• Advertisement

Massachusetts Preppers Roll Call 1/15/2012

Welcome. Introduce yourselves here

Moderator: Lynda

Re: Massachusetts Preppers Roll Call 1/15/2012

Postby dmwalsh568 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:18 pm

Hello folks.

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I'm in the MetroWest area inside of 495 and am married to a supportive wife. Have been prepping for years, but have gotten serious in the last few years (standby generator piped into natural gas line, #10 cans of LTS food in addition to stockpile of "regular" canned food.) Hopeful that nothing bad happens, but unwilling to just trust that things will stay normal. Last year's Halloween storm was a dry run for us, on generator for just 15 hours, but didn't have to step outside until the roads were safe again. Nice to not have to risk life and limb to make sure you can eat and stay warm.

-dmw
dmwalsh568

Postby Lynda » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:40 pm

dmwalsh568 wrote:Hello folks.

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I'm in the MetroWest area inside of 495 and am married to a supportive wife. Have been prepping for years, but have gotten serious in the last few years (standby generator piped into natural gas line, #10 cans of LTS food in addition to stockpile of "regular" canned food.) Hopeful that nothing bad happens, but unwilling to just trust that things will stay normal. Last year's Halloween storm was a dry run for us, on generator for just 15 hours, but didn't have to step outside until the roads were safe again. Nice to not have to risk life and limb to make sure you can eat and stay warm.

-dmw

Welcome from the Brookfields. As I type this we're having a multi town power outage today as a line blew somewhere and the following towns have no power at least until three o'clock P.M. Generator and transfer panel being used. I hear you on last year's outage. Six days for us but we sailed right on through. Other folks weren't so fortunate.
THINK......It's not illegal yet.

I Am Responsible For What I Say. I Am Not Responsible For What You Understand.
Lynda
Massachusetts Preppers Network

Postby ShinigamiGurl » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:14 am

GOMEN FOR THE TARDINESS GOMEN GOMEN GOMEN!!!!

anyway, its spring, gonna give my landlord one last check in to make sure he'll let me have a vegetable garden then start drawing up plans for a couple of simple beds for this year. I also want to put in blackberry, raspberry and climbing rose on the fence, again, gotta ask him. My hope is that even when i leave when the stuff hits some poor sod will have berries to eat. Not to mention the other tenants can eat them when i'm gone, I don't mind, really <3333.

Added a few things to my stockpile and I'm working on putting together a leather working kit and candle making. I think i need more safety gear before i make candles though. I was working on recycling wax and the jars i was using for storing it kept sllipping and spilling and I nearly got burned by boiling water twice.
@doing working on setting up my new computer, installing drivers, antivirus, and other programs.
ShinigamiGurl

Postby Lynda » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:20 am

Thanks for checking in, but this is last year's. If you click on my name you'll see the posts I've made and there is a more recent thread. Anyway, glad to finally have you here.
THINK......It's not illegal yet.

I Am Responsible For What I Say. I Am Not Responsible For What You Understand.
Lynda

Postby massprepp1 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:42 am

here from north of boston, havent been doing much due to the increase of the utility rates and getting behind from the holidays
electric rates went up 37% +
massprepp1

Postby Middlesex_prepper » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:00 pm

Still hanging in here, very active in the Massachusetts Preppers Meetup group (http://www.meetup.com/Massachusetts-preppers/). Working hard to grow roots in both RI and NH through meetup as well:

http://www.meetup.com/RI-Preppers/
http://www.meetup.com/NH-Preppers/

This weather is killing my outdoor skills training though.
My home IS my castle. Keeping the ramparts upright since 1991.
Middlesex_prepper

Previous

Return to Check In Here Massachusetts Preppers