• Advertisement

Massachusetts Preppers Roll Call 11/27

Welcome. Introduce yourselves here

Moderator: Lynda

Massachusetts Preppers Roll Call 11/27

Postby North Idaho Patriot » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:27 am

Massachusetts Preppers, Check in and let us know what you've been doing lately to prep.
North Idaho Patriot
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Massacchusetts Preppers Roll Call 11/27

Postby Lynda » Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:06 pm

Just completed an inventory of my food storage. Couldn't get onto Emergency Essentials site yesterday for hours, but finally ordered some items. I noticed that whole egg powder is on back order everywhere. Am replacing items I use, FIFO. Will take a trip to BJs on Tuesday for a few other items. Just got finished stacking firewood. We're looking pretty good especially for the winter weather here in MA.
THINK......It's not illegal yet.

I Am Responsible For What I Say. I Am Not Responsible For What You Understand.
Lynda
Massachusetts Preppers Network

Re: Massachusetts Preppers Roll Call 11/27

Postby Western Mass Man » Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:07 pm

I haven't done much due to money issues, but hopefully I can get back into gear in the next couple of weeks.
Western Mass Man

Postby helwen » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:58 am

Cleaned out some expired food (not too much, it's from a gap in inventory checking after my shoulder surgery). Just picked up a couple local turkeys and laid in some frozen fish too. Hm... maybe I'll learn how to fish next year... need to make a trip to BJs for a few things. I'm having to go gluten-free now, so gave a bunch of stuff to the pantry folks, so I'm working on filling the gap that left. OTOH, it's nice to not have to take anti-inflammatories several times a week!

Dried beans, beets, parsnips, etc. are in from the garden. Turnip row is staked at the ends and mulched -- gotta love that extra winter storage space!

Been giving away clothing, stocking up on wool roving, re-organizing the house, and getting set to do a little sewing this week. Kung fu classes continue -- being in good shape is part of preparedness for me, anyway.

Have some applesauce and some turkey soup to make today.
helwen

Postby spark » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:51 pm

I got in on the Emergency Essentials black Friday sale. Working on bags for the cars. Working on water storage.
spark

Postby Ironfire182 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:24 pm

Checked the food Inventory. Pulled anything that is going to expire in the next 3 months and put it into the pantry.
Got out and washed all my heavy winter cloths.
Got my snowmobile Running.
Corn is Hanging so it will Dry and can be used to plant it next year.

Gotta make a Costco run sometime soon to get a few items, but all in all, things are looking good.

Hopefully I can get out hunting next week and get me a nice fat deer. Then Ill turn it into jerky.
Ironfire182

Postby sgt peppersass » Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:26 pm

fishing is pretty easy just takes some practice. its fun and relaxing to being outside so practice isnt bad! I need to get another tackle box and some gear, mine was left in the wifes trunk when we traded her car in :(
sgt peppersass

Postby vonu » Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:27 pm

sgt peppersass wrote:fishing is pretty easy just takes some practice. its fun and relaxing to being outside so practice isnt bad! I need to get another tackle box and some gear, mine was left in the wifes trunk when we traded her car in :(

Have you ever done it without a tackle box or gear, outside a line and hook?
vonu

Postby Della » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:07 am

Um, we're trying to figure out how to decontaminate our pets. Just our luck the wind will swing and come inland from the SE about 1 minute after Plymouth melts down and we're all out in the woods enjoying an afternoon romp (the fit never hits when the shan is standing still). We're going straight to Plan B because Plan A never works anyway. Kinda wierd, donchaknow, enjoying a fancy restaurant like there's going to be plenty of tomorrows while discussing how we might keep our security force alive and barking when the sirens start to wail? Well, that seemed to be a more sensible use of time than playing MS Solitaire while waiting for dinner to be served (or just being quiet). Plenty of time for solitaire and solitude after the sirens die when the power fails, eh? Come to think of it, we'd really rather not be faced with the need to decontaminate. Not our taste tonight. Can we order up some other scenario instead please?
Hugs,
Della
Della

Postby Lynda » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:19 am

Glad to see another MA prepper, Della. My husband and I frequently discuss disaster scenarios and our response and plans while doing everyday things. It is a bit strange. I'm not near Plymouth(further west) but my sisters are so I understand your concerns.
THINK......It's not illegal yet.

I Am Responsible For What I Say. I Am Not Responsible For What You Understand.
Lynda

Return to Check In Here Massachusetts Preppers