• Advertisement

How Many Wars Is the US Really Fighting?

Post General Louisiana Topics Here

Postby daaswampman » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:18 pm

Hint [snip]

This year, US Special Operations forces have already deployed to 135 nations, according to Ken McGraw, a spokesman for Special Operations Command (SOCOM). That’s roughly 70 percent of the countries on the planet. Every day, in fact, America’s most elite troops are carrying out missions in 80 to 90 nations, practicing night raids or sometimes conducting them for real, engaging in sniper training or sometimes actually gunning down enemies from afar. As part of a global engagement strategy of endless hush-hush operations conducted on every continent but Antarctica, they have now eclipsed the number and range of special ops missions undertaken at the height of the conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan.

https://www.thenation.com/article/how-m ... -fighting/
People rarely notice what it right in front of their eyes. The Da Vinci Code
daaswampman
Louisiana Preppers Network

Re: How Many Wars Is the US Really Fighting?

Postby Blondie » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:08 am

Swamp, 100 of the 135 don't want us there. Always a fan of only going where I'm invited.

That said, lets not forget our own domestic "wars". The war on drugs, the war on poverty, the new war on opiods and the wars on illegals and child trafficking.

You'd think we'd be at full employment by now. ;)
Living In A Powder Keg & Giving Off Sparks
Blondie

Postby Illini Warrior » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:28 am

some of the deployments are extremely short in nature and size .....

a few years ago the US State Department received a request from one of those tiny tiny nations along the African coast - some of those nasty Somali boat pirating POS scum came ashore and seized a local village .... no military at all and the few coppers they had were armed with British revolvers from the colonial days ....

the State Department wisely called up the muscle at the Pentagon - they whistled up a Navy destroyer that blew the crap out of the a-holes ....

I'm guessing the State Department budgeted a few $$$$ Zillion for that little dot on the map - they now have a few destroyers beached and having Sunday tank races with their new armour ....
Illini Warrior
Illini Warrior

Postby John Galt 1 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:52 pm

A thought... You're driving down the road, not speeding, all lights on the car working, nothing illegal at all but a police man pulls in behind you and just seems to follow you for a few miles,,, tends to make your butt kinda pucker a bit doesn't it? I like and support my local police but if one is following me for a few miles I get a tad worried.

So, in many countries the US or NATO (primarily US supported) troops are the "police", Is it any wonder that we (the USA) are disliked by much of the local population?

We do not need to be the world's Policeman. We can't fix every problem nor can we afford to pay for every "problem". Like my 2 roosters, I can't afford the time and effort to keep them separated, they're just going to have to work things out.
Talk is cheap, actions count.
John Galt 1

Postby daaswampman » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:50 am

John Galt 1 wrote:A thought... You're driving down the road, not speeding, all lights on the car working, nothing illegal at all but a police man pulls in behind you and just seems to follow you for a few miles,,, tends to make your butt kinda pucker a bit doesn't it? I like and support my local police but if one is following me for a few miles I get a tad worried.

So, in many countries the US or NATO (primarily US supported) troops are the "police", Is it any wonder that we (the USA) are disliked by much of the local population?

We do not need to be the world's Policeman. We can't fix every problem nor can we afford to pay for every "problem". Like my 2 roosters, I can't afford the time and effort to keep them separated, they're just going to have to work things out.

Exactly! The road to Hell is paved with good intentions. Swamp
People rarely notice what it right in front of their eyes. The Da Vinci Code
daaswampman

Return to Louisiana Discussion, News and Weather