• Advertisement

Iowa Preppers Roll Call 1/15/2012

Please introduce yourself here

Moderator: IowaPatriot

Re: Iowa Preppers Roll Call 1/15/2012

Postby Hey_Shei » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:07 am

Welcome back freedomfox!!! I'm very sorry to hear about your father, it's rough losing the dad. I don't have a ride for the april meeting, but if you (someone?) can post how things went that would be great : )
Iowa's coming together, Ya!!!! :clap:

Thank you....Yes it has been quite the journey. I have been prepping still just not talking about it. Its all good. My Dad loved ketchup I guess so now I have enough ketchup to last through four Teowaki events...LOL anyway...Thank you.....Nice to see you here.
Hey_Shei
Iowa Preppers Network
Iowa Preppers Network

Postby wesinwauk » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:14 pm

Hello from The very northeast corner of Iowa.

This is my first post of what I hope will be many. My family and I just started our prepping journey. We are starting slow because of economic reasons, but I feel like if you are not struggling to prep that it may be harder for you to find reasons to prep. We certainly had trouble seeing the coming difficulties of my diagnosis of a disease requiring an expensive and strict diet, my wife being unable to find a job, or not being able to sell our house over the past few years. The scary part is, that now that we see the signs around us we understand that things could get worse, much worse. That is the reason we need to prepare. What if we both lost our jobs? What if there was a tornado in our community? What if we needed to take care of a family member in need? Worse yet what if the economy did collapse or there is a world wide war or both? Thus we prep at the speed we can. When our house does sell and we can get relocated into something more affordable for us, we will increase our preparedness schedule, but until then we will continue to prepare on a strict budget.
wesinwauk

Postby freedomfox » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:28 pm

welcome wesinwauk....every little bit helps. And for me the biggest step is the change in mindset. Now you can think in terms of preparedness. You are ahead of many other. Seeds are a good inexpensive prep to build up. Especially if you are going to need a special diet you can start there are work around it....Good luck, keep prepping anf just do what you can when you can....
"If you don't want to go with crazy firepower, a lever action shoots fast and has enough jam to drop two-legged varmints. Plus you can reload one round at a time between shots. No, scratch that. I'd like you to have as much firepower as you can get." From a Good friend...
freedomfox
Iowa Preppers Network
Iowa Preppers Network

Postby kain » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:23 pm

Hello all. My wife to be and I have been prepping for a short time now. It's a long and slow road. Financially things are very tight as with so many others, but I find it foolish not to put in what I can for time and money preparing for the worst for myself and family.
As the saying goes... "preparation, preparation, preparation, and if that doesn't work plan ahead." I've formed a small group of like minded friends, however, I don't believe that most of them are willing to put in the preparations (time and money) that are needed. So, I found this group hoping to find more people, skills, and ideas to help me do what I need/want to do. I say want because I do enjoy prepping, building and planning.

kain
kain

Postby pirategypsy » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:18 pm

Hello Pirategypsy here...We are near the Moline, Il. area. We have both been preppers to some degree or other all our lives, but recently decided to go long term...We would like to get a 2 year stock pile together of food...that way if family shows that was not expected - we can hopefully pull out 1 year. We are both very handy with many things..Pirate (woodworking, mechanics, building, hunting, fishing, welding, cooking,camping, crafts) Gypsy (cooking, canning, dehydrating, sewing, crafts, camping, woodworking) We are both good at making something from nothing. When SHTF we are both well prepared to protect what is ours and either bug in or bug out depending on the situation.
We are hoping we can meet up with others in this area sometime soon to be able to discuss/share information and ideas...It is always better to help others who are willing to listen and learn than to stand alone...a forest is always stronger than a single tree.
pirategypsy

Postby allthat65 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:07 am

I actually live in NE Missouri but work in Iowa. I am very late to prepping even though I have felt something is going to happen since I was a child. Some of my extended family is also into prepping. I joined this group so I could learn anything I don't know and get information I hadn't thought of.
allthat65

Postby Rooster1958 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:09 pm

Hello from Des Moines area,

New to prepping but have been a believer in back to basic's, self reliant life style for years, big Gardner, canning, hunting , and a muti faccet back ground in construction.
You might say a jack of trades.

" A mind is like a parachute, it only works when open"
"A mind is like a parachute, it only works it open"
Rooster1958

Postby Blackwolf » Thu May 24, 2012 12:49 am

SE Iowa. Somewhat new to prepping, looking to network and meet new friends to learn more and practice, help each other out. Feel free to message me and I will try to get back to you soon. We moved down here almost a year ago and haven't been able to find "replacements" for our prep-minded buddies we left in the big city.
Blackwolf

Postby armycommoguy » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:44 pm

Hello from Harrison county. I am looking forward to the meet up in July. Looking forward to get some good info at the meeting.
“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” – George Orwell
armycommoguy
Iowa Preppers Network
Iowa Preppers Network

Postby Hadowas » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:31 am

Hello all, brand new prepper here checking in from Johnson County!
Hadowas

Postby JRogers » Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:12 pm

Welcome! Have you been to the Des Moines Preppers meet-ups page just yet? I know it's not super local for you, but there were a few folks from a number of different places across Iowa at the last meeting, not just Des Moines itself. It's http://www.meetup.com/DesMoinesPreppers/ if you're interested.
JRogers
Oklahoma Preppers Network
Oklahoma Preppers Network

Postby Iatrapper » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:28 pm

Saying hello from Story county.
Iatrapper

Postby Milones4TeaParty » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:11 pm

:tank: Hello! I'm sending you greetings for Marshall County. My husband and I found your site while doing some digging on Survival prep. We're excited about meeting others who prep, and also using your wonderful resorces.
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdon; a good understanding have all those who do his commandments. His praise endure forever.-Psalm 111:10
Milones4TeaParty

Postby Kelli72577 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:21 pm

Hello!
New member here, from Cedar Rapids IA.
Our family is very new to prepping, but we are now going at it at a feverish pace (making up for lost time)! :-)
The most recent thing I've done to add to my stockpile was purchasing about a 7 month supply of baby formula, none of which expires until well into 2015. We have a tiny baby & wouldn't want him to go without if anything happened. Doing this gave me LOTS of peace of mind!

Looking forward to talking to other preppers in Iowa and hearing what you all are doing!
Kelli
Kelli72577

Postby chuckp71 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:05 pm

Hello from western dubuque county. Kinda new at prepping, wouldn't mind networking with people in my area.
chuckp71

PreviousNext

Return to Check In Here Iowa Preppers