• Advertisement

Last Weekend

Post general Kansas related topics here

Moderators: Lionheart1972, Elona

Last Weekend

Postby Lionheart1972 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:17 pm

Last weekend we had a gathering at Liberty Acres ... it's a place in middle Kansas where ringneck pheasants like to fly. The reason for the meeting is always the same, to encourage, uplift and show appreciation for like-minded friends. Oh yeah, we drink beer, eat lots of grilled meat and shoot guns also. I always have a really great time and I am usually sad that I cant spend more time there.

Here is one of the things that really puzzles me ... Why aren't more people doing this? The NFL really sucks these days so that cant be the reason. Some of us believe we are living in very unique and precarious days. Danger can show up anywhere and at any time, just ask anyone at the concert in Vegas. Yet from what I have seen, very few alleged Patriots are making the effort to unify and prepare. We need to fight complacency.

This is not the time for normalcy bias... From Wiki...(normality bias,) it is a mental state people enter when facing a disaster. It causes people to underestimate both the possibility of a disaster and its possible effects. This may result in situations where people fail to adequately prepare and, on a larger scale, the failure of governments to include the populace in its disaster preparations. I have asked this before and I want to ask it again ... What is your Plan B?
Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants and debt is the money of slaves.
Lionheart1972
Kansas State Moderator
Kansas State Moderator

Re: Last Weekend

Postby Blondie » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:58 pm

Good luck getting people together.

A lot of folk have their face burried in FB waiting for someone they don't know in a third world country to give them a thumbs up.

My Plan B is to take care of me & mine. Same plan in place for like 25 years when people told me "you'll never make it on your own".
Living In A Powder Keg & Giving Off Sparks
Blondie

Postby PatrioticStabilist » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:39 pm

We only have one plan, survive where we are, that's A and B.

We are rural, stocked up on a lot and both have a lot of old
timey skills. Not much more that we could do. I do intend to
go to the new indoor gun range and learn to shoot in a more
controlled manner, perhaps add ammo, about it.
PatrioticStabilist

Postby Fullmoon » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:12 am

From here in Douglas County Oregon to Douglas County Kansas and east, the outlook of John Q. Public is pretty much the same. Urban city dwellers look for big brother to provide for them in any natural disaster while the more independent country dwellers take care of business. They seem to have a natural instinct to keep the pantry full and have their own water supply along with backup generators for when the power goes down. There are a half million cattle in Douglas County Oregon, plus sheep, deer and elk and plenty of agriculture to sustain us. We heat our homes with wood and can survive a winter or two with no help from anyone. Anything can happen at any time so its not good to let your guard down. I live amongst like minded hard working people with plenty of common sense but we have no group plans or meetings to attend. As a general rule, group think Mother Earth News organizations will fail every time due to infighting and petty jealousy combined with not enough technical know how to get her done.
Fullmoon

Postby Lionheart1972 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:40 pm

Fullmoon wrote, "As a general rule, group think Mother Earth News organizations will fail every time due to infighting and petty jealousy combined with not enough technical know how to get her done." I like to think you are wrong on the "every time" part. I have been a part of failed groups and connected with successful groups. I would much rather take my chances with a struggling group than to plan on going into SHTF alone. My Plan A is not just survive, but to thrive if it is possible. My Plan B to is to connect with one of 3 groups I am connected with, and go from there.
Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants and debt is the money of slaves.
Lionheart1972
Kansas State Moderator
Kansas State Moderator

Return to Kansas Discussion, News and Weather