• Advertisement

Anyone In Eastern Iowa?

Post Iowa Meetups and events here

Moderator: IowaPatriot

Anyone In Eastern Iowa?

Postby newbieprep » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:16 am

Is there anyone out there in Eastern Iowa, Northwest Illinois, or Southwest Wisconsin interested in a meet up? I believe in the idea of safety in numbers and would like to make some connections. Please let me know if you have any interest.
The greatest fear in the world is of the opinions of others. And the moment you are unafraid of the crowd you are no longer a sheep, you become a lion. A great roar arises in your heart; the roar of freedom. ~ Osho
newbieprep
Iowa Preppers Network
Iowa Preppers Network

Re: Anyone In Eastern Iowa?

Postby T4RD15 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:18 pm

I am hoping to find a BOL in that area, preferably SW WI. I would be willing to meet up on one of my trips out there.

DM
T4RD15

Postby denimsunflower » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:34 pm

There is an Eastern Iowa Preppers meet-up that is pretty big and meets regularly. You can find them on meetup.com
denimsunflower

Postby newbieprep » Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:26 pm

Sorry for the slow response. I looked up the eastern iowa group on meetup and it looked like nothing had been posted in ages. Is it more seasonal?
The greatest fear in the world is of the opinions of others. And the moment you are unafraid of the crowd you are no longer a sheep, you become a lion. A great roar arises in your heart; the roar of freedom. ~ Osho
newbieprep
Iowa Preppers Network
Iowa Preppers Network

Postby JHal » Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:17 pm

Hi newbieprep. I am a new prepper from Eastern Iowa (Davenport) and I would be interested in being part of a meetup.
JHal

Postby Illini Warrior » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:10 am

there's a regular group meeting and an active group out of Peoria ....
Illini Warrior
Illini Warrior

Postby T4RD15 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:34 am

I am not near that area, but as I am looking for a BOL there, I would be willing to meet with people if I get a little notice.
Thanks.
T4RD15

Postby newbieprep » Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:33 pm

Jhal I would love to join a group. Not in a position where I could be the sole organizer though. Any ideas?
newbieprep
Iowa Preppers Network
Iowa Preppers Network

Postby JHal » Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:40 pm

As a newbie myself, I too would not be in a position to be a sole organizer. I am looking for a meet up in our area to meet and learn more about prepping. I'm sure there are a few of us that could at least get together and share ideas. If there is anyone out there with a little meet up experience, let us know as there seems to be some interest.
JHal

Postby newbieprep » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:07 pm

T4 why don't you let us know the next time you will be in the area and we can see if we can get a few people together. Even a little moral support would be welcomed!
newbieprep
Iowa Preppers Network
Iowa Preppers Network

Postby izaana » Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:38 pm

newbieprep wrote:Sorry for the slow response. I looked up the eastern iowa group on meetup and it looked like nothing had been posted in ages. Is it more seasonal?

Well you're doing better than me because I couldn't find any prepper group fro Eastern Iowa at meetup.com???
izaana
Michigan Preppers Network
Michigan Preppers Network

Postby Legion489 » Sat May 02, 2015 2:37 pm

I'm in Iowa City. There is as noted a group in the CR/North Liberty/Iowa City area (meetup.com). Interested in meeting up for coffee anyone in the area to talk things over.
Legion489

Postby Legion489 » Sat May 02, 2015 2:39 pm

OK, I said do a search of it and it will come up. So then I did it and added it below. Way too many posts just to get this done. Sorry.
Legion489

Postby Legion489 » Sat May 02, 2015 2:40 pm

Search results

Eastern Iowa Preparedness and Homesteading (North...
www.meetup.com/EasternIowaPreppers Cached
Eastern Iowa folks who want to prepare for anything such as floods, ice storms, droughts, tornadoes, etc. The purpose of this site is to interact with others who want ...
Legion489

Return to Iowa Meetups