• Advertisement

Central Oklahoma prepper

Please introduce yourselves here.

Moderators: kr105, Eaglehrt

Central Oklahoma prepper

Postby Tanya » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:36 pm

Hello to all ya'll Okies :)
I just found and joined APN forums.
I guess you could say we are new to prepping but not to survival. I myself grew up in Wyoming with a Mountain guide/logger for a dad. Spent a lot of time in my early years roughing it right down to mountain stream bathing, I swear we should have turned into Polar Bears. Anyway we spent most of our spare time in the mountains and at Rendezvous Pageants so I have a pretty decent grasp of outdoor survival. My husband and I both shoot but have not gotten our Concealed Carry Licenses yet. I'm not a hunter but I can butcher and tan hides in a pinch. I can build and repair just about anything that is not mechanical. I can sew but it ain't real pretty, I guess I could handle most clothing repairs though. I knit the basics including socks. I have never had the patients to make a sweater but I expect I could figure it out if needs must. I love gardening and animals (except chickens, I hate chickens) I have experience with horses and dogs. I really want to get into sheep though, I would love to learn to spin and weave myself. I also have a good bit of medical training. I cook and can and have some knowledge of smoking and drying.
My husband is a big strong capable guy. He is very calm, logical and is good with guns and reloading. He is a geologist and also excellent with building anything. He is also not bad with mechanical repairs.

As I said before we have just begun prepping so aside from valuable skills we do not have much in the way of resources yet, hopefully we will have time. Oh also just putting this out there because most of the preppers I have seen in my area so far are pretty religious, We are not. We don't preach our beliefs to others and are not interested in yours. We have lots of friends and family members that are very religious and love them just the same we hope we get the same respect from others.

Cheers and I look forward to chatting with ya'll :)
Tanya
Oklahoma Preppers Network
Oklahoma Preppers Network

Re: Central Oklahoma prepper

Postby Eaglehrt » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:03 am

Welcome and a great hello fro Oklahoma................... Seems to me we will get along just great, and learn from your skills and passion's as from us. It i getting into the time of year that we must keep an eye on the weather, and make sure we can react in a very short notice. Just a reminder of how it changes so fast around here.

Me, well I am Military , retired a very short time ago, I love the outdoors, and can handle myself pretty good. I am also skilled with weapons of many colors, and reload myself as your husband. I have many skills, that will help me teach and share with fellow members that I am sure could be used in times of need.

I would like to get this season up and running as soon as we can. There is so much that we all need to share with each other, and communication will be the most fragile but needed skill we all have.

I am here, if needed by anyone, just let me know by pm and I will be checking in most often. I will leave my number per pm, and I wish you the best with your journey.

Eagle
Looking back on Yesterday, I thank GOD for today.
Smile, Laugh and Be Happy.

Eaglehrt
Vet US Army
USA
Eaglehrt
Oklahoma State Moderator
Oklahoma State Moderator

Postby Eaglehrt » Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:55 am

WEll, looking to see if you would attend, midwest city park this saturday around 0900/0930............ hope you show....pm me if ya thinkin about it.

Eaglehrt
Vet US Army
USA
Eaglehrt
Oklahoma State Moderator
Oklahoma State Moderator

Postby OJinOK » Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:35 am

Hello All,
Greetings! We moved to OKC in 2011; we're new to prepping but we did spend 27 years in the Army. I am also a firearms instructor and safety (including OK-SDA) at a range here in OKC. I grew my first garden this summer, and my wife and I have began creating our stores. We are teachers by profession, as well as pastors. I am industrious and pretty much a jack of all trades. some carpentry, plumbing, electrical and mechanical. I hope to make a meeting the next time that one is scheduled. Our mind set is it is better to have and not need rather than to need and not have.

OJinOK
OJinOK

Postby Eaglehrt » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:24 pm

WElcome................... you sound like your getting it together and that garden sounds like you have a good start this season. PM me and we will get things rolling ...........I am also Military, and share the same traits, and skill sets. long range is my specialty. I will let you know when the next events are taking place, and hopefully you will come by.

Eaglehrt
Vet US Army
USA
Eaglehrt
Oklahoma State Moderator
Oklahoma State Moderator

Postby Grady » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:02 pm

I was in high hopes that I would see more activity for Oklahoma Preppers than I am seeing. Interest, at least from getting together seems to be very low. I would love to see what others in Oklahoma would like to see. I think there is alot that can be done just by sharing knowledge. Let me know what you would like to see please.

Thanks

grady :gunsmile:
Grady

Return to Check In Here Oklahoma Preppers