• Advertisement

Knock Knock...anybody home?

Welcome. Introduce yourselves here

Moderator: Lynda

Knock Knock...anybody home?

Postby davidsdesire » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:24 pm

I have done so little this past year with my son living here. He has finally moved and now we have our house again!

We took a trip to Ireland and are thinking about getting a place over there to live half the time. Of course, that's a few years into the future.

Where is everybody??uu
davidsdesire

Re: Knock Knock...anybody home?

Postby dmwalsh568 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:52 pm

Just keeping our heads down and prepping as time, space and money allow.

I did go on vacation this summer, but we drove and I made sure that as soon as we were within one tank of home that we filled up again...nothing happened but I felt better when we were within 300 miles of home. I try not to let the news get me too paranoid, but a touch of worry is a good thing, right? :?

Stay safe out there.
dmwalsh568

Postby Lynda » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:06 am

Still here plugging away. Sometimes it's necessary for me to take the MA Pike from the Sturbridge area to 495 into Milford. I shudder every time I have to do this; it would be a long walk home. I need to replace my essentials bag with a reliable backpack.

Just watching how things are playing out on the national level and shaking my head at how emotional people are getting, particularly on the various forums.
THINK......It's not illegal yet.

I Am Responsible For What I Say. I Am Not Responsible For What You Understand.
Lynda
Massachusetts Preppers Network

Postby daaswampman » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:20 am

I think a lot of people, including myself are pulling inward. I have no fear of getting out, but it is not something I enjoy anymore. Lynda is right, too much emotionalism everywhere I go. After work I have no interest in being out or going places. I find I am pulling back even on APN as there is just too much of an argument rather than a discussion. Recently went to a startup Preppers meeting and it was the same thing. Too many weekend warriors and a lot of big talk and no plans for action. Swamp
daaswampman
Louisiana Preppers Network
Louisiana Preppers Network

Postby Lynda » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:24 am

LOL, Swamp, I could not agree with you more. Even though we're involved with our community(to some extent) I find myself thinking that a hermit like life has its appeal. Fortunately, I can do that to some degree.
THINK......It's not illegal yet.

I Am Responsible For What I Say. I Am Not Responsible For What You Understand.
Lynda

Postby Middlesex_prepper » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:22 pm

I'm sorry to hear everyone is retreating, but living in the belly of the beast here in liberal Massachusetts I can certainly understand why. The constant anti 2A rhetoric coupled with politicians that would rather use the Constitution as toilet paper makes me cringe every time I have a conversation in public. I guess this is how the Sons of Liberty felt before hostilities with the Crown finally broke out...

However, I do see a light of hope. From a Meetup standpoint, some mind share in Massachusetts is finally coming together, and I am beginning to build relationships with folks in both RI and NH in their respective Meetup groups. Net/net, made some new friends, and seem to be building more with every meeting!

They aren't big steps, but hopefully I'll find that I can build a trusted core group who will support each other mutually. At the very least, we can mind share our experiences and work from there.

And my secret hope to find a prepper lady who might love a wreck like me is certainly making me upbeat!

Keep your chins up - when I am down, reading this always makes my strength return:

http://www.ushistory.org/paine/crisis/c-01.htm

If the Continental Army could weather the storm of the Revolution, I am sure we can get past whatever is to come.
My home IS my castle. Keeping the ramparts upright since 1991.
Middlesex_prepper

Postby suzysurvivor » Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:32 pm

when i first started prepping, my dh would only allow it in case of natural disaster (Hurricane Sandy helped me validate myself!) but now he allows as economic collapse MIGHT happen 'someday' (the thought of Rome, the Eternal City going bankrupt is totally terrifying to me) and we should keep preparing for disasters. He won't wrap his mind around TEOTWAWKI but concedes that short-term disasters could befall us.

Bless his heart, he still believes the gubmin will take care of folks in a disaster. He's so adorable when he's deluded.
suzysurvivor

Postby pilgrimtr » Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:16 am

suzy,
He allows ???? :?
if someone tell you they are an expert, be leary of them. if they tell you they are knowlagable of something.trust them. Remember an ex is a has been and a spert is a drip under pressure. :)
pilgrimtr
Florida Preppers Network
Florida Preppers Network

Postby suzysurvivor » Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:01 am

pilgrim, not like he 'allows' me to prep...he couldn't stop me.

i mean he CONCEDES that something other than a hurricane or blizzard --such as a power grid failure or economic disaster--COULD happen. before he blindly believed the gubmint propaganda that 'all is well...go back to your homes and watch some more tv'.

I would be interested in a meet up..
suzysurvivor

Postby Clubv » Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:23 am

Im here in Boston area and would also be interested in a meet-up..
Clubv

Postby Middlesex_prepper » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:14 am

Don't forget to check out the Meetups in Massachusetts. The Prepper movement is gaining some momentum here.
My home IS my castle. Keeping the ramparts upright since 1991.
Middlesex_prepper

Postby suzysurvivor » Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:35 pm

thanks for the info, middle...i'd like to meet some like=minded folks.
suzysurvivor

Return to Check In Here Massachusetts Preppers