• Advertisement

Noticed weird trend with Emergency Services

General Massachusetts Discussions Go Here

Moderator: Lynda

Noticed weird trend with Emergency Services

Postby dmwalsh568 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:22 am

Last 3 days I've noticed emergency services vehicles from different counties in my local town. First it was police cars, then it was fire trucks then fire department SUVs. I can understand neighboring towns wanting to get familiar with each other for mutual aid, but most of the vehicles I've seen are 45 minutes or more from their home cities/towns.

Anybody seen something similar in their towns or am I just lucky with where I live having a fairly new high school?
dmwalsh568

Re: Noticed weird trend with Emergency Services

Postby FusterCluckFarmer » Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:21 am

Our counties have been doing he same but they are prepping to all go to Oregon. Apparently they are expecting some kind of catastrophe on the west coast very soon. They have been loading tractor trailer trucks of medical supplies and food.
FusterCluckFarmer

Postby anita » Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:47 am

FusterCluckFarmer wrote:Our counties have been doing he same but they are prepping to all go to Oregon. Apparently they are expecting some kind of catastrophe on the west coast very soon. They have been loading tractor trailer trucks of medical supplies and food.

Seriously? How do you know they are headed to western Oregon?

The Cascadian fault comes to mind...
anita

Postby Illini Warrior » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:42 am

FusterCluckFarmer wrote:Our counties have been doing he same but they are prepping to all go to Oregon. Apparently they are expecting some kind of catastrophe on the west coast very soon. They have been loading tractor trailer trucks of medical supplies and food.

ever think they are moving them supplies to a safer location?

Oregon is one of few states with no first strike targets and few tertionary targets ....
Illini Warrior
Illini Warrior

Postby Suncat » Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:00 am

There is a lot of prep in emergency services in Oregon regarding the Cascadia Subduction Zone and the "overdue" 9.0 quake just off the coast. A lot of simulations and training happening around the state.
Suncat

"Real feminine nature isn't weak or fawning. It isn't about wearing frilly dresses or reading romance novels.
Real femininity is strong, confident, vibrant. But it is strong, confident and vibrant in a uniquely feminine way.
~Mary Beth Bonacci
Suncat

Postby woodchipper518 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:13 am

So I joined as a volunteer in my local area CERT and MRC. We have several drills just completed and one more next month. We generally support all the Emergency Service organizations activities. Ask around your area there are likely some loose lips who have some idea what's happening.
woodchipper518
Texas Preppers Network
Texas Preppers Network

Location: North Texas - Denton County / Collin County line / 380 corridor

Postby PatrioticStabilist » Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:27 pm

We have out of city ones in our county but its because the ambulance service building burned and burned up
3 ambulances. The surrounding areas were quick to donate some temporarily till they could get up and running
again.

The building which was fairly new will be rebuilt. I guess something in one of the ambulances caused the fire.
PatrioticStabilist

Postby daaswampman » Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:32 pm

Training - it goes on all the time! Swamp
People rarely notice what it right in front of their eyes. The Da Vinci Code
daaswampman
Louisiana Preppers Network
Louisiana Preppers Network

Postby 3ADScout » Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:30 pm

I agree swamp. Training, conference or even a meeting. All very likely reason to numerous vehicles from other jurisdictions. I live in the largest city within a 10 county area and my town host a number of trainings, conferences or meeting that bring in first responder from a wide area.
3ADScout

Return to Massachusetts Discussion, News and Weather