• Advertisement

new prepper here in western ma.

Welcome. Introduce yourselves here

Moderator: Lynda

new prepper here in western ma.

Postby irish flower » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:40 pm

Trying to build up my supplies and food stores. I wish I had time for canning. I'd love to find other preppers closer by. I know I need to look into security, but where do you start when you've never used a gun?
irish flower

Re: new prepper here in western ma.

Postby localfoodie95 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:06 pm

I'm in the same boat. I'm interested in learning about firearms, but don't know where to start.

-k
localfoodie95

Postby Ellen » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:05 pm

Dear preppers:
It isn't just about guns. There is alot more to learn about self sufficiency.

If you want to learn about making foods and medicines from herbs, trees and things already in your kitchen, I teach a six month intensive in herbal healing each year, near Amherst Massachusetts. Starts October 13, 2012. Please message me and I will send you the details. Cost: $1,000.00 for six months, meets two Saturdays a month, 1-5 pm (includes about 400 pages of handouts, bibliographies, hands on herbal preparations, an herb walk in the local woods, basics of herbal healing, etc.)
You can learn about tree medicines from my book A DRUIDS HERBAL OF SACRED TREE MEDICINE and about kitchen medicines from my book THE SECRET MEDICINES OF YOUR KITCHEN (will be out October 15)
Ellen Hopman
Ellen

Postby Dencollie+ » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:36 am

Ellen , look into a gun class for women only thats wht ive done . My sister and i are taking the course together. Need to protect yourself and loved ones. Also good skill to earn to hunt and trap! Denise ( sudbury ma).
Dencollie+

Postby Life+Liberty » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:08 pm

Call Northampton Revolver Club @ (413) 586-7821. We have many events to introduce women to the world of firearms and even have a successful women's pistol team who compete against other clubs in the area. You do not have to be a member for the events. There is one coming up soon (Feb...I think). You can also take the necessary classes to get your license. We have a heated indoor range for pistols and rifles up to .22 caliber and outdoor range for everything else.
Life+Liberty

Re: Women on Target event at NRC

Postby Life+Liberty » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:18 pm

As I mentioned in my previous post; the Northampton Revolver Club will be holding its next Women on Target event on May 18, 2013 @ 9am. If your a novice, pro or somewhere in between check out the event. You'll have a chance to familiarize yourself with and shoot pistols, shotguns and rifles as well as network with local women.
Life+Liberty

Postby Lynda » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:30 am

irish flower wrote:Trying to build up my supplies and food stores. I wish I had time for canning. I'd love to find other preppers closer by. I know I need to look into security, but where do you start when you've never used a gun?

Start by taking a firearms training course. It's required here in MA before you can apply for a LTC.
THINK......It's not illegal yet.

I Am Responsible For What I Say. I Am Not Responsible For What You Understand.
Lynda
Massachusetts Preppers Network
Massachusetts Preppers Network

Postby davidsdesire » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:33 am

i agree...i realize security is way high on the list of importance but if you can't eat a gun, don't make that the first thing you procure.

canning is sometimes time consuming but worth it. i can after work in the evening and on the weekends.

i think these boards will help you get up to speed real quick. :)
davidsdesire

Return to Check In Here Massachusetts Preppers