/West Lafayette, Logansport, Kokomo, Russiaville, Rossville, Frankfort or the general area. Would like to meet like minded families and individuals to create a Mutual Aid Group to come together to form a community after any disaster be it natural, man made, economical, or whatever else. If you're interested please let me know. Thanks!
HoosierPrepper

Re: Looking to Form a MAG

Postby fenix137 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:45 pm

greetings hoosier P. I am slightly east of Logansport. I have noticed there is not a lot of networking for the northern mid central area K county, Fulton, Miami, Cass pulaski. But yet the whole northern part of indiana is covered. I am very interested in meeting and forming networks and allies in these areas. Maybe we can get something going?
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects! "Lazarus Long"
fenix137

Postby indyprepper71 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:06 am

I live in the Carroll County area been looking for others in my area. Found a previous post and those folks are also in the same areas might want to get with them as well see what we can do.

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=30234

Tippecanoe

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=30614

Benton/ White
indyprepper71

Postby KokomoKommando » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:32 pm

Hey i live in Russiaville
KokomoKommando

Postby lottius » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:05 am

Hello Everyone,

We live on the White/Benton county line and like many of you have been seeking out others to network with for prepping/MAG skills. My wife and I have been prepping/homesteading for about a year, and have become pretty good with food store skills (canning, dehydrating, smoking, etc.) and are always learning other skills. We know there are probably many others out there, but it would be fun to get some sort of group going. My wife and I had talked about it before and want to see if anyone here would be interested in getting a core group of us to start something that would encompass basically Tippecanoe and surrounding counties, since I know NW Indiana and Indy are already pretty well established. I've recently been trading emails with indyprepper71, and maybe we can start something a bit more coherent. Feel free to email me at lottius@gmail.com--I'm a computer geek so I'm pretty easy to reach there. Maybe we can set up an informal meet and greet somewhere central like Lafayette or such, at least to say Hi and trade some info.
lottius
Indiana Preppers Network
Indiana Preppers Network

Postby deerlady1112 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:28 pm

Hello all. Grant County here. My husband and I are looking for any EXPO's that might be within a couple hours driving distance from here. Have you guys heard of any?

Lottius...have you been doing "cold" smoking? We want to learn more about that. We are fixing to get us a couple of pigs and are interested in smoking the meat. Any good reading suggestions?
Man is civilized as long as he is comfortable.
deerlady1112

Postby lottius » Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:16 pm

Hello Deerlady1112,

I've mostly been doing hot and warm smoking so far, my Father had a warm/cold smoking setup made from an old washing machine cabinet and a length of culvert. Used to put out some of the best smoked salmon/coho I've ever had (they were in Laporte County, used to get a lot of Lake Michigan fish around Michigan City). I'd like to build one, but since we live in a rented farmhouse, not sure the landlord would go for it. I have a book my Sweetie bought me on anything and everything you'd think of on smoking, they have some awesome ideas.

Thanks,
Lotti
lottius
Indiana Preppers Network
Indiana Preppers Network

Postby SarahLPN » Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:02 pm

Finally was able to jump back on here. Thanks Indyprepper and lotti for contacting me. Myself and my husband are interested in a informal meet and greet, whether it be over coffee or dinner. I admit new to this but have been reading/working on things as time allows, but definitely am not well versed. Look forward to hearing from ya'll.
By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail. -Benjamin Franklin
SarahLPN

Postby lottius » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:40 pm

Hello All,

It's been a while since anybody has posted here, and I know there is still some interest out there. While it is true that it seems that everybody lately has gone underground, I'd still like to have a get together/meet & greet to meet up with others in the area to exchange ideas. My initial suggestion is to meet up in Delphi, Frankfort, or Lafayette since they are sort of central to the people in this thread (maybe we can rotate locations over time). So, what does everyone think? Should we try to setup for a casual meet on a weekend evening towards the end of February, or sometime in March (hopefully the weather will cooperate). Sound off either here, or contact me at lottius@gmail.com.

Thanks,
Lotti
lottius
Indiana Preppers Network
Indiana Preppers Network

Postby lottius » Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:42 pm

Hello All,

Haven't been on the site in a while, would like to know if anything came out of starting this MAG or even an informal meet and greet of like minded people.

Lotti
lottius
Indiana Preppers Network
Indiana Preppers Network

Postby Darkhorse Jim » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:34 pm

I am interested. Doesn't seem like there has been much activity other than us, but that's a start.

Jim
Jim
Nous Defiones
Darkhorse Jim

Return to Indiana Meetups