• Advertisement

Join Your States Prepper Network. Click Here

Iowa Preppers Roll Call 1/15/2012

Please introduce yourself here

Moderator: IowaPatriot

Re: Iowa Preppers Roll Call 1/15/2012

Postby cedarcreekin » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:29 pm

New member from near the Quad-Cities checking in. Hi folks!
cedarcreekin

Postby GaiusFlavius » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:46 pm

Cedarcreek, Pirategypsy is also from the Quad City area. Ever think of you two having a meet up in your part of the state?
GaiusFlavius
Iowa Preppers Network
Iowa Preppers Network

Postby btam13 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:01 pm

Des Moines here.
btam13

Postby GaiusFlavius » Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:18 pm

Welcome all you new members, we are trying to have a statewide meet up in April Be sure to watch the Iowa Forums.

John
GaiusFlavius
Iowa Preppers Network
Iowa Preppers Network

Postby IaMike » Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:17 pm

New here.
Soon to be relocated to N.E. Iowa.
Checking in from North of Waterloo.
Adding to to what I have learned daily.
Hoping to link up with others.
IaMike
Iowa Preppers Network
Iowa Preppers Network

Postby Riobard469 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:28 pm

Checking in from Des Moines. So glad to finally be here. Thank you for the invite .. GaiusFlavius. Hopefully I can contribute as much as I learn here. I'm not a shy person and would love to talk with anyone and everyone. Thanks again.
Thanks & Keep Prepping!
Riobard469
Iowa Preppers Network
Iowa Preppers Network

Postby GaiusFlavius » Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:08 am

Iamike and rionbarb. Welcome aboard guys. I was just at a fantastic meet up in the Omaha area tonight. I'd like to see the same all over Iowa. Remember April 28 at 4:00pm at the Golden Corral, 1312 S. Story St, Boone, IA for the first Iowa Statewide Meet Up. If you know anyone else that is interested, bring them along. Should be a good time. If you need more info or pubs just email me.

John
gaiusflavius@msn.com
GaiusFlavius
Iowa Preppers Network
Iowa Preppers Network

Postby jfrank85 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:48 am

Hey all,

My names John, originally from Florida, College in New York, and now I'm posted at Ft. Bliss deployed to Afghanistan. I am 26 years old and single. I'm an engineer officer. Really always been interested in being a prepper, but only recently realized there were so many opportunities to join up with some like minded folks out there.

What would make me worth having in a group is I'm a United States Military Academy graduate, a black belt in traditional Jiu Jitsu, I've worked as an Infantry Platoon Leader, and a Recon Company Executive Officer. I've done 2 weeks of tactical carbine and pistol training at the US Training Center (Black Water). I hobby at gardening. I am a quick learning and easy to train.

I'm working on my Masters in Sports and Health Sciences. My BS is in pre-law with a minor in Enviormental Engineering.

I'm not super religious, nor am I a militia nut. I think I'm looking for a normal group of folks that I click with and want a good younger guy on their team. I'm not set on a location, really I just need some guidance on where I can be successful, and I like the mid-west is where I'm going to endup. After i find the right group i'll steer my career there.

I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this but I figured I'd give it a first shot.

Thanks.
John
jfrank85

Postby meythar » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:16 pm

Hi! First time here, just registered and am SO happy to see Iowa is well represented.

We live in what I think you'd consider sc Iowa...Amish/Mennonite country. :) Just purchased our home here in November and are beginning to prepare.
meythar

Postby Jean » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:46 pm

We are from Madison Co. Just found this web site and am interested. Interesting. Looking forward to hearing from others in Iowa and hoping to meet up with some of you in Boone on April 28th
Jean
Jean

Postby Bruhas832 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:41 pm

Checking in from Des Moines (Pleasant Hill).
Getting the garden going this spring sparked some new energy into my prepping.
Stocking up on seeds as I see deals... also re-evaluating water supply at the moment.

Glad to find this forum :)
Bruhas832

Postby ADV1 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:46 pm

OK.. Nebraska guy checking in... I'm in Sales and I cover Western Iowa. Would be nice to find some like minded folks along the western side in case I would need short term help while on the road in an event. I'd be doing everything I could to get back to my family or our rondevu point if SHTF but you never know what lies ahead.
ADV1
Nebraska Preppers Network
Nebraska Preppers Network

Postby freedomfox » Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:35 pm

Hello from S.E. Iowa. Been absent a long time. Working on getting back on track. If there is anyone in Iowa interested in being the Iowa Moderator that would be great. I was very active when I started and tried to encourage activity and participation. That did not really happen. I had some personal things going on and the APN was not a comfortable place for me for a bit. I am open to suggestions if they are well intended and open communication. I am in the final months of my Master's Degree program. I should be done this June. After that time will be more open for me. I am also a single Mom. At the present life has been top priority. I am here though and still prepping. My father died in November (I am an only child). A lot of details there. As it turns out I get my prepper genes from him so my preps and weapons increased drastically after cleaning out his home in Arizona. That is the story. I garden and am currently trying to move out into the country more. Blessings....I apologize for my absence and welcome any Iowa involvement you have to offer. Peace, Freedom Fox
"If you don't want to go with crazy firepower, a lever action shoots fast and has enough jam to drop two-legged varmints. Plus you can reload one round at a time between shots. No, scratch that. I'd like you to have as much firepower as you can get." From a Good friend...
freedomfox
Iowa Preppers Network
Iowa Preppers Network

Postby freedomfox » Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:55 pm

Hey_Shei wrote:haha, lol, I wondered why she hadn't answered me!
Things* happen though, so maybe real life sent some curves and she could be back. So new, maybe not, someone in addition to her, perhaps!

Thank you....and Yes life has thrown a few curve balls. But seems to be easing up some....and yes an additional moderator would be great. Perhaps Iowaprepper is interested in joining the moderator team? Blessings
"If you don't want to go with crazy firepower, a lever action shoots fast and has enough jam to drop two-legged varmints. Plus you can reload one round at a time between shots. No, scratch that. I'd like you to have as much firepower as you can get." From a Good friend...
freedomfox
Iowa Preppers Network
Iowa Preppers Network

Postby freedomfox » Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:12 pm

Hahaha guess I should have read up more before posting. I see now that Iowaprepper is a moderator now. That is great. I had suggested he become a moderator back in Feb 2011. Glad the Iowa group is strengthening and looking good. I will plan on making the April 28th Meet Up in Boone Iowa. Very cool.
freedomfox
Iowa Preppers Network
Iowa Preppers Network

PreviousNext

Return to Check In Here Iowa Preppers