• Advertisement

Anybody in MA?

Welcome. Introduce yourselves here

Moderator: Lynda

Anybody in MA?

Postby Lynda » Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:49 am

If you're around, check in.

Not really much to report here in the Brookfields other than waiting for the warmer weather to finally get here. Looks like we're in for more rain and snow on Tuesday.

The little plants are growing downstairs and I dug up the dirt in the greenhouse and threw a few things out there.

Holding off on ordering chickens until we get the run installed whenever the ground becomes unfrozen.
Got a heavy duty chainsaw to work through those enormous tree trunks the town dropped off to us(love my town) when they completed their tree removal on our road. The crew was nice enough to haul them all the way to our wood storage shed. This should get us around two cords of wood, maybe more. Trees to come down in the back, too.

Ramped up the food storage a bit with several trips to Aldi, ordered pinto beans from LDS and plan on making a trip to the Worcester center very soon.
Still attending classes at the LDS church a couple towns over, every two weeks. Upcoming classes will cover chickens, bee keeping and various other topics.

Getting ready to hit Lowe's for materials to enclose my storage area in the basement.

There never seems to be enough time(or money) to get everything done but we're chipping away at the list.

I really need to inventory and restock the medical supplies.

How are you doing on your end?
THINK......It's not illegal yet.

I Am Responsible For What I Say. I Am Not Responsible For What You Understand.
Lynda
Massachusetts Preppers Network

Re: Anybody in MA?

Postby dmwalsh568 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:38 pm

Slowly adding items to the preps. Got 40 pounds of rice cheap at Stop & Shop last week, filled in some pasta we had used for dinners, etc. Also finally putting together the get home bag that I had bought stuff for but had never assembled...wouldn't have been much use with it sitting in my basement. :p

Basically just marking time until we can get a garden going...starting to hate all this snow and ice.
-dmw
dmwalsh568

Postby Lynda » Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:17 pm

dm, hopefully this will be the last of the snow. Another foot on the way tonight. Tiresome.

Lynda

Postby Patsfan54cc » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:34 am

I'm here! I've talked to you a long time ago. Probably the last time I checked this site. I have found other preppers around in MA but few & far between. I'm on the South shore & am currently trying to hook up with other people. I am currently Facebook friends with The Unlikely Prepper. She has started (trying to start) a group. The page is https://www.facebook.com/NewEnglandPreparednessGroup . I also visit http://www.preppergroups.com where there seems to be more people. Check those out if you haven't already. Strength in numbers you know. Anyway I will check in every so often. I am really going to start ramping it up. Time is short with all the financial stuff going on. Hope you check those other sites.
Patsfan54cc

Postby Lynda » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:43 am

Patsfan, thanks.

Lynda

Postby Western Mass Man » Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:36 pm

I'm still kicking... so to speak.
Western Mass Man

Postby massprepp » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:45 am

here :thumbup:
massprepp

Postby tonid » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:10 pm

hi i am still here in mass i have had a turn of good luck i found a wonderdful aparment in westport i am OUT of the shitty city fall river thank god i am still prepping and trying different things

i tried making mozzerella cheese the other day and i screw it up so bad lol i had a cheese rock ha ha ha i hate failure so i will be trying it again and again till i get it right :clap:
tonid

Postby Lynda » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:48 pm

Thanks for checking in, everyone. I know there are more MA people out there though.

Tonid, I'm not the world's greatest cook and I remember my first loaf of bread. Very heavy. :D

Lynda

Postby Lynda » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:32 am

A quick update. Lumber purchased and framing soon to begin on creation of my pantry room downstairs in the basement. He's already started pre-framing and plans to effectively divide the basement in half with two separate rooms on one side and the general work area on the other, one area for him and one for me with two doors. With the addition of a few more shelving units for my pantry(room) I'll have more than enough storage area, better organization and a cleaner, dust free space that's not visible.
We hope to have this finished by May, barring other duties that get in the way.

He's made the decision to cash out his Roth(very small penalty) and purchase silver. Paperwork arrived yesterday.

Once the snow melts(more snow showers this week) I can start organizing the garden area.

Lynda

Return to Check In Here Massachusetts Preppers