• Advertisement
New Forum Rules
Please Read

Kansas City /LDS Cannery

Post general Kansas related topics here

Moderators: Elona, Lionheart1972

Kansas City /LDS Cannery

Postby Lionheart1972 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:51 pm

Today I made my first visit to the Church of Ladder Day Saints food storage facility in North Kansas City. The cannery has been getting a lot of buzz lately on the Kansas Forum and had peaked my interest. It was fantastic, and I could not be more impressed. Great people, great service, and terrific products. I highly recommend this service to everyone, for my money and in my opinion, it beats walmart , sams club and costco. I happily purchased in excess of 150 pounds of assorted dry goods packed in #10 cans, all neatly boxed and marked for storage.

One product I was particularly impressed with was a box of dry goods they called a "Starter Kit". It contained #10 cans of rice, beans, oats and wheat. It was all nicely packed in a storage box with its contents clearly marked. All of this for the astounding price of 22 dollars. It also has a shelf life of 30 years. How can you beat this? I bought one as a gift for one of my non-prepping children. I plan to get more of these on my next visit.

Someone on another thread mentioned a future meet up at the LDS cannery. I suggest we don't wait until next year to do this, especially since we have so many new preppers on the forum. For those who want an economical, balanced and practical addition to your preps make an appointment to go soon, it would be to your benefit.

BTW, I wanted to mention I am not a member of the LDS church, they don't require church membership to use the facility. They do however require an appointment prior to your visit. They accept cash and credit cards for non members, no personal checks.

Here is the address and a link to there web site. They also have a product and price list included on this site. Happy prepping.

http://www.providentliving.org/
3601 NE Kimball Dr
Kansas City, MO 64101
816-453-2398
Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants and debt is the money of slaves.
Lionheart1972
Kansas State Moderator
Kansas State Moderator

Re: Kansas City /LDS Cannery

Postby KSprepper » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:02 pm

i am going to the cannery on the 6 of sept if anyone in my area wants to ride with or wants me to pick some stuff up .....either way just let me know !!

you only need a appointment to can if you just want to buy the food in bulk you can go in anytime they are open .
KSprepper
Kansas Preppers Network
Kansas Preppers Network

Postby Lionheart1972 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:05 pm

Since we have so many new members I thought I would recycle this post.
Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants and debt is the money of slaves.
Lionheart1972
Kansas State Moderator
Kansas State Moderator

Postby blue fox » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:34 pm

Just a note, I was past there recently and they are only open on Tues and Wed. for those who have not been there they are at the east end of the building that carries their street address
blue fox
Kansas Preppers Network
Kansas Preppers Network

Postby magneto29 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:36 pm

Thank you for the info-I will definitely make a trip out there.
magneto29

Postby tman15 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:54 pm

Hi- We are new to prepping and to this forum. You guys are fabulous! We are interested in going to the cannery and trying it out now. Your information was very helpful. We are from northeast Kansas and will be heading to Kansas City LDS cannery very soon hopefully.
tman15

Postby Kanman » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:14 pm

That would be great tman, and glad we are able to help with info for you. Can you make it to the Mini Expo on the 14th to meet a lot of us?
Kanman
Oregon Preppers Network
Oregon Preppers Network

Postby Lionheart1972 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:47 pm

tman15 wrote:Hi- We are new to prepping and to this forum. You guys are fabulous! We are interested in going to the cannery and trying it out now. Your information was very helpful. We are from northeast Kansas and will be heading to Kansas City LDS cannery very soon hopefully.

Greetings tman, and welcome from Douglas County. Thanks for the PM, I appreciate the comments.
Lionheart1972
Kansas State Moderator
Kansas State Moderator

Postby tman15 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:02 pm

Kanman wrote:That would be great tman, and glad we are able to help with info for you. Can you make it to the Mini Expo on the 14th to meet a lot of us?

--found the mini-expo information on another thread.
I think my sister-in-law and I are both going to try and make it to the expo this weekend. Thanks for the heads-up-- sounds great. We are ditching the husbands who will be busy processing the deer that are hanging in the cooler at the moment :thumbup:
tman15

Postby blue fox » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:04 pm

As a side note the cannery on the bulk purchas side is open on Sat 9 to 12
blue fox
Kansas Preppers Network
Kansas Preppers Network

Postby tman15 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:22 pm

we have an appoiintment to can on Feb 14th-- I will let you all know how it goes. The lady on the phone was very helpful and friendly.
tman15

Postby spookyboss » Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:31 pm

When you get Bulk product do you bring your own containers or do they have bulk containers for sale there? I know they have #10 cans etc.
Thanks,
Robert
spookyboss

Postby Lionheart1972 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:39 pm

spookyboss wrote:When you get Bulk product do you bring your own containers or do they have bulk containers for sale there? I know they have #10 cans etc.
Thanks,
Robert

Greetings Robert, and welcome to the Kansas Preppers portion of APN. LDS does have some bulk sacks of dry goods, they do not have 5 gal. buckets or mylar bags , if that is what you are asking. And yes the # 10 can is the primary way products are sold.

If you get the chance and have the inclination please go to the Kansas Preppers Introduction thread and say hello.
Lionheart1972
Kansas State Moderator
Kansas State Moderator

Postby tman15 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:07 pm

spookyboss wrote:When you get Bulk product do you bring your own containers or do they have bulk containers for sale there? I know they have #10 cans etc.
Thanks,
Robert

You can purchase bulk items in 25# bags and take it home to put in your own large mylar bags and food grade buckets, or you can can it there in #10 cans or they also have smaller pouches that will hold about 5 pounds of product that you can package there and seal up with their equipment.
tman15

Return to General Kansas Discussions